Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

Last night was my first time watching this show........................and I'm glad that kid King is dead! He was being a real d!ck to the midget!!! Got on my nerves!

blkbigdog35 likes this

And since Margaery and Joff didn't consummate the marriage, it can be voided in the eyes of many. So, Margaery again is left widowed from her dream of being the queen.

Last night was my first time watching this show........................and I'm glad that kid King is dead! He was being a real d!ck to the midget!!! Got on my nerves!

Need to watch the first 31 episodes. He's been hated for a long time lol. happy.png

blkbigdog35 likes this

That's pretty much the nicest he's been for the whole series.

JDaveG likes this

And since Margaery and Joff didn't consummate the marriage, it can be voided in the eyes of many. So, Margaery again is left widowed from her dream of being the queen.

There's no need to void anything, a widow is a widow. All that it affected is the line of succession, Joff died without leaving a male heir.

Need to watch the first 31 episodes. He's been hated for a long time lol. happy.png

I need to do this because this show has really peaked my interest. I need to know the story behind the pretty blonde chick with the army AND how does the drunk and the redhead figure in all of this! I take it the midget is a retired pimp???

There's no need to void anything, a widow is a widow. All that it affected is the line of succession, Joff died without leaving a male heir.

I was thinking a queen could rule as well, but it slipped my mind the whole Cersei situation (immediately went to her kid, she was just the Queen Regent).

Spoilers for all 5 books as it relates to the events of last night's episode:

we're still not 100% sure who poisoned Joff through ADWD, correct? I know Littlefinger admits to it but I don't trust anything he says. And the Tyrells also probably played a part.

Also, they cut the scene from the book where Tyrion overhears Joff bragging about ordering Bran's assassination attempt. I guess they're just going to leave that one unexplained in the show. But I never understood that part in the book either.

When Sansa removes her hair net that Ser Dontos gave her, she notices that one of the amethysts are missing, and then remembers that Lady Olenna came up to her during the wedding and adjusted it while telling her how beautiful she looked. She then puts it together and Littlefinger confirms it.

On the show Ser Dontos has given her a family heirloom in the form of a necklace. If you watched closely last night when Olenna approaches Sansa, you saw this:

QoT_stone.png

I need to do this because this show has really peaked my interest. I need to know the story behind the pretty blonde chick with the army AND how does the drunk and the redhead figure in all of this! I take it the midget is a retired pimp???

You definitely need to just binge watch the entire series. We could go on for pages and pages here explaining things to you based on last night's episode being your first. It's a very complicated story with a ton of characters spread over vast locations with all kinds of subplots and intrigue. It's well worth the watch though, and the books are incredible.

When Sansa removes her hair net that Ser Dontos gave her, she notices that one of the amethysts are missing, and then remembers that Lady Olenna came up to her during the wedding and adjusted it while telling her how beautiful she looked. She then puts it together and Littlefinger confirms it.

On the show Ser Dontos has given her a family heirloom in the form of a necklace. If you watched closely last night when Olenna approaches Sansa, you saw this:

[image]http://skywarpgold.c...g/QoT_stone.png[/image]

Ahh that's right.

I won't spoil any of it for you, but it's a fun ride. There's a few story lines that weren't even touched on last night that will be back next week.

I wouldn't watch much more without going back and watching the first few seasons.

I fully understand it is a TV series, acting....make believe....but , I hated that little prik the first time I saw him. He even looks like a little prik. Right before he started spitting blood and turning green I told the wife someone should run that new sword he got right through his belly and then it happened ! Made my night !! Ha

RE: Shae

I hope they don't stray from the book in regards to what happens to her. I don't remember her supposedly being put on a ship in the book. That's such a great reveal in the book.

I'm not all Team-Stannis like BO, but Stannis' scene last night was ****. Infidel? Come on. No to mention he explains to that he just roasted his brother in law for believing in the wrong gods . . . well, so does Davos. That's lazy writing.

I guess

I guess they're trying to make him look ****** now to really sell his redemptive arc when he shows up at the Wall. I dunno.

I'm not all Team-Stannis like BO, but Stannis' scene last night was ****. Infidel? Come on. No to mention he explains to that he just roasted his brother in law for believing in the wrong gods . . . well, so does Davos. That's lazy writing.

I guess

I guess they're trying to make him look ****** now to really sell his redemptive arc when he shows up at the Wall. I dunno.

They had to give him something to do until he shows up again I guess.

Edit (book 5):

Edit: Ah, this wasn't in ASOS, wasn't mentioned until Davos did in ADWD... oops. And it wasn't his brother in law. Guess they wanted to leave out that family. I think it's time to read the next 2 books.

As much as I wanted that little miserable piece of sh!t dead I'm gonna miss his weekly douchbaggery.

And seeing him put into his place by his grandfather. That was great at the end of last season when he sent Joff to bed.

Goal Line D and Jimsmusic™ like this

I guess

I was so confused with those Dragonstone scenes. I really couldn't give less of a **** about Stannis in the books or the show, but I've got no idea what they're planning with his character. Unless they're really playing up the idea that

Melisandre really does have him under some kind of spell and is corrupting him, and his redemption arc will be him finally breaking from it once he separates from her.

Otherwise I don't get the need to change why Florent is being burned.

And seeing him put into his place by his grandfather. That was great at the end of last season when he sent Joff to bed.

Word!

IMO he got off too easy with the poison. Was hoping for something far more brutal when his time came.

Word!

IMO he got off too easy with the poison. Was hoping for something far more brutal when his time came.

But it's only fitting he got the same death as the previous king. ;)

I was so confused with those Dragonstone scenes. I really couldn't give less of a **** about Stannis in the books or the show, but I've got no idea what they're planning with his character. Unless they're really playing up the idea that

Melisandre really does have him under some kind of spell and is corrupting him, and his redemption arc will be him finally breaking from it once he separates from her.

Otherwise I don't get the need to change why Florent is being burned.

I dunno, if they're playing up a spell over him scenario then it's inconsistent that Davos convinced him not to take her to Blackwater.

I've been waiting for that little **** Joffrey to die ever since I first saw him and now I'm kind of sad that we're not gonna see anymore of Jack Gleeson's amazing acting. This was just AWESOME!!! The Rains of Castamere playing in the background of the wedding was great. The wedding itself was done beautifully - scenes of individual characters were very well-done and I greatly enjoyed the tension between Joffrey and Tyrion, as well as Sansa's unbelievably sad moment when that slow music started playing and all the people were laughing at the Young Wolf. The death itself was shocking and tense. This episode was amazing. This season has got off to a great start. Even though I pictured the whole wedding differently in my mind while reading it, I think this episode did it justice and we can expect quality for the rest of the season.