Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

I want to see who plays Strong Belwas (if he still exists in the GoT TV world)

Ah yes, Belwas is one of my faves! I also hear they killed one of the horse people in the first season that becomes important later in the book series. But after I saw the first season I consumed all the books so therefore have no recollection on who exactly it was.

Just found out I'm having a girl today... The name? Arya

Hey congrats! Would "Aria" be better, to get a little distance from a girl characterized as "horse-faced"?

Just found out I'm having a girl today... The name? Arya

Congratulations! Make sure you hire her a "dance" instructor when she comes of age.

A0VAJ.gif

I had an opportunity to take fencing to fulfill my PE requirement at UGA, but at the time I thought it might've been too big a hassle so I took badminton instead. SMH. That's near the top of my list of regrets.

arya-death-game-of-thrones-gif-not-today-Favim.com-292224.gif

Jimsmusic™ likes this

Game Of Thrones Season 2 Finale Photos And Season 3 Casting News

It's hard to believe that in just a couple of days, the second season of Game of Thrones will wrap up, leaving us to spend months waiting for the show's return. In anticipation of the finale, we've rounded up some Game of Thrones-related material, including some photos from this Sunday's "Valar Morghulis," a bit of casting news for Season 3, and an interview Jack Gleeson did about being a villain.

Earlier this week we shared a list of roles set to be cast for the third season of the series, and among them was Shireen, Stannis Baratheon's daughter. ScreenCrush posted word that Kerry Ingram has been cast in the role, citing this Tweet:

image_normal.jpg Kerry Ingram @kerrywerryberry

Can't wait to start on game of thrones :0) xx

31 May 12

It looks like this may be her first big role. In response to some congratulations, she tweeted her thanks, stating, "I've never done anything like this before so I'm a little bit nervous." Best wishes and congrats to you, Ms. Ignram!

Screen Crush goes on to post a number of photos from this Sunday night's finale, a few of which you can view below. None of them are all that spoilery, though after last Sunday's "Blackwater," it's good to get a glimpse of Jorah and Daenerys, and Theon Greyjoy…

And then of course, there's Joffrey, looking as pompous as ever.

_1338565752.jpg

Speaking of Joffrey, GQ did an interview with actor Jack Gleeson as part of a feature on bad guys. Gleeson credits Game of Thrones writer George R.R. Martin for his portrayal of Joffrey, discussing the way the author shaped the character.

I have to give all the credit to George R. R. Martin, the writer of the books the show is based on, because the character is so perfectly described and analyzed. I didn't need to create new characteristics or mannerisms, and the hair, makeup, and costumes helped as well.

Gleeson certainly has done a fine job in bringing Martin's character to life. He deserves credit for that.

Game of Thrones airs Sunday at 9:00 p.m. Et on HBO. Watch the preview of the episode here.

So now we get spoilers in casting role announcements? Let me guess? she dies right?

No she has a disease known as Greyscale that turns the effected area of your body, well, grey and scaly.

No she has a disease known as Greyscale that turns the effected area of your body, well, grey and scaly.

ahh good to know, bet she dies though at some point and probably not in a good way.

Also, the reason we haven't seen Emilia Clarke naked this year? She re-negotiated a No Nudity clause into her contract after the first season.

Either she was SUPER uncomfortable doing the nudity in the first season or she just realized that they could never replace her and used that knowledge to get out of it. Either way, I say boo.

Also, the reason we haven't seen Emilia Clarke naked this year? She re-negotiated a No Nudity clause into her contract after the first season.

Either she was SUPER uncomfortable doing the nudity in the first season or she just realized that they could never replace her and used that knowledge to get out of it. Either way, I say boo.

GODDAM.NIT!!

tumblr_m4wwvxNB8r1rp2zn0o1_500.gif

You mean Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter?

Yep! That scene with Robb was awesome. Had no idea she had a body like that and the fact that she left her boots on added a little extra sexy to the whole thing.