Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

So I take it that Bronn will be sparring with Jaime instead of Ilyn Payne?

Yeah Wilko Johnson, the actor who plays Illyn Payne is battling cancer.

Ehh, I'm sure it will be entertaining, but Jamie can't confide in Bronn like he could in Ser Illyn. It was a great piece of character development for Jamie in the books.

Ehh, I'm sure it will be entertaining, but Jamie can't confide in Bronn like he could in Ser Illyn. It was a great piece of character development for Jamie in the books.

Yeah, his training with Ilyn was a huge part of his character arc. He and Arya are the two who change the most from Book 1 to Book 5.

Not to be picky, but isn't telling people that a character does NOT die itself a spoiler? Part of the thrill of the show for non-book readers is the danger that characters face, I think. Just saying.

Not to be picky, but isn't telling people that a character does NOT die itself a spoiler? Part of the thrill of the show for non-book readers is the danger that characters face, I think. Just saying.

You're right. I fixed it.

Spoiler - all 5 books.

So I just came across the theory that Mance Rayder is Rhaegar Targaryen in disguise. The idea being that he sent a glamour to the trident and he went north to the wall. Not sure how I feel about that theory.

Oh f***...it looks like I was completely wrong about this! Just read the updated episode 2 synopsis (first spoiler). Don't read either of these if you haven't read A Storm of Swords.

A who's who of honored guests turns out for Joffrey and Margaery's wedding in King's Landing, but the king's taste in entertainment rubs many of them the wrong way. Meanwhile, Bronn gives a lesson to an unlikely pupil; Bran's vision helps map out his journey; Stannis loses patience with Davos; and Ramsay takes a perverse delight in his new pet.
People are going to lose their collective minds on the interwebs on Monday!

I always put down my iPad during GOT, but I want to check twitter to see reactions for tonight's episode. Should be the second most entertaining social media response to the show to date. This episode will hands down be non-book readers' favorite episode to date.

Spoiler - all 5 books.

So I just came across the theory that Mance Rayder is Rhaegar Targaryen in disguise. The idea being that he sent a glamour to the trident and he went north to the wall. Not sure how I feel about that theory.
On the one hand, I would love it because Rhaegar is the most interesting character in the series, despite never actually appearing. One of the great tragedies in ASOFAI is that Rhaegar died before the books began. But I don't know how his return would change the story, and I'm more interested to see Jon's transformation into Azor Ahai.

Spoiler - all 5 books.

Lol that would almost be too crazy.

On the one hand, I would love it because Rhaegar is the most interesting character in the series, despite never actually appearing. One of the great tragedies in ASOFAI is that Rhaegar died before the books began. But I don't know how his return would change the story, and I'm more interested to see Jon's transformation into Azor Ahai.

All 5 books spoiler:

Here's what I don't understand...how would anyone know that Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar? I suppose that R'hollo (or whatever) would know and perhaps communicate that to his followers, but how else would anyone know enough about his background to make that connection?

The only person still alive who would know the truth of Jon's parentage is Howland Reed, who we have yet to meet.

He and Eddard were the only two that survived the fight at The Tower of Joy.

All 5 books spoiler:

Here's what I don't understand...how would anyone know that Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar? I suppose that R'hollo (or whatever) would know and perhaps communicate that to his followers, but how else would anyone know enough about his background to make that connection?
I don't know how they're going to do that reveal because everyone that could know about that is dead at this point in the books. Maybe Mel will see it in a vision, or maybe Bran will see it through a Weirwood memory. Those are the best guesses that I have.

I don't know how they're going to do that reveal because everyone that could know about that is dead at this point in the books. Maybe Mel will see it in a vision, or maybe Bran will see it through a Weirwood memory. Those are the best guesses that I have.

Howland Reed

I didn't know that Bubba Watson married the Maid of Tarth.

First thing I thought when I saw her.

Tonight's episode spoilers, kinda

the Internet bout to go crazy

Indeed.

Tonight's episode

I really hope people have their video recorders set up tonight. I don't have any unsullied friends that are remotely expecting Joff to die.

Tonight's episode

I really hope people have their video recorders set up tonight. I don't have any unsullied friends that are remotely expecting Joff to die.
I would hope that the more astute unsullied would realize weddings are bad news in Westeros, but I think people will still be floored. Jack Gleason has been so wonderful in the role, I hope he really sells out the death.