Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

Cersei might be finding Lancel Lannister a poor substitute for Jaime...

Cersei: “That little worm between your legs does all your thinking….”

tumblr_m4dyiptWbn1r0ib0to1_500.jpg

I plan to start reading Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings this summer. Then I plan to quit and read along with A Storm of Swords as the third season airs. I'll have to see how stopping goes though... might be too hard not to keep going.

Might as well read it all once you get going. Didn't you say the producers were going to split Storm of Swords into 2 seasons?

Might as well read it all once you get going.

...I think at some point I might start reading the "Ice and Fire" books...

Full disclosure - I haven't read an actual book in well over a decade.

*Elaine compares Kevin (aka Bizarro Jerry) to Jerry:*

"...They read."

Jerry: "I read."

Elaine: "Books, Jerry."

Jerry: "Oh... big deal!"

Bizarro_Seinfeld.jpg

Didn't you say the producers were going to split Storm of Swords into 2 seasons?

Yeah, I don't know if HBO has officially said so yet or if they even will, they seem to be generally moving away from discussing the show in a book-to-season context..

HBO renews 'Game of Thrones,' might split 'A Storm of Swords' into two seasons

'Game of Thrones' recap: Charting its own course

If any y'all who have read the books feel like reading this, let me know how spoilery it is.. I can't tell from this:

Game of Thrones Season 3 Casting Rumors: Another Baratheon, Blue-Haired Love Interest

Read spoilers at your own risk! For more on Wetpaint Entertainment's philosophy on spoilers, click here.

No spoilers

kane#7 and Billy Ocean like this

HBO is pulling a last minute shift. The execs at the network have decided they don't want to spend all that money in attracting a watered down Memorial Day audience. Tonight will be a recap episode, with the last two episodes starting next week.

HBO is pulling a last minute shift. The execs at the network have decided they don't want to spend all that money in attracting a watered down Memorial Day audience. Tonight will be a recap episode, with the last two episodes starting next week.

phonethrow.gif

But seriously.. if we were still living in the days before HBOGO and DVR's, I would totally expect that HBO wouldn't air a new episode on a Memorial Day weekend. I can remember HBO not scheduling a new Sopranos because of holiday weekends and me being pissed off.

Can't watch tonight!!!!! House full of people and the kids were put to sleep in my modest man cave where the other TV is. The main TV is being controlled by all the women. Won't be back to this thread til I watch tomorrow. Nothing has sucked harder than this!!!

SMH

******* worth every minute.

The wildfire explosion may have been the most incredible thing I've ever seen on TV and The Hound really is the ******* Terminator.

So much gore, and that shot of Tywin and Loras riding into the Baratheon forces was epic.

I REALLY liked Stannis in the thick of everything as opposed to what he did in the books, which is sit on his horse and grind his teeth.

Jimsmusic™ likes this

Ha pretty awesome episode....loved it when (wont spell his name right) the Imp saw all of Stannis's men charging towards him...and was like "Oh f***K me!"

Great episode,my wife who read the books said at least half the battle was cut out if not more, but what was shown though was very well filmed and very tension filled. Awesome cinematography with the wildfire, budget be damned they did a good job. Only bummer from my stand point having not read the books is the battle didn't change anything accept Stannis is out of the picture and from my point of view the only real threat to Joffrey now is Daenerys.

Great episode,my wife who read the books said at least half the battle was cut out if not more, but what was shown though was very well filmed and very tension filled. Awesome cinematography with the wildfire, budget be damned they did a good job. Only bummer from my stand point having not read the books is the battle didn't change anything accept Stannis is out of the picture and from my point of view the only real threat to Joffrey now is Daenerys.

I gotta say I was kind of disappointed w/ how short the battle was. I was expecting a "seige" like they were talking about. I'm sure the battle lasted a few hrs but of course they had to shorten it up for the episode. And of course Joefferey is still in the picture which ruins my day.

Stannis' assault on King's Landing has failed. He's not out of the picture.

And I agree about the tension. I was holding my breath during the scene where the one Lannister ship was sailing in the middle of all of them.

Appreciate it. Just one more thing if you don't mind..

did Sansa leave with the Hound? The previews for next week looked like she was still in the royal court.

I gotta say I was kind of disappointed w/ how short the battle was. I was expecting a "seige" like they were talking about. I'm sure the battle lasted a few hrs but of course they had to shorten it up for the episode. And of course Joefferey is still in the picture which ruins my day.

Well for an hour long show I think it was very well done, while short for what it seemed to be in the book the filming and tension knocked it out of the park. Glad I'm not reading the books as my wife was commenting after the wildfire that welp there goes half the battle right there. In and of itself from a non reader of the books it was pretty awesome. I'll read them once the show is done to get what the show misses but for right now this show is without question the best thing on TV.

Stannis' assault on King's Landing has failed. He's not out of the picture.

And I agree about the tension. I was holding my breath during the scene where the one Lannister ship was sailing in the middle of all of them.

Didn't Stannis have something crazy like 100K troops after he absorbed Renly's forces? He has to have a lot of men left somewhere. Wonder how many were taken out by that initial ship?

I don't know how to do the spoiler thing...... but I just want to know if perhaps the most popular character in the series is alive or not.