Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

That is how you start a season.

Other than Tyrion, I've always thought that Arya was the most interesting character in the show. I was surprised at how quickly they got to that scene, but they did it justice.

Something about Jon Snow's mother...

I think the discussion between the Red Viper and Tyrion all but confirmed that LS + RT = JS

Seeing Tywin melting the Stark sword, throwing the pelt in the fire, and that **** statue of Joffrey just made me mad/sad all over again.

That is how you start a season.

Something about Jon Snow's mother...

I think the discussion between the Red Viper and Tyrion all but confirmed that LS + RT = JS
I was surprised to hear the wording they used for that scene. It made it seem like the Martells are well aware of the actual events that took place between Rhaegar, Elia, and Lyanna.

Season 4 Episode Titles

Season 4, Episode 1: Two Swords

Writers: David Benioff & D.B. Weiss

Directors: David Benioff & D.B. Weiss

Running time: 58 minutes

Season 4, Episode 2: The Lion and the Rose

Writer: George R. R. Martin

Director: Alex Graves

Running time: 52 minutes

Season 4, Episode 3: Breaker of Chains

Running time: 56 minutes

Season 4, Episode 4: Oathkeeper

Writer: Bryan Cogman

Director: Michelle MacLaren

Running time: 54 minutes

Season 4, Episode 5: First of His Name

Director: Michelle MacLaren

Season 4, Episode 6: The Laws of Gods and Men

Writer: Bryan Cogman

Director: Alik Sakharov

Season 4, Episode 7: Mockingbird

Director: Alik Sakharov

Season 4, Episode 8: The Mountain and the Viper

Season 4, Episode 9: The Watchers on the Wall

Director: Neil Marshall

Season 4, Episode 10: The Children

Episode synopses: 4.01 - 4.04

Episode #31: “Two Swords”

Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) welcomes a guest to King’s Landing. At Castle Black, Jon Snow (Kit Harington) finds himself unwelcome. Dany (Emilia Clarke) is pointed to Meereen, the mother of all slave cities. Arya (Maisie Williams) runs into an old friend.

Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by D. B. Weiss.

Episode #32: “The Lion and the Rose”

Tyrion lends Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) a hand. Joffrey (Jack Gleeson) and Margaery (Natalie Dormer) host a breakfast. At Dragonstone, Stannis (Stephen Dillane) loses patience with Davos (Liam Cunningham). Ramsay (Iwan Rheon) finds a purpose for his pet. North of the Wall, Bran (Isaac Hempstead Wright) sees where they must go.

Written by George R.R. Martin; directed by Alex Graves.

Episode #33: “Breaker of Chains”

Tyrion ponders his options. Tywin (Charles Dance) extends an olive branch. Sam (John Bradley) realizes Castle Black isn’t safe, and Jon proposes a bold plan. The Hound (Rory McCann) teaches Arya the way things are. Dany chooses her champion.

Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Alex Graves.

Episode #34: “Oathkeeper”

Dany balances justice and mercy. Jaime tasks Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) with his honor. Jon secures volunteers while Bran, Jojen (Thomas Brodie-Sangster), Meera (Ellie Kendrick) and Hodor (Kristian Nairn) stumble on shelter.

Written by Bryan Cogman; directed by Michelle MacLaren.

so is the purple wedding episode two? It looks like it from the preview from last night, but what is this about a breakfast?

so is the purple wedding episode two? It looks like it from the preview from last night, but what is this about a breakfast?

Interesting that Martin himself wrote #2. Pushes Winds of Winter back another 2 months.

No, it looks like it's going to be episode 5 "The First of His Name". Given that episode 6 is "Laws of Gods and Man" (or something like that), that is probably Tyrion's trial and/or the duel.

No, it looks like it's going to be episode 5 "The First of His Name". Given that episode 6 is "Laws of Gods and Man" (or something like that), that is probably Tyrion's trial and/or the duel.
Definitely the trial in the sixth episode, but episode 8 is the mountain and the viper, so the duel will be then.

the duel probably isn't happening until episode 8.... was looking forward to this, sucks that we have to wait

the duel probably isn't happening until episode 8.... was looking forward to this, sucks that we have to wait
Derp! It's right there in the title of Episode 8, now isn't it? Not sure how I could have missed that. But yeah, episode 6 is probably the trial, maybe spilling over into episode 7.

Isn't that where Joffrey receives his gifts - a book from Tyrion and a sword from Tywin?

Isn't that where Joffrey receives his gifts - a book from Tyrion and a sword from Tywin?
I forgot about the book. The preview says Tywin offers an olive branch, I'm assuming that's the sword. As far as the show goes, last season ended with a lot of tension between Joff and Tywin.

Derp! It's right there in the title of Episode 8, now isn't it? Not sure how I could have missed that. But yeah, episode 6 is probably the trial, maybe spilling over into episode 7.

yea it looks like, given the title of that episode, that they are drawing book 3 out for the entire season. kinda weird to me considering they have talked about a seven season show, yet will still have 4 books to go after this, the 4th season.

i don't think i needed to put spoiler tags, but if anyone disagrees i will edit and add them.

yea it looks like, given the title of that episode, that they are drawing book 3 out for the entire season. kinda weird to me considering they have talked about a seven season show, yet will still have 4 books to go after this, the 4th season.

i don't think i needed to put spoiler tags, but if anyone disagrees i will edit and add them.

A ton will be left on the cutting room floor... dramatically condensed. Books 4-5 might be put into 1 season with 6-7 the rest each in 1 season.

GRRM has 3 years to finish it up before the show. They can't wait for him. If that speeds him up at all, then that's a good thing, right?

I think they're going to keep incorporating books 4 and 5 along the way. The Hound's story in book 3 ends in the fight at the end of last night's episode, but they moved it up and changed it.

A ton will be left on the cutting room floor... dramatically condensed. Books 4-5 might be put into 1 season with 6-7 the rest each in 1 season.

GRRM has 3 years to finish it up before the show. They can't wait for him. If that speeds him up at all, then that's a good thing, right?

That's the only way they can do it at this point.

That's the only way they can do it at this point.

Like you said too, Bran and Theon's story is already pulling from next books and Dany's probably will as well. I think they moved up the inn scene because there's so many exciting things that happen later that they could put this there and let it have its spotlight. The inn fight was a lot of fun in the book and they did it well (minus some detail).

The new Daario is awful. Even further away from book Daario.

He's got a beard, that's already closer to book Daario than whatever the **** that was that they cast last season.

He's got a beard, that's already closer to book Daario than whatever the **** that was that they cast last season.

He was at least flamboyant like book Daario. I dunno.

I think they're going to keep incorporating books 4 and 5 along the way. The Hound's story in book 3 ends in the fight at the end of last night's episode, but they moved it up and changed it.

i think you are right based on some of the previews. i actually haven't seen last nights episode yet (i know, for shame!) but the scene in the preview with the dragon over the kid is clearly from book 5

i think you are right based on some of the previews. i actually haven't seen last nights episode yet (i know, for shame!) but the scene in the preview with the dragon over the kid is clearly from book 5

Yeah. I think they'll speed up Dany's story.

Great Premiere, best since the first season. Loved the open. Tywin reforging of Ice and putting the wolf pelt in the flames was a great touch and very sad but the TV show hasn't showed how important those ancestral weapons are. The entire introduction of the Dornish Prince Oberyn, painted his character perfectly for non readers as a lustful, vengeful, dangerous man who will do whatever he wants when he wants. Love the casting of Ellaria too, actress is gorgeous. Arya is a Badass and Some of the Hound's lines were hilarious, like "what the **** is a Lommy". Sansa/Dontos was a little weird, but that's to be expected seeing how Dontos hasn't spoken a line in nearly two full seasons. Interesting that they eliminated the character and then decided to bring him back. Hopefully the new Darrio will grow on me but right now I don't like him. The Dragons looked awesome. Excellent stuff from the CGI department, and just a glimpse into the mayhem to come.