Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

The only thing I wish they would have added, and it wouldn't have taken but a few seconds, was to show how drunk Joffrey was at that point. In the book he's 3 sheets to the wind at that point in the reception and even beyond how he normally acts it increases his belligerence.

You also miss the sheer scale of the reception, the dozens of courses, etc . . . but all of that would have cost a fortune to film.

I dunno, if they're playing up a spell over him scenario then it's inconsistent that Davos convinced him not to take her to Blackwater.

At that point she hadn't been with Stannis for very long though. Maybe the longer she's with him, the more corrupted he becomes. He listens to Davos less and less and allows Melisandre to make the decisions.

I still think at some point this season, Melisandre is going to suggest something that Stannis is going to immediately put his foot down against, and they seem to have set that up a little bit with Selyse wanting to beat Shireen. I'm thinking Mel is going to suggest burning Shireen since she has king's blood, and Stannis is going be all like "Hold up b*tch."

The only thing I wish they would have added, and it wouldn't have taken but a few seconds, was to show how drunk Joffrey was at that point. In the book he's 3 sheets to the wind at that point in the reception and even beyond how he normally acts it increases his belligerence.

You also miss the sheer scale of the reception, the dozens of courses, etc . . . but all of that would have cost a fortune to film.

Yeah, I also wish we could have got the quick scene of Sansa running with Dontos that we see in the preview for next week. It would have made perfect size to put it in right before going back to Cersei yelling for the guard to take Tyrion.

Interestingly enough, the actor that plays Joffrey says he's done acting after GoT.

That's too bad because he plays the little shish role to a tee, LOL!!

Interestingly enough, the actor that plays Joffrey says he's done acting after GoT.

Odd to say that, because he can play a little sh*t pretty nicely

Book 3 spoilers:

are they ever going to kill Balon Greyjoy?
No idea what they are doing with the Greyjoys this season. Can't pull in from book 4 without introducing a bunch of new people

No idea what they are doing with the Greyjoys this season. Can't pull in from book 4 without introducing a bunch of new people
I don't think we get those parts of books 4 and 5 until next season. We're definitely getting some Arya/Hound book 4-5 stuff, Jamie/Brienne, and Reek/Ramsay. But no Victarion/Euron yet.

Book 3 spoilers:

are they ever going to kill Balon Greyjoy?
Wasn't he the first to die?

I'm surprised they're saving him for last, I don't think anyone gives a **** about him. My brother still doesn't understand why they keep calling him a King. They did a pretty **** job with the Iron Islands stuff from Season 2, what with completely ignoring the introduction of Aeron and Victarion.

Wasn't he the first to die?

I'm surprised they're saving him for last, I don't think anyone gives a **** about him. My brother still doesn't understand why they keep calling him a King. They did a pretty **** job with the Iron Islands stuff from Season 2, what with completely ignoring the introduction of Aeron and Victarion.

i can't remember when he dies but it was pretty unremarkable and mentioned by a second hand witness. And he was definitely dead before the purple wedding.

I just now found out that NewTommen Baratheon is the same actor that played Martyn Lannister last season, one of the boys Karstark kills.

What an odd ******* choice. I wonder why they felt the need to recast that role.

I really wish the show would separate the episodes by storyline/region like Feast & Dance did.

Dreadfort, The Wall/Wildlings, and Bran | King's Landing, Daenerys, and Arya & The Hound

Stannis splitting time between both groups.

You couldn't necessarily stick slavishly to that formula, but I think the aesthetics and tones fit together the best. As much as I loved last night's episode, the Dragonstone, Bran, and Dreadfort stuff felt like watching a separate show. It would have been better if we were leaving King's Landing for Daenerys and Arya & The Hound I think.

All the stuff in the North should probably be grouped together in the same episodes, it might make for a better overall flow instead of going for the dueling aesthetic they seem to be going for this season.

I don't think we get those parts of books 4 and 5 until next season. We're definitely getting some Arya/Hound book 4-5 stuff, Jamie/Brienne, and Reek/Ramsay. But no Victarion/Euron yet.

Book 3

No, at the end of Book 3, Arya is getting on the boat. The hound is presumed dead.

I really wonder if that scene is not snow, but actually ash...

Edit-The shared vision of Daenerys and Bran

with the vision of a dragon shadow over kings landing? i believe.. this just may be true.

I really wonder if that scene is not snow, but actually ash...

Edit-The shared vision of Daenerys and Bran

If it was truly a shared vision, i.e. what Dany saw in season 2, I thought I recalled it clearly being snow in her vision. However, what Bran saw could have been snow or ash. It's ambiguous, and likely purposefully so, as it fits in with the song of fire and ice. KL's will likely be covered in one or the other before the end.

The reason why I think it was a shared vision because the King's Landing throne room was ravaged/the roof damaged in both visions it seems, with the snow/ash falling within. I remember the Daenarys vision thinking that could be ash and not snow...

The reason why I think it was a shared vision because the King's Landing throne room was ravaged/the roof damaged in both visions it seems, with the snow/ash falling within. I remember the Daenarys vision thinking that could be ash and not snow...

I think it was, it would make sense budget wise.

Seems like the consensus as my office is that it was the fool (Dontos) that killed him with the next popular answers being Sansa and Margaery. smile.png

No one thinks it's Tyrion.