Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

Tommen has grown a lot between seasons lol.

I noticed he had a little more camera time tonight. Their setting him up for the non book reader to recognize as he's now King.

Skull f***ing the wolf's head was a masterstroke. I wondered why GRRM wrote this particular episode. Now I know why.

That entire sequence was masterful.

Bran's visions gave me chills.

Sure sounded like Joff. smile.png Though, I guess that was the point.

The voices do sound similar. Sigur Ròs is also the band playing at the wedding.

lTTN4c4.gif

Man I'm curious to if it was the wine or the pie or combination of both that contained poison? Well Karma was a bish for the little king!

I liked when Prince Oberyn reminded Cersei that her daughter is in Dorne where there are a lot of Sands and they don't look down on them. You could see her cringe at the thought.

This was a great touch. That whole conversation was just Oberyn openly threatening Cersei and Tywin to their face and it was awesome. I loved him continuing to remind her that she was now Lady and not Queen, and that bassturds are well looked after in Dorne, including her daughter.

Everything with Roose, Ramsay, and Reek was fantastic. Reek could have opened Ramsay's throat and Roose probably wouldn't have given a single **** but he's too terrified to do it. Also, the Bolton map of Westeros being seemingly made of skin was a rather gruesome touch.

Stannis was blehh as Stannis tends to be

The short Bran scene was pretty good. Glad to see them getting into some of the vision stuff with him. Grabbed my feels a little to see Eddard again.

Flip Wilson likes this

This was a great touch. That whole conversation was just Oberyn openly threatening Cersei and Tywin to their face and it was awesome. I loved him continuing to remind her that she was now Lady and not Queen, and that bassturds are well looked after in Dorne, including her daughter.

Everything with Roose, Ramsay, and Reek was fantastic. Reek could have opened Ramsay's throat and Roose probably wouldn't have given a single **** but he's too terrified to do it. Also, the Bolton map of Westeros being seemingly made of skin was a rather gruesome touch.

Stannis was blehh as Stannis tends to be

The short Bran scene was pretty good. Glad to see them getting into some of the vision stuff with him. Grabbed my feels a little to see Eddard again.

Did Bran see Dany's vision of the snow covered iron throne from the house of the undying?

Spoilers for all 5 books as it relates to the events of last night's episode:

we're still not 100% sure who poisoned Joff through ADWD, correct? I know Littlefinger admits to it but I don't trust anything he says. And the Tyrells also probably played a part.

Also, they cut the scene from the book where Tyrion overhears Joff bragging about ordering Bran's assassination attempt. I guess they're just going to leave that one unexplained in the show. But I never understood that part in the book either.

Spoilers for all 5 books as it relates to the events of last night's episode:

we're still not 100% sure who poisoned Joff through ADWD, correct? I know Littlefinger admits to it but I don't trust anything he says. And the Tyrells also probably played a part.

Also, they cut the scene from the book where Tyrion overhears Joff bragging about ordering Bran's assassination attempt. I guess they're just going to leave that one unexplained in the show. But I never understood that part in the book either.

Didn't Tyrion already figure out that Joffrey was the one who ordered Bran's assassination during his conversation with Cersei last season?

Edit: Nevermind, that conversation was about the attempted assassination on Tyrion during the Battle of Blackwater. My bad.

So....our conversation at work has been about 1. Who killed Joffery?...and 2. Who's the King?

Only one person has read the books and he's not talking.

1. One of my friends thinks Cersie killed him which doesn't hold water to me at all. Tyrion is too good to kill him. I just think it was Joffery's fool. He had enough. He knew that Joffery was a horrible human. It needed to be done and he had nothing to lose. It seemed obvious to me how he got Sansa out of dodge just as it was happening.

2. Obviously there are a few people out there that are heirs to the Throne; Danerius, Roberts eldest son, Stanis (who's storyline I hate), and for all anyone knows there's Cersie's other kids though I'm sure they are Jamie's. Whoever it is I'm sure that Tywin is going to hold onto it as long as he can.

So....our conversation at work has been about 1. Who killed Joffery?...and 2. Who's the King?

Only one person has read the books and he's not talking.

1. One of my friends thinks Cersie killed him which doesn't hold water to me at all. Tyrion is too good to kill him. I just think it was Joffery's fool. He had enough. He knew that Joffery was a horrible human. It needed to be done and he had nothing to lose. It seemed obvious to me how he got Sansa out of dodge just as it was happening.

2. Obviously there are a few people out there that are heirs to the Throne; Danerius, Roberts eldest son, Stanis (who's storyline I hate), and for all anyone knows there's Cersie's other kids though I'm sure they are Jamie's. Whoever it is I'm sure that Tywin is going to hold onto it as long as he can.

The rest of the season will deal with the aftermath of Joffrey's death. I won't spoil your first question, and I don't know if the show will follow the books 100% or not. As far as who is the next king, he was at the wedding last night. This won't spoil anything that we haven't learned from the show already, but think about how Joffrey became king in the first place. Cersei and Tywin made sure the lannisters/baratheons stayed in power. Joffrey has a younger brother, Tommen.