Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

i tried watching it this weekend but got nothing out of it... i thought they had dragons and fighting in the show ??? dry.png

i tried watching it this weekend but got nothing out of it... i thought they had dragons and fighting in the show ??? dry.png

If that's all you wanted to get out of it then yeah, I wouldn't try much harder to get into it.

Great Premiere, best since the first season. Loved the open. Tywin reforging of Ice and putting the wolf pelt in the flames was a great touch and very sad but the TV show hasn't showed how important those ancestral weapons are. The entire introduction of the Dornish Prince Oberyn, painted his character perfectly for non readers as a lustful, vengeful, dangerous man who will do whatever he wants when he wants. Love the casting of Ellaria too, actress is gorgeous. Arya is a Badass and Some of the Hound's lines were hilarious, like "what the **** is a Lommy". Sansa/Dontos was a little weird, but that's to be expected seeing how Dontos hasn't spoken a line in nearly two full seasons. Interesting that they eliminated the character and then decided to bring him back. Hopefully the new Darrio will grow on me but right now I don't like him. The Dragons looked awesome. Excellent stuff from the CGI department, and just a glimpse into the mayhem to come.

Absolutely agree. I liked how they balanced it, they didn't overdo it with the action (just a few dragons and a little fighting, to the disappointment of some people) and picked up the plotlines where they left them. And as you said, a very good introduction of Oberyn Martell.

FalconState likes this

Absolutely agree. I liked how they balanced it, they didn't overdo it with the action (just a few dragons and a little fighting, to the disappointment of some people) and picked up the plotlines where they left them. And as you said, a very good introduction of Oberyn Martell.

Always glad to have another GOT fan here.

macbrian likes this

She is so unconventionally hot it's ridiculous. I don't know what it is, because her face isn't fascinatingly beautiful or anything like that. I think it's the eyes.

She is so unconventionally hot it's ridiculous. I don't know what it is, because her face isn't fascinatingly beautiful or anything like that. I think it's the eyes.

I agree. It's something about her.

Game of Thrones has been renewed for Season 5 & 6 unsurprisingly after shattering premier ratings record.

I saw that. Have they ever green-lighted two seasons in a row on any other show? I thought even on the most successful shows those greedy ****s did it one season at a time.

Something about Jon Snow's mother...

I think the discussion between the Red Viper and Tyrion all but confirmed that LS + RT = JS

What did he say that brought you to that conclusion?

That Rhaegar left Elia for another woman, Lyanna Stark. The popular theory is that Rhaegar and Lyanna had a baby boy, Jon Snow, and on her death bed Lyanna asked Ned to protect Jon, so he lied and said he fathered Jon as a *******.

Not with dramas usually, sitcoms and reality shows routinely get renewed for multiple seasons at a time. This is the first time Game of Thrones has been renewed 2 seasons out.

That Rhaegar left Elia for another woman, Lyanna Stark. The popular theory is that Rhaegar and Lyanna had a baby boy, Jon Snow, and on her death bed Lyanna asked Ned to protect Jon, so he lied and said he fathered Jon as a *******.
Sorry, that didn't really answer your question. Robert Baratheon said Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna, but as Oberyn came right out and said Rhaegar and Lyanna were lovers, the thought is that the show writers are planting the seed for Jon to be revealed as their love child in a later season.

Yeah...I'm familiar with the theory but I totally didn't catch the part where he left her for another woman.

also.....

a big deal was made in the first season about Black of hair and Gold of hair as it pertained to the Lannisters. How does a White of hair and a Brown of hair produce a Black of hair?

It sucks to get old. I have not been able to remain awake for the entire episode yet. I don't have a DVR or anyway to record it either. I guess I just have to hope I live long enough to buy the season on DVD next year. :(

Yeah...I'm familiar with the theory but I totally didn't catch the part where he left her for another woman.

also.....

a big deal was made in the first season about Black of hair and Gold of hair as it pertained to the Lannisters. How does a White of hair and a Brown of hair produce a Black of hair?
In the book Jon has dark brown hair and looks more like a Stark than some of the other Stark children (Sansa and Rob favor Cat). Show Jon having black hair is sort of a goof, but oh well.

also.....

The black hair thing is only a dominant trait of Baratheons.

There are plenty of Targaryens who don't have silver hair and Lannisters that don't have blonde hair.

So. I'm nearing the end of A Storm Of Swords. I have just read the most infuriating, disturbing, and disgusting chapter of a book I have ever read in my life. I have no idea how I'm this angry. I don't even want to read anymore.

I know these feels.

kane#7 likes this