Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

That's Ellaria Sand. She's not a Sand Snake, she's Oberyn's paramour that we've seen a couple of times this season, and the mother to the 4 youngest Sand Snakes.

memorial day weekend

Hardly.

They interrupted GoT in order to premier their docudrama about gays and AIDS in the 80's. Because the gay agenda is very important, and anyone who doesnt't think so is a racist bigot.

FalconState likes this

Hardly.

They interrupted GoT in order to premier their docudrama about gays and AIDS in the 80's. Because the gay agenda is very important, and anyone who doesnt't think so is a racist bigot.

Yeah, but you are a bigot, so there is that.

Molson likes this

I still don't know what the gay agenda is. Am I supposed to want to **** Mark Ruffalo? If that's the case, the agenda has become redundant since In the Cut.

Hardly.

I'd be inclined to agree with you if you weren't a bigoted piece of ****, but since you are there is this little factoid:

Episode 9 of Season 2 titled Blackwater was the lowest-rated episode of the season, despite the fact that it was the most pivotal episode of the series up to that point. It fell on Memorial Day Weekend.

The Season 1 episode, You Win Or You Die (episode 7) was offered to HBOGO subscribers immediately concluding A Golden Crown (Episode 6) due to the anticipated low ratings during Memorial Day Weekend (Which also ended up being their lowest-rated episode).

HBO has figured out that people do things on Memorial Day Weekend, and instead of airing their lowest-rated episode year after year, they have decided for the past 2 years to take that weekend off and build the anticipation for the final 3 episodes.

I'm willing to bet that this Sunday's episode gets the highest rating an HBO show has ever had. HBO wins. Bigoted shitheads lose.

mdrake34 and Jimsmusic™ like this

I still don't know what the gay agenda is. Am I supposed to want to **** Mark Ruffalo? If that's the case, the agenda has become redundant since In the Cut.

His turn as Bruce Banner makes my skin tingle. There's something about a man who reluctantly tears his shirt off and turns green that really gets my jets burning.

I'd be inclined to agree with you if you weren't a bigoted piece of ****, but since you are there is this little factoid:

Episode 9 of Season 2 titled Blackwater was the lowest-rated episode of the season, despite the fact that it was the most pivotal episode of the series up to that point. It fell on Memorial Day Weekend.

The Season 1 episode, You Win Or You Die (episode 7) was offered to HBOGO subscribers immediately concluding A Golden Crown (Episode 6) due to the anticipated low ratings during Memorial Day Weekend (Which also ended up being their lowest-rated episode).

HBO has figured out that people do things on Memorial Day Weekend, and instead of airing their lowest-rated episode year after year, they have decided for the past 2 years to take that weekend off and build the anticipation for the final 3 episodes.

I'm willing to bet that this Sunday's episode gets the highest rating an HBO show has ever had. HBO wins. Bigoted shitheads lose.

They did the same thing last year and debuted Behind the Candelabra, also about teh gayz. I thought it was a pretty good movie. I watched parts of The Normal Heart, but every time I flipped to it, Ruffalo was yelling at people and making a big scene about nobody taking AIDS seriously which in turn made his gay friends uncomfortable. I need to watch it all the way through though,MIT got good reviews. It's kinda weird, but I think the whole AIDS crisis in the 80's (finally acknowledging it existed, which is what this film dealt with) is a pretty fascinating, though certainly sad and morbid, period in history. On a similar note, Philadelphia is a great movie.

Hardly.

Yeah, they are shoving that agenda right up our straight butts on a channel that you have to pay to get.

They did the same thing last year and debuted Behind the Candelabra, also about teh gayz. I thought it was a pretty good movie. I watched parts of The Normal Heart, but every time I flipped to it, Ruffalo was yelling at people and making a big scene about nobody taking AIDS seriously which in turn made his gay friends uncomfortable. I need to watch it all the way through though,MIT got good reviews. It's kinda weird, but I think the whole AIDS crisis in the 80's (finally acknowledging it existed, which is what this film dealt with) is a pretty fascinating, though certainly sad and morbid, period in history. On a similar note, Philadelphia is a great movie.

It should probably be apparent to most who are familiar with my posts, but I'm using "teh gayz" to poke fun at falcon chef and his lot in that post, I don't call gay people that.

*Judge from "My Cousin Vinny" voice*

Uh, in the what?

mdrake34 likes this