Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

As for Ygritte/lil man. He did what he had to do obviously it was just kind of wild that he was the one who took her down and gave Jon the head nod. I got in my feelings a little bit when she said she wished they were back in that cave. Just kind of showing us that in her final moments reflecting on her life that's probably when she was happiest.

I thought for sure they we're going to have Sam kill Ygritte, somehow figure out who she was (maybe when Jon finds the body) and then him struggling with having to come clean to Jon be a subplot for the next season.

I guess it was too much to ask that the GOT threads be spared the same 'baggery that plagues the rest of the threads here.

It's going to be sad next season when Jon Snow unknowingly kills Arya after The Hound arrives to join the Night's Watch.

Edit: Should I have put that in spoiler tags?

It's going to be sad next season when Jon Snow unknowingly kills Arya after The Hound arrives to join the Night's Watch.

Edit: Should I have put that in spoiler tags?

:lol:

All kidding aside (and that post IS just a joke), last night was a fantastic episode. Glad they tapped the producer who did Blackwater Bay for this one. The scrolling shot was unbelievable. I also loved the shot where they panned from the top of The Wall to the back gates of Castle Black with flaming arrows and then cut to Ygritte firing shots back. Just a well done episode all in all.

so why did Jon leave his sword with sam?

Didn't want to lose it and he wants to try to talk Mance out of attacking them, only chance he saw to save his brothers. It'll look more genuine if he's unarmed.

Didn't want to lose it and he wants to try to talk Mance out of attacking them, only chance he saw to save his brothers. It'll look more genuine if he's unarmed.

makes sense.

Didn't he say he's going to try to kill him?

Yeah I didn't understand why he didn't take a sword. You don't want the ancestral Valyrian steel sword of House Mormont to fall into wildling hands- fine. But take another ******* sword, as well as Ghost.

**** I almost forgot, the Night's Watch cook with the apron and the giant meat cleaver just sauntering out into the mess hall and ******* dudes up was awesome. I want that guy to get more screen time, and particularly more fight scenes with the cleaver.

Yeah that was allsome. The cooks were the best soldiers there. I wonder if they'll say what the body count was. They were at 102 before the battle.

**** I almost forgot, the Night's Watch cook with the apron and the giant meat cleaver just sauntering out into the mess hall and ******* dudes up was awesome. I want that guy to get more screen time, and particularly more fight scenes with the cleaver.

lol suddenly after guys fighting in the mess hall a big a$$ cleaver appears and chops a guy.

I loved that sh1t

Yeah that was allsome. The cooks were the best soldiers there. I wonder if they'll say what the body count was. They were at 102 before the battle.

Pffft. Anyone who's seen "Under Siege" knew that to be the case :P

DB and Weiss are really hyping this finale up. They're saying it's the best finale they've ever done. I CAN"T WAIT!!!

DB and Weiss are really hyping this finale up. They're saying it's the best finale they've ever done. I CAN"T WAIT!!!

Probably not hard, the second to last episode in every other season has been the best one.
slamee101 likes this

This season finale has the makings to be one of the best episodes of the series. If not, the best. I'm just curious to see how they'll fit everything into 53 minutes.

This season finale has the makings to be one of the best episodes of the series. If not, the best. I'm just curious to see how they'll fit everything into 53 minutes.

It's confirmed it's 66 minutes long, though you have to subtract 4-5 minutes for the re-cap, opening and end credits. So we're at 61 minutes instead of the normal 48-51 per episode.