Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

******* worth every minute.

The wildfire explosion may have been the most incredible thing I've ever seen on TV and The Hound really is the ******* Terminator.

So much gore, and that shot of Tywin and Loras riding into the Baratheon forces was epic.

I REALLY liked Stannis in the thick of everything as opposed to what he did in the books, which is sit on his horse and grind his teeth.

No kidding. The wildfire was INCREDIBLE. I read up to the naval battle in the book and I think what Martin did with the TV episode was easily as good. That might be the greatest battle scene of any TV show ever. It was way more than 16 minutes...it was the entire freaking episode.

Just got two questions:

Was that a Kingsguard that attacked Tyrian? If so, WTF?
Is Tyrian dead? Because that didn't look like a death blow, but he acted like he was dying.

I'm going to catch up in the books now to see how the rest of the battle differs.

I don't know how to do the spoiler thing...... but I just want to know if perhaps the most popular character in the series is alive or not.

Looked like he went into shock maybe.

I don't know how to do the spoiler thing...... but I just want to know if perhaps the most popular character in the series is alive or not.

It's like any other command. Use the [] with spoiler, then the text, then [/] with spoiler after the "/".

Stannis' assault on King's Landing has failed. He's not out of the picture.

And I agree about the tension. I was holding my breath during the scene where the one Lannister ship was sailing in the middle of all of them.

Ahh good to know, let me say this show has created the most hated person on TV since J.R. in Dallas. I hope the show lasts long enough to see him meet his fate.

Well for an hour long show I think it was very well done, while short for what it seemed to be in the book the filming and tension knocked it out of the park. Glad I'm not reading the books as my wife was commenting after the wildfire that welp there goes half the battle right there. In and of itself from a non reader of the books it was pretty awesome. I'll read them once the show is done to get what the show misses but for right now this show is without question the best thing on TV.

Agreed, I loved the battle scene, I was predicting that the battle/seige would last 2 episodes but I'm kind've glad its not. That last episode should help catch up on everything else (the other stories)...

I'm going to be lost after the season finale, gonna have to find a new show :(

Agreed, I loved the battle scene, I was predicting that the battle/seige would last 2 episodes but I'm kind've glad its not. That last episode should help catch up on everything else (the other stories)...

I'm going to be lost after the season finale, gonna have to find a new show sad.png

I'm playing the video game after this season. I already started it and even though it got bad reviews trust me it is actually really good and the story is top notch. If your into that it should hold you over for awhile.

Billy Ocean likes this

But he wasn't in the preview for next week's episode.

Thats what they want...for us to be in suspense!

Thats what they want...for us to be in suspense!

Oh, I'm sure. It's like the Stark kids in Winterfell...they wanted you to guess for the entire week.

Episode #20: “Valar Morghulis”

Tyrion awakens to a changed situation. King Joffrey doles out rewards to his subjects. As Theon stirs his men to action, Luwin offers some final advice. Brienne silences Jaime; Arya receives a gift from Jaqen; Dany goes to a strange place; Jon proves himself to Qhorin. (Written by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss; directed by Alan Taylor.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7gxuSVyggE

Episode #20: “Valar Morghulis”

Tyrion awakens to a changed situation. King Joffrey doles out rewards to his subjects. As Theon stirs his men to action, Luwin offers some final advice. Brienne silences Jaime; Arya receives a gift from Jaqen; Dany goes to a strange place; Jon proves himself to Qhorin. (Written by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss; directed by Alan Taylor.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7gxuSVyggE

PHEW!

Where the he!! was the

Giant chain?

That's easy...there wasn't enough time for the naval battle to develop in that episode, so they by-passed it with the single ship and the wildfire. I knew that was going to get cut out because in the book there's about twelve references leading up to the naval battle and the TV show didn't mention it a single time. I didn't think it was that important, myself. The wildfire is obviously the spectacular part of that battle.

The look on Stannis' face when Loras rides in on Renly's horse in Renly's armor was ******* great too.

It was also funny watching Cersei slowly becoming a loony tune.

Whats wrong with this kid.. like tourettes or something?

tumblr_m4pnbmYYfT1qis07wo1_250.jpg

The look on Stannis' face when Loras rides in on Renly's horse in Renly's armor was ******* great too.

It was also funny watching Cersei slowly becoming a loony tune.

I was confused for a split second cause at night Loras looks a lot like Lancel.