Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

Sally and Roger are badly under-utilized.

Agree.

I like this Roose Bolton guy, but he's the exact opposite from Greatjon Umber in his demeanor. I've missed Greatjon this season.

“Have no fear m’lady, we’ll shove our swords up Tywin’s bunghole! Then it’s on to the Red Keep to free Ned!”

tumblr_lxstwkRhF81qcigjto1_500.gif

The spider was not in attendance, strangely enough. Even stranger was Mormont's absence from Dany's side.

Yeah, it was weird that last week Daeny told Jeor Mormont to go find a single ship, and this week no mention of Jeor and Daeny's the one trying to procure ships (plural).

Still not as weird as the other rangers leaving Jon Snow behind to do something that should take less than a minute though.

Was anyone able to read what that note said that Arya took from the table. It appeared to concern the Stark family in some way, but I couldn't read what it said. Therefore her running off with it didn't make a lot of sense to me. Unsure what she intended to do with it anyway.

I like this Roose Bolton guy, but he's the exact opposite from Greatjon Umber in his demeanor. I've missed Greatjon this season. Bolton has more to him than Greatjon

Yeah, it was weird that last week Daeny told Jeor Mormont to go find a single ship, and this week no mention of Jeor and Daeny's the one trying to procure ships (plural). Don't know what to make of this. No Jorah/dragons kidnapped is all HBO

Still not as weird as the other rangers leaving Jon Snow behind to do something that should take less than a minute though. Some revisionism going on here as well

Was anyone able to read what that note said that Arya took from the table. It appeared to concern the Stark family in some way, but I couldn't read what it said. Therefore her running off with it didn't make a lot of sense to me. Unsure what she intended to do with it anyway.

She was running to see Gendry. Did Baelish leave the note for her to find?

The spider was not in attendance, strangely enough. Even stranger was Mormont's absence from Dany's side.

Okay, then I must have mistaken the guy ripped apart for him. It's even more interesting now.

She was running to see Gendry. Did Baelish leave the note for her to find?

I don't know. Did you catch what the note said?

I don't know. Did you catch what the note said?

I believe it was some directive regarding battle plans against Robb. I don't think it was intended for us to know exactly what it said.

I believe it was some directive regarding battle plans against Robb. I don't think it was intended for us to know exactly what it said.

Ah okay. I thought I was just too old blind and slow to catch it all. Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah, it was weird that last week Daeny told Jeor Mormont to go find a single ship, and this week no mention of Jeor and Daeny's the one trying to procure ships (plural).

Jorah Mormont. Jeor is his father, the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.

Click picture to enlarge

9D6Ys.jpg

I wonder if that's the letter that "Talisa" was writing while sitting in Robb's camp. If it was, ballsy of her to admit what she was doing while hoping Robb would take it as a joke.

AF89 likes this

Also been meaning to ask... Maester Luwin really has a 3-eyed raven? When I saw that, I was thinking that whole first scene was just a dream for a good while there.

Jorah Mormont. Jeor is his father, the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.

Damb this sh-t gets confusing sometimes. Feelin like Tywin's illiterate bannerman now. sleep.png

Every hold has a rookery of messenger-ravens and the Maester's tend them. That was just some random raven that he was sending a message with.

The Three-Eyed Raven, which is actually a Crow, is in Bran's dreams.

I wasn't referring to the raven that actually carried the message this week. I thought that there was a cutaway shot in that scene of a raven (not in a cage but rather sitting on a perch) that had a third eye. Maybe I didn't see what I thought I saw.

My pops has homing pigeons, so I always like the raven stuff.

I remember about ravens being part of the maester's role, and on that note I wanta see more of Maester Aemon.

I wasn't referring to the raven that actually carried the message this week. I thought that there was a cutaway shot in that scene of a raven (not in a cage but rather sitting on a perch) that had a third eye. Maybe I didn't see what I thought I saw.

My pops has homing pigeons, so I always like the raven stuff.

I remember the part about ravens being part of the maester's role, and on that note I wanta see more of Maester Aemon.

I thought I saw a third eye on a raven too. I thought the first scene was one of Bran's dreams for a long time before accepting it was actually happening.

I thought I saw a third eye on a raven too. I thought the first scene was one of Bran's dreams for a long time before accepting it was actually happening.

Yeah, I just went back and watched it on HBOGO.. when Maester Luwin is scribbling out the note, he looks up and there is a 3-eyed raven.

I thought it was dream for a long time. And that line of thinking only got reinforced when Osha said to Bran “Don’t you see? It’s your dream – the sea has come to Winterfell.” The part where I decided it wasn't a dream was when Theon's grizzled azz firstmate says that Sir Rodrik had to "Pay the Iron price." sad.png

And another thing.. since it was actually Sir Rodrik, himself, who taught Theon how to swing a sword, I gotta think he was more disappointed than anybody at how Theon botched the decapitation.

AF89 likes this

And another thing.. since it was actually Sir Rodrik, himself, who taught Theon how to swing a sword, I gotta think he was more dissapointed than anybody at how Theon botched the decapitation.

Am I the only one that cringed at the sound when he stomped off the last bit? Brutal.

Am I the only one that cringed at the sound when he stomped off the last bit? Brutal.

I thought that^^ woulda been the most cringeworthy scene of the week, until I heard "Have you ever been f'd, little girl?" unsure.png Both scenes seemed to take a lot longer than they actually did.

I give GoT credit...there's never a shortage of "cringe" moments.

In reality, thats how most beheadings by sword were. Taking a head off clean with a single swipe was a skill that not many possessed. Those condemned with money often paid for their own skilled headsman so they wouldn't go out like Sir Rodrik.

In reality, thats how most beheadings by sword were. Taking a head off clean with a single swipe was a skill that not many possessed. Those condemned with money often paid for their own skilled headsman so they wouldn't go out like Sir Rodrik.

Theon didn't have a chance to sharpen his blade.....he was too busy honing Osha (in typing this I now realize why HBO changed Asha Greyjoy to Yara)