Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

You people and all your books spoilers can go to ****. You can go to **** and die.

There's a thread for that.

^^^Accidentally read the spoilers. ;)

I thought about posting it in the other thread, but in this case it's spoilers about the next few episodes of the show. Plus, I just wanted to p*** you off.

JDaveG likes this

I can't think of many surprises in the books that the internet didn't ruin for me. It all began with Jorts spoiling the Red Wedding. Jorts is terrible, awful internet.

JDaveG likes this

Next episode, Book 3 spoilers:

So, looks like we get Only Cat next week. Then there's a one week break for Memorial Day. It will be a cliff hanger that will keep people talking.

That sucks, been looking forward to the trial by combat all season.

I must say....I pulled JDave too...evidently right before he did.

You guys go along time without saying anything important inside those spoiler tags that it lulls us into a false sense that it is ok to read them......then BOOM!

I didn't click the spoilers, I just wanted to yank your collective chains for clogging up this thread with crap that is more proper in the other thread.

So pffftttt!

That sucks, been looking forward to the trial by combat all season.

Of course, there is always the occasional jackleg who feels compelled to comment on the spoilers....... dry.png

tongue.png

You guys go along time without saying anything important inside those spoiler tags that it lulls us into a false sense that it is ok to read them......then BOOM!

Whose spoiler did you click on? I put the book number and if applicable episode number before my spoilers. If you haven't read, say book 3 and I put that in front of a spoiler, I highly advise against clicking it.

Of course, there is always the occasional jackleg who feels compelled to comment on the spoilers....... dry.png

tongue.png

He didn't spoil anything, part of my spoiler was that there is a one week break after next week for memorial day, so the trial by combat will be pushed back a week.

JDaveG likes this

Sorry about that. I put all the blame on mdrake...I wasn't going to give specifics until his post. We'll try to be more careful, won't we mdrake?

16da4f863da25c013fbf449b6c67f177d026b0c254ae29f7e7f999c332a729db.jpg

I didn't click the spoilers, I just wanted to yank your collective chains for clogging up this thread with crap that is more proper in the other thread.

So pffftttt!

I will agree that we do this too much. We've tried a couple times to move the discussion over to the other thread but we just inevitably end up right back here throwing up spoiler tags.

JDaveG likes this

I will agree that we do this too much. We've tried a couple times to move the discussion over to the other thread but we just inevitably end up right back here throwing up spoiler tags.

All five books...

Like this? ;)
Shotty Nice likes this

I'm still confused as to what actually happened. If someone puts something in a spoiler tag and another person quotes their post, is the quoted spoiler showing up for people? Because mine still shows it being hidden.

I'm still confused as to what actually happened. If someone puts something in a spoiler tag and another person quotes their post, is the quoted spoiler showing up for people? Because mine still shows it being hidden.

It does for me, I quoted one of your posts dozens of pages back while I was still reading the books and I read something major. And it was my fault for being a dumb ***, you used a spoiler tag.

Sorry about that. I put all the blame on mdrake...I wasn't going to give specifics until his post. We'll try to be more careful, won't we mdrake?

16da4f863da25c013fbf449b6c67f177d026b0c254ae29f7e7f999c332a729db.jpg

No man. It was totally my fault. You guys were doing just what you were suppose to do and I didn't have the will power not to look.laugh.png

its hidden for me as well

Nothing happened as far as I'm concerned -- my comment was directed at the fact that every time I come to check on the thread I have a page 2/3 full of nothing but spoiler quotes. I didn't click on anything, and when you quote it, it doesn't show the spoiler unless you click on it. I was messing with Joremarid because it looked to me like he was actually giving away the spoiler in his comment (but Drake corrected that misunderstanding on my part).

Apparently Flip actually clicked on a spoiler. So that's on him. Sorry, Flip. You knew better, boss.

Joremarid likes this

tongue.png

The last episode confirmed the trial by combat so it's not really spoilers.

JDaveG and Jimsmusic™ like this

Nothing happened as far as I'm concerned -- my comment was directed at the fact that every time I come to check on the thread I have a page 2/3 full of nothing but spoiler quotes. I didn't click on anything, and when you quote it, it doesn't show the spoiler unless you click on it. I was messing with Joremarid because it looked to me like he was actually giving away the spoiler in his comment (but Drake corrected that misunderstanding on my part).

Apparently Flip actually clicked on a spoiler. So that's on him. Sorry, Flip. You knew better, boss.

TGP (a musician's message board where Jdave and I also post) doesn't have spoiler tags, and we have a show only thread that I started and a books/spoiler thread. There can't be any spoilers in the show thread there, even though a couple of people still post spoilers anyways, another few ask for them, and one or two go absolutely ape **** over anything resembling a spoiler. But then the book thread is used for not only the books, but the book spoilers as they relate to the show.

I suppose we could come to a gentleman's agreement to keep this limited to what's happened on the show only, and keep book topics and how the books relate to the show to the other thread. We kinda hit a wall with the books only thread. There are roughly 3000 unreleased pages (the final two books) to wrap up innumerable sub-plots and plots and you can only speculate and discuss crackpot theories so much.

My only fear of a true show-only thread will be that after each episode 5-10 people will simply comment "whoah, awesome episode!" "Tyrion is so funny!" "Dany is hot!" and that be the extent of the discussion until the next episode rolls around. With the book spoilers as they relate to the show, the book folks are discussing how the show is going to handle the book events.

TL;DR, cool *** story, bro.

I just wanted to be one of the cool kids and know what was going on before it happened. I just got more than I was bargaining for.

JDaveG likes this

I just wanted to be one of the cool kids and know what was going on before it happened. I just got more than I was bargaining for.

Yeah, the end of book 3, which is what the last few episodes will cover, is an absolute **** show, one gut punch after another.

04c4bae653b358bb50c6e7694fbc44f42e9f05109718bf31cbf2912ebdbbf63e.jpg