Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

Theon didn't have a chance to sharpen his blade.....he was too busy honing Osha (in typing this I now realize why HBO changed Asha Greyjoy to Yara)

I remember how much all the book readers complained about Asha's name being changed to Yara.

There are no fewer than 3 or 4 times while browsing IMDB or Westeros.org where I see someone making an Asha/Osha typo, and then for the rest of the page, everyone else is confused and asking what that person is talking about.

Ex.

I had no idea Asha was that hot.

She's not.

Looked pretty hot to me once she took her clothes off.

She never takes her clothes off.

Yes she did, she slept with Theon in order to make sure he fell asleep.

That was Osha, you're confusing Osha with Asha.

Who's Asha?

Yara.

What?

The spelling of the names trip me up because I didn't read the books. I listened to all 5 books on audio as I drive back and forth to work.

I never bothered to check but these book are on audio? What is the best version? I'm really to busy to sit down and read a huge book these days but having audio on in the background might work.

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

I remember how much all the book readers complained about Asha's name being changed to Yara.

There are no fewer than 3 or 4 times while browsing IMDB or Westeros.org where I see someone making an Asha/Osha typo, and then for the rest of the page, everyone else is confused and asking what that person is talking about.

Ex.

I had no idea Asha was that hot.

She's not.

Looked pretty hot to me once she took her clothes off.

She never takes her clothes off.

Yes she did, she slept with Theon in order to make sure he fell asleep.

That was Osha, you're confusing Osha with Asha.

Who's Asha?

Yara.

What?

The actress they chose for Asha/Yara is not how I pictured the character.

I never bothered to check but these book are on audio? What is the best version? I'm really to busy to sit down and read a huge book these days but having audio on in the background might work.

Get the ones read by Roy Dotrice. His voice work is incredible.

Audiobooks are a great way to go if you're in your car alot.

I make more of an effort to learn peoples names on GoT than I do with people I actually meet in real life. True story.

I can imagine. Found it pretty hard to know the players, prior to reading the books

I got my unabridged version from audible.com.

I'm watching the series on HBO, reading the book when I have a chance, and listening to the audio when I do a long hike. I have trouble keeping up with who is who too.

I wonder if that's the letter that "Talisa" was writing while sitting in Robb's camp. If it was, ballsy of her to admit what she was doing while hoping Robb would take it as a joke.

It looks like she was writing on a longer piece of paper than what Arya stole.

tumblr_m3p8qxHxWy1qe3f1eo6_250.gif

For some reason the Theon Osha bedroom bit reminded me of this since she put him in "sleep mode". Sorry for the poor quality, I couldn't find a better one:

It looks like she was writing on a longer piece of paper than what Arya stole.

Interesting ideas.....or maybe messing with readers heads using a new character.

Interesting ideas.....or maybe messing with readers heads using a new character.

Talisa needs to tell us more about her background. While topless.

tumblr_m3ndqjh4pQ1qej1qro2_r2_500.gif

The actress is named Oona Chaplin. Her grandfather is Charlie Chaplin. HBO seems to have a knack for this, as Boardwalk Empire's Richard Harrow is played by Jack Huston, grandson of Hollywood icon John Huston.

And speaking of the unspeakable, I have become quite obsessed with the actor who plays Joffrey, and the fact that he has given up the craft to study philosophy and theology at Trinity College, Dublin.

http://www.telegraph...of-Thrones.html

He is a student of Trinity College, Dublin, and a member of DU Players.[4] In 2012, he was awarded a Scholarship at the same university following a competitive examination demonstrating "exceptional knowledge and understanding of his subjects".[5][6] Gleeson has indicated an intention to pursue an academic career rather than a professional acting career, once his work on Game of Thrones is completed.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Gleeson

tumblr_lmqnz9nZbd1qlsk4co1_500.jpg

This "Inside the Episode" video I watched yesterday said that it's Joffrey's first time getting negative feedback and he's only gonna get worse cause of it.

No wonder Gleeson wants to quit. Must be tired of getting the taste slapped out of his mouth. The director needs strict discipline to curb the urge to keep re-shooting those scenes.