Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

Leaked audition tape for season 3 http://vimeo.com/42072459

Irish actor Tom Sullivan, reading for the part of Catelyn Stark's brother, Edmure Tully. The other two character dialogue's being read for are Robb Stark, and presumably Brynden Tully.

'Game of Thrones' star Richard Madden teases "awesome" battle

Game of Thrones star Richard Madden has promised fans that the famous 'Battle of the Blackwater' will "be awesome".

The actor, who plays Robb Stark in the HBO series, said that the epic clash from George RR Martin's original novels will be faithfully recreated on screen.

"I'm really excited to see a certain battle that happens," he told E! News.

"Season one viewers were a bit mad that they didn't get to see enough of the battle, but anyone that missed out on the battle last year is not going to be disappointed with the battle this year. It's going to be awesome."

The below tells which episode the battle occurs in, so I put it as a spoiler. Not really a big deal tho... only 3 episodes left. ~ BO

The 'Battle of the Blackwater' will take place in the ninth episode of Game of Thrones' second season, which airs on May 27 in the US.

'Game of Thrones' star Richard Madden teases "awesome" battle

Game of Thrones star Richard Madden has promised fans that the famous 'Battle of the Blackwater' will "be awesome".

The actor, who plays Robb Stark in the HBO series, said that the epic clash from George RR Martin's original novels will be faithfully recreated on screen.

"I'm really excited to see a certain battle that happens," he told E! News.

"Season one viewers were a bit mad that they didn't get to see enough of the battle, but anyone that missed out on the battle last year is not going to be disappointed with the battle this year. It's going to be awesome."

The below tells which episode the battle occurs in, so I put it as a spoiler. Not really a big deal tho... only 3 episodes left. ~ BO

The 'Battle of the Blackwater' will take place in the ninth episode of Game of Thrones' second season, which airs on May 27 in the US.

Ohhhh boy! Limbs are gonna be flying all over the place.

The scene in question lead to a critics’ debate on Twitter about whether Joffrey had, in fact, forced Ros to rape or sodomize Daisy with a stag’s head scepter, which Bianco quickly denied. “Wow, no,” she said. “What got cut from the edit was that I was beating her and you see the scepter coming down [with] blood on the end of it … I’m [actually] hitting a pillow. I had to hit it with all my force and I broke the scepter. People were gluing it back together because antlers were coming off.”

‘Game of Thrones’: Esmé Bianco Talks About Ros, Sexposition, Nudity, and More

When we spoke with George R.R. Martin last year, he told us he was nervous about the funding for "Blackwater," the episode he wrote which features a highly-anticipated battle…

When you say that to me and you say that they were worried about the finance, and that it wouldn't be big enough, that kind of scares me because from what I saw I had never been on a set with such perfect attention to detail. The truth is that obviously I would have loved to have seen what they could have produced had they had every penny they required available to them, but from what I saw the castle walls were a good 30 feet high and we had men with fire, hurling rocks down at the enemy below. I actually caught a rock to the head as I was running out. So they really, really decided to use every bit of finance they had available to them. I think it would be wrong for the fans to assume that they are not going to get the battle scenes that they want because what they have done has been fantastically well organized and perfectly, perfectly put together. It would be wrong to dream of a bigger and better world than the one we already have.

Are you excited to see how that episode turns out?

Oh, of course! I'm kind of a bit worried though because I think I'm a bit more excited than the fans because being there you see it in the flesh, but you wonder what kind of magic the camera can do towards the scenes, so actually I am looking forward to it. It's going to be quite thrilling.

A lot of fans have said they want books three and four to be split into separate seasons. Is that something you'd like to see?

This is something that I've been wanting, but I think what fans would like and perhaps what might be an idea is to have book three and four written in a timeline next to each other in a storyline. I would be an idea for season three to account for both of those books, but in a way that allows us to have Daenerys, and have Tyrion and have Jon Snow and all of them at the same time because they're all so wonderful. I think our fanbase would sort of mourn the loss even for one season of their favorite characters and how fantastically unique and exciting and ambitious they are.

Read more: http://www.eonline.c...4#ixzz1vHfrSDSQ

I just want to see a dragon do down on calisi!

Don't need no possibility for fire breathing near that platinum haired who-ha tho.

"Damb baby, I've heard of trimming the hedges, but you done scorched the earth!"

KNfxn.jpg

Another great episode, Last week I did not think the stark boys were dead, then at the beginning this week I thought well crap they really killed them, given the pension for this show killing off people, they actually got me for a change. Building up to a great 2 hrs of war.

Boring episode in my opinion, but the cinematography continues to be the greatest that television has ever seen.

The preview for next week gave me chills.

Boring episode in my opinion, but the cinematography continues to be the greatest that television has ever seen.

The preview for next week gave me chills.

I agree for the most part on the bore factor although the scene with Tyrion and Cersei, like all of their scenes together, delivered once again.

Another great episode, Last week I did not think the stark boys were dead, then at the beginning this week I thought well crap they really killed them, given the pension for this show killing off people, they actually got me for a change. Building up to a great 2 hrs of war.

penchant

HBO-released screenshot of Bronn from the episode with The Battle of the Blackwater

Bronn-Jerome-Flynn-HBO.jpg

That is going to be the most epic episode EVER. I'm seriously stoked about next Sunday in a way that I haven't been in a very long time for any TV show.

I hope they do the Battle of Blackwater Bay justice. Should last at least the entirety of an episode imo.

According to George R.R. Martin, they went out of their way to pay homage to the battle and to do it right.

AF89 likes this

I never bought into it, myself. The real mystery for me was whether Theon knew the truth or not, and apparently he did. Also, I thought the special effects for the bodies was kind of weak. Not realistic at all. I'm hoping they were saving the budget for the Battle of Blackwater Bay, which looks like it's going to be freaking awesome.

2 hours? so next weeks episode will be 2 hours?

In the context of the show, where is Ghost while Jon is captured by the Lord of Bones? I'll have to watch the replay but I don't believe I see him. In the book series he accompanies him during his "captivity".