Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

Well I did say I was nearing the end. It's like 3/4ths of the way through, and that's when I was burning through each book in about 2 weeks.

Well I did say I was nearing the end. It's like 3/4ths of the way through, and that's when I was burning through each book in about 2 weeks.

Ya that's right it was closer to the end. Had to go look, i was thinking it was in the middle.

Oh, the Hound... I think I have underestimated his humorous potential just until this episode. WTF's a lommy?

While I was still contemplating wether to actually read the books now or wait until all of the show has aired (which will be in 2017/18?) so that I can enjoy them fresh I stumbled over this nice little infographic:chartoftheday_2113_Book_to_TV_adaptations_n.jpghttp://www.statista....tv-adaptations/

I think a strong argument against reading the books now is how much Weiss and Benioff have left out. Which, imo, doesn't take anything away from the pure awesomeness of the shoe, but nevertheless...

So....for what reason is The Hound riding with Arya now? There's no more family for him to ask ransom of. She is worth nothing. It has to be that he just likes her.

So....for what reason is The Hound riding with Arya now? There's no more family for him to ask ransom of. She is worth nothing. It has to be that he just likes her.

The Hound has more of a sense of compassion then his brother. I don't think he would just leave arya to fend for herself.

While I was still contemplating wether to actually read the books now or wait until all of the show has aired (which will be in 2017/18?) so that I can enjoy them fresh I stumbled over this nice little infographic:chartoftheday_2113_Book_to_TV_adaptations_n.jpghttp://www.statista....tv-adaptations/

I think a strong argument against reading the books now is how much Weiss and Benioff have left out. Which, imo, doesn't take anything away from the pure awesomeness of the shoe, but nevertheless...

Maybe I am missing the reason but that seems all the more reason to read the books.

He's going to sell her to her Aunt Lysa Arryn, so she's still worth something.

He says in the episode "You have an aunt in the Vale, a very rich aunt. Once she pays me for you maybe she'll have enough left over to buy you that pony you want so much."

He's going to sell her to her Aunt Lysa Arryn, so she's still worth something.

Aunt Lysa the crazy lady with the hole in the floor over her castle in the sky (seemingly)....she is going to give money for Arya?

Aunt Lysa the crazy lady with the hole in the floor over her castle in the sky (seemingly)....she is going to give money for Arya?

The Hound thinks she will. Arya is family, she probably would, though she would probably just throw the Hound into a sky cell instead.

Maybe I am missing the reason but that seems all the more reason to read the books.

Yep, in the show, you don't get their thoughts like you do in the books and there's quite a bit changed.

Yeah I'm confused. The ends don't seem to justify the means.

Lysa Arryn has never even seen Arya so she would never give the Hound anything for her

The Hound is in desperation mode, though. He's grasping at the very last straw left in the drink, and I think he knows it.

I just don't think the Hound is taking Arya to the Vale for the money like he says he is. I think he really cares about what happens to Arya like he did Sansa.

Flip Wilson likes this

I just don't think the Hound is taking Arya to the Vale for the money like he says he is. I think he really cares about what happens to Arya like he did Sansa.

Yeah...even though I missed the quote, that was my original point. He wouldn't admit it I'm sure but I think he has a good heart and I think he has grown fond of her.
FalconState likes this