Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

May 20: “The Prince of Winterfell”

At Winterfell, Theon receives a visitor and holds down the fort. Arya calls in her final debt with Jaqen in a way that displeases him. Robb is betrayed. Tyrion and Varys find common ground. Dany ignores Jorah's advice. Stannis and Davos approach their destination, and Davos is offered a reward.

Where was Ghost while John Snow wandered through the Tundra?

If Grey Wind is so fearsome in battle, Theon's search party would be no match for Summer and Shaggy Dog.

dafuq

at the end..

was that the crippled stark boy?(i forget his name)

"Where did you find this beast?" laugh.png

lmao

Jaime always has the best lines

I think it was the 2 orphans that work at the farm.... heck I think the hunting party would of all been killed by the dire wolves

Also Ghost needs to sort it out and be with Jon

I didn't understand any of the particulars surrounding that negotiation that Robb went to. Where did he go, who was he negotiating with, and what was he negotiating for?

I didn't understand any of the particulars surrounding that negotiation that Robb went to. Where did he go, who was he negotiating with, and what was he negotiating for?

In the books it's a battle for The Crag, a house under the Lannister banner, only the attacking force is small because of the geography of the area. It's not a POV part of the story and Robb doesn't return until Storm of Swords. Even though HBO is deviating significantly from the books, any more info could be a spoiler.

Billy Ocean likes this

i tried watchin this shoe, and it's just too cunfusing! theres too many characters, and i dont know what the heck is going on lmao. i heard it was good tho

In the books it's a battle for The Crag, a house under the Lannister banner, only the attacking force is small because of the geography of the area. It's not a POV part of the story and Robb doesn't return until Storm of Swords. Even though HBO is deviating significantly from the books, any more info could be a spoiler.

Thanks. Can you tell me anything about the “brotherhood without banners” that Tywin and The Mountain spoke of?

Thanks. Can you tell me anything about the “brotherhood without banners” that Tywin and The Mountain spoke of?

They are outlaws with the goal of trying to counter the raping/pillaging that the Mountain and his men are doing in the Riverlands. They follow the Lord of Light.

Billy Ocean likes this

Without to much of a spoiler is the entire book series about abusing the Starks?At any point in time do they ever get the upper hand? Yea mostly it is their own fault for being naive and or to loyal\honorable but seriously every time I think they may be doing good to avenge things to push forward they just screw it up.

At some point there will be none left.

While in the first season you are compelled by Ned's death and other circumstances to root and or want them to get revenge I will eventually have to just start not caring about that Family in the show cause they are to naive to survive.

Arya is the only one out of all them that has the smarts to survive.

Without to much of a spoiler is the entire book series about abusing the Starks?At any point in time do they ever get the upper hand? Yea mostly it is their own fault for being naive and or to loyal\honorable but seriously every time I think they may be doing good to avenge things to push forward they just screw it up.

While in the first season you are compelled by Ned's death and other circumstances to root and or want them to get revenge I will eventually have to just start not caring about that Family in the show cause they are to naive to survive.

Just be patient. The whole series is a roller coaster ride.

This series is great for those who like to cheer for the black hats.

Do you remember in Season 1 when Ned Stark charges a guy named Beric Dondarrion with the task of riding to the Riverlands to execute Gregor Clegane? Well, he took a host of men with him. Well, Dondarrion and his host fails to bring The Mountain to justice, and shortly after they learn that Robert Baratheon and Ned Stark are both dead, and since their allegiances were to those two men, they become The Brotherhood Without Banners, a group of outlaws that roams the Riverlands attacking any Lannisters they find.

Beric_Dondarrion.png

Jimsmusic™ and Billy Ocean like this