Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

Given the circumstances surrounding Jaqen's killings of The Ticker and Armory Lorch and Jaqen's worship of the same god as Melisandre, I had been getting the impression that Jaqen is using some sorta magic or something. And that hunch was reinforced with how Arya, Gendry and Hot Pie found things at the gate last night.

Jaqen is part of a certain guild we'll hear more about in subsequent seasons
Billy Ocean likes this

Jaqen is part of a certain guild we'll hear more about in subsequent seasons

Cool. I caught another Brotherhood Without Banners reference last night, too. I guess they'll become more prominent in future books.

Also glad they brought Hot Pie along when they escaped. Kid kinda reminds me of Chunk from The Goonies.

tumblr_m4d0bkN3Wo1qlsid7o1_500.gif

Jimsmusic™ likes this

Cool. I caught another Brotherhood Without Banners reference last night, too. I guess they'll become more prominent in future books.

Also glad they brought Hot Pie along when they escaped. Kid kinda reminds me of Chunk from The Goonies.

The kid reminds me of the beloved family pet, introduced in so many Stephen King or Dean Koontz books. You always know what happens next

The kid reminds me of the beloved family pet, introduced in so many Stephen King or Dean Koontz books. You always know what happens next

Yeah, I'm starting to come to the conclusion that people around Arya are going to keep dying, and she's gonna keep getting more and more determined to gain vengeance.

Sending you a PM.

muskokas finest © likes this

That part I don't get. I assume it will explain, but I'm very confused as to whether Theon knows or not, or if he just butchered the farmer's kids and said they were the Starks to save face. Brann and Rickon don't know the farmer's kids were killed, so there was obviously not a deal made between them and Theon to return to Winterfell.

When Osha is telling Maester Luwin that the lil' lords don't need to know about the farm kids getting butchered because they've already been through so much and the camera pans around to Bran hearing every word they're saying, I just felt heartbroken for poor Bran. Again. Bran is the one character I've sympathized with most in this series. On the other hand, seeing Rickon use Hodor as a human body pillow was one of the more adorable things I've ever seen.

tipp78 likes this

When Osha is telling Maester Luwin that the lil' lords don't need to know about the farm kids getting butchered because they've already been through so much and the camera pans around to Bran hearing every word they're saying, I just felt heartbroken for poor Bran. Again. Bran is the one character I've sympathized with most in this series. On the other hand, seeing Rickon use Hodor as a human body pillow was one of the more adorable things I've ever seen.

354u2f.jpg

BTW Billy, Jaqen does not worship the same God as Melisandre, he just recognizes all of the different Gods of the world.

He mentioned Arya stealing 3 deaths from the Red God because if not for her intervention, they would have burned alive, and the Red God / Lord of Light / R'hllor (in the books) is said to be found in all forms of fire.

Billy Ocean likes this

Oona Chaplin has a real Jennifer Love Hewitt thing going on, and it's ******* fantastic.

It's totally worth it, show-Robb.