Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

May 13: “A Man Without Honor”

Jaime meets a distant relative; Dany receives an invitation to the House of the Undying; Theon leads a search party; Jon loses his way in the wilderness; Cersei counsels Sansa.

Book people, did Cat send Ned's bones back to either Winterfell or Rob's camp sometime before she was forced to flee Renly's camp?

In the book, the bones were sent to Riverrun. HBO entrusted them to Littlefinger to keep his character more involved.

Billy Ocean likes this

tyrion-slap-part-2.gif

This looks like another good one to put to "Achilles Last Stand" Are we supposed to like The Imp? I know the Lannisters are a bunch of ***** bags, but I can't help but like this guy.

This looks like another good one to put to "Achilles Last Stand" Are we supposed to like The Imp? I know the Lannisters are a bunch of ***** bags, but I can't help but like this guy.

He is the most complex character in the show. He's likable until he laughs about Ned Stark's death, and then he turns d-bag quickly enough. Despite his status in Westeros society, he might be the most human character in the entire show/book.

"God's help you Theon Greyjoy, you are truly lost now."

sad.png

That's not the death that caught me off guard. Seriously, the eunuch's dead now???

I can say this without any spoiler alerts...when the s*** starts flying, the s*** SERIOUSLY hits the fan. Great episode that made up for the gratuitous nonsense from two episodes ago. Loving the series and loving the books...even though this season the series deviates from the books a lot more than last season.

"The Old and New Gods" episode is the best thing I've seen on TV in a while. Tywin and Arya's dynamic relationship is definitely growing on me.

Did everyone else hold their breath the entire time Arya was waiting on Tywin and Little Fingers? I kept waiting for LF to say "wait a minute, your cup holder is Arya Stark!".

I still think he may have perceived who she was and just kept his mouth shut.

Did everyone else hold their breath the entire time Arya was waiting on Tywin and Little Fingers? I kept waiting for LF to say "wait a minute, your cup holder is Arya Stark!".

I still think he may have perceived who she was and just kept his mouth shut.

Yep me and my wife were.

He definitely knows it, he gave her a look of recognition near the end of the scene. Question is how will he use this? One side says he still loves her mom and might protect her, other side says he may use her as a bargaining chip. I go with number 2 on him.

Oh I think I know what Acworth is talk about. The fat bald guy that got his arm torn off was not Varys. That was just a fat bald septon. After re-watching it I thought it was him at first too.

The Hound >>>>>

Would have been so much more awesome if he busted out a "Come with me if you want to live"

Also, I'm to the point now that I would not mind to see show Danaerys brutally murdered Ser Rodrick style.

I hate what they've done with Dany's dialogue this season. I do not remember her having Targaryen Tourettes Syndrome in the book.

BURN CITIES TO THE GROUND!! FIRE AND BLOOD!! TAKE BACK WHAT IS MINE!! Aren't my dragons cute. So cute.

AF89 likes this

What is the name of Robb's bannerman who lectured him on the high road after the battle they won a few episodes back and who appeared again with the "Your grace, my lady, news from Winterfell"?

I could watch a spin-off of Tywin and Arya. Same for a Mad Men one with Roger Sterling and Sally Draper.

Tywin's such a badazz, he can cure dyslexia!

Also these Qarth bro's are killing me with the dragon flies (Rush Limbaugh spice dealer) and beetles (Xaro Xhoan Ducksauce) and such they wear on the right shoulder of their tunics.

"God's help you Theon Greyjoy, you are truly lost now."

sad.png

Hope a direwolf rips his throat or Hodor chokes the life out him. Get a heavier sword if you want to decapitate somebody, dumbazz! F-ckin amateur hour at Winterfell.

What is the name of Robb's bannerman who lectured him on the high road after the battle they won a few episodes back and who appeared again with the "Your grace, my lady, news from Winterfell"? That's Roose Bolton

Hope a direwolf rips his throat or Hodor chokes the life out him. Get a heavier sword if you want to decapitate somebody, dumbazz! F-ckin amateur hour at Winterfell. Reek

Sally and Roger are badly under-utilized.

Billy Ocean likes this

The spider. In the riot. Did I see something that didn't happen?

The spider was not in attendance, strangely enough. Even stranger was Mormont's absence from Dany's side.

Also, I'm to the point now that I would not mind to see show Danaerys brutally murdered Ser Rodrick style.

I hate what they've done with Dany's dialogue this season. I do not remember her having Targaryen Tourettes Syndrome in the book.

BURN CITIES TO THE GROUND!! FIRE AND BLOOD!! TAKE BACK WHAT IS MINE!! Aren't my dragons cute. So cute.

I'm still ok with her, at least in the first season she was the ONLY one that was completely justified regardless of her families past. She suffered alot and did not deserve it.