Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

For show people, here is how it is written in the book...

"My sweet silly jealous wife," he said, chuckling. "I've only loved one woman, I promise you."

Lysa Arryn smiled tremulously. "Only one? Oh, Petyr, do you swear it? Only one?"

"Only Cat." He gave her a short, sharp shove.

mdrake34 likes this

Book readers do find the weirdest things to latch on to. "Your sister" is no more or less meaningful, it's the exact same line.

I guarantee you a ton of show watchers would have said "Who?" If he would have stuck to the book line. Nobody went around calling her Cat all the time.

Dem Birds likes this

Book readers do find the weirdest things to latch on to. "Your sister" is no more or less meaningful, it's the exact same line.

I guarantee you a ton of show watchers would have said "Who?" If he would have stuck to the book line. Nobody went around calling her Cat all the time.

Yeah, that's why I figured they changed it. Catelyn would've been fine I think too.

The scene with The Mountain was cartoonish. Very, very poor way to set up the dual next episode. The whole thing was just a "meh" for me.

Yeah that was bad. And it's clear the actor has zero acting experience. It's a shame the actor that played the Mountain in season 1 can't reprise the role, he was perfect.

The scene with The Mountain was cartoonish. Very, very poor way to set up the dual next episode. The whole thing was just a "meh" for me.

I felt the same way. Seemed like it was over done.

One of the best episodes this Season. I loved the Tyrion and Oberyn scene. It was brilliant. I can't think of a better Oberyn they could have chosen than Pedro Pascal. He has become one of my favorite characters. I don't blame Bronn at all for not excepting to be Tyrion's champion. Bronn knows he couldn't beat the Mountain. The Ayra and the Hound scenes were great. The Hound asking that guy his name and then Ayra stabbing him was awesome. I still HATE Daario. The Mountain scene was a little weird but this Mountain is better then the one in Season 2. I LOVED Sansa building the snow castle of Winterfell and then ***** slapping Robin. Littlefinger kissing Sansa was very weird. Finally, Littlefinger pushing that crazy ***** out the Moon Door was CRAZY!!!! I LOVED IT!!!

dmite likes this

I can't think of a better Oberyn they could have chosen than Pedro Pascal.

I really like this actor as well but if I close my eyes when he speaks...I see this guy...

frsarducci.gif

Old farts like myself will understand why.

JDaveG likes this

yo, dis bisexual honey came up 2 me @ tha kloughhb last nite ....

she sed she would b mah champion

sos I took her back 2 tha VIP bathroom

4 sum trial by 69

wuz she fly?

that'z 4 tha God'z 2 decide

JDaveG, Goal Line D and mdrake34 like this

4 sum trial by 69

wuz she fly?

One day we'll look back on this prose like we look at Chaucer or Dickinson.

Goal Line D, Garrow69 and AF89 like this

4 sum trial by 69

wuz she fly?

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

One day we'll look back on this prose like we look at Chaucer or Dickinson.

Garrow is the poet laureate of this message board.

Garrow69 likes this

I know Mdrake has posed this question before but I couldn't find it to quote so I went to the source.

"Well, I think Damon Lindelof is in the room, so I have to be careful what I say. Yes, I am concerned about the ending. I'm juggling a lot of balls. I'm going to juggle as fast as I can and bring everything together in the magnificent way I see it in my head. In terms of making people happy, hopefully it will make some people happy."

"I've always been a fan of the bittersweet ending." Translation: Prepare for more heartache.

- George RR Martin

What would be your idea bittersweet ending?

Personally I think that all of the Starks will die except for Jon and Bran....but...Bran will be a Dragon at that point. His human body will be long gone. Jon will rule with Dany and his brother the dragon.

'Game of Thrones' looks to Spain for season 5

TV’s most globe-trotting series is preparing to add another country to its passport. Sources say HBO’s Game of Thrones is looking to film part of season 5 in Spain. The HBO fantasy hit is currently scouting locations in the Andalucia region of the country and is deep in talks with a local film commission.

If all goes according to plan, Spain will mark the seventh country (the seventh kingdom, if you will) where Thrones has shot on location. The main Thrones production base and studio is at Titanic Studios in Belfast, Northern Ireland (a former shipyard where the fated luxury liner was constructed a century ago). In addition, production units have been dispatched in recent seasons to Croatia (mostly King’s Landing scenes) and Iceland (mostly scenes set North of the The Wall). Footage has also been shot in Morocco and Malta (largely the Slaver’s Bay cities in Essos) and, briefly, the United States (the bear pit scene).

While fans of George R.R. Martin’s novels will certainly have their theories, we cannot reveal which part of the increasingly expansive world of Game of Thrones that Spain will help depict.

Last Sunday, Thrones tied its series high in viewership this season, reaching 7.2 million viewers for its first airing and 8.5 million viewers for the night. Thrones is renewed for two more seasons, with production on season 5 starting this summer.

Gotta be dorne, right?

Book 4 and 5 location spoiler, but not sure if spoiler tags needed.

Definitely Sunspear, at least. It could possibly be used for Volantis as well.

Joremarid likes this