Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

I'm more sad about the Red Viper dying than any of the Starks or any other cast member of the entire show. It had to happen, but still. It's kind of depressing that GoT eliminates any glimpses of "good" in people, though. Oberyn was a good dude and didn't even get his revenge. Now Tyrion, another good man, is sentenced to death. Sansa and Arya had all of the good ripped out of them. The rest of the Starks are dead.

As much as I love the non-hollywood-fairytale direction R.R takes, I can't help but want a protagonist to cheer for and actually become successful. I feel like the plot is almost tilted too much to the opposite spectrum instead of nestling in the middle. There's so many characters you can have the good guys win sometimes, George.

well oberyn technicaly got his confession and killed the mountain..i assume he did with multiple stabs through his midsection.. it just cost him his life.

gotdam the head exploding is just f*cking awesome.

Yeah that was clearly going way too well. I just knew the good guy couldn't get his revenge in GRRM's world. That guy is evil.

One of those moments where everything's going so wrong for him/them that she just had to burst out laughing at it.

Ok one nitpick - WTF are they doing with Grey Worm? I really hope they're not going to have some ****** reveal where he really didn't get cut and can love Missandei.

An excuse to show her remarkable derriere.

Yeah that'd be pretty lame.

The worst part about the episode was the Jaime and Tyrion scene though. I can tolerate a lot of ****, and even the word "********" but I just say there looking at my TV going "oh my god stop."

What a completely distasteful and pointless waste of 5 minutes.

There are a bunch of cousin Orson's in TATF.

Man that was way the most brutal episode of TV I have ever watched. Ramsy skinned a dude and Oberyns skull got crushed. I don't know if I will ever watch that last scene again.

I watched the encore last night. It was just as brutal the second time, as was the flayed man. I'm surprised they showed a flayed man, honestly.

That one hurt.

I think I liked the Red Viper more in the show than I did in the book.

Hearing his woman scream and Cersai's sh8t eating grin makes me hate her so much more, like I did in the books..

FalconState likes this

This was great episode but OMG i'm still trying to get over the ending. The Wildings attacking Moles Town was cool. Sansa was great this episode. She has finally learned how to play the game. Arya laughing when she learned Lysa was dead was funny. I can't believe Dany just kicked Jorah out without even hearing his side. I get why she's mad but has she not been listening to anything Jorah has taught her about seeing people as black and white? This fight was the best fight the show has ever done but i'm heartbroken. Oberyn became one of my favorite characters this Season. The image of The Mountain crushing Oberyn's head will not leave my head. Ellaria's reaction was heartbreaking and made it that much worse. F.U. GRRM!!!! lol

This was great episode but OMG i'm still trying to get over the ending. The Wildings attacking Moles Town was cool. Sansa was great this episode. She has finally learned how to play the game. Arya laughing when she learned Lysa was dead was funny. I can't believe Dany just kicked Jorah out without even hearing his side. I get why she's mad but has she not been listening to anything Jorah has taught her about seeing people as black and white? This fight was the best fight the show has ever done but i'm heartbroken. Oberyn became one of my favorite characters this Season. The image of The Mountain crushing Oberyn's head will not leave my head. Ellaria's reaction was heartbreaking and made it that much worse. F.U. GRRM!!!! lol

Yeah, wasn't it just a couple of episodes ago that he reminded her that he used to sell people into slavery and she said something to the effect of and now you are with me liberating them. How quickly she forgot about redemption.
FalconState likes this

Probably trying to conceal her identify. The 3 lords of the Vale are the only ones that know she's there, they don't need to broadcast to the rest of Westeros as Tywin and Cersei would send an army to the Vale to claim her for trial.

We are all beetles under GRRM's rock.

mdrake34 and Jimsmusic™ like this

As a book reader, The Littlefinger/Sansa bit is intriguing. You're in for a treat.

Next weeks episode will be good for Tyrion smile.png