Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

I still hope that they include Lady Stoneheart and keep her as Catelyn, not Talisa. There's no indication they would change her to Talisa, but it would suck.
Yeah, that wouldn't make any sense in terms of the story. I'm guessing that could be the season finale shocker, like the last big scene before they do their "big picture" wrap up. Is there a way to tell if the actress who plays Cat has been on set for any of the episodes being shot?

I'm trying to get catch up on all the story lines from the previous season and I'am asking for help on the Bran storyline. His ability's allow him to take control over animals and even people in the case of Hordor, Bran and the wildlings scout have this ability but I forget what they are called.

Also on the Bran front, he is traveling with a boy and a girl that are brother and sister, forgot their names, but why did they seek out Bran? Why are they invested in protecting him? Also why is Bran wanting to go past the Wall deep into the north? Is the Bran storyline a major or minor plot line?

Also if anyone can give me some quality Youtube sources for recaps for the entire season of 3 and just talking about possibility's for season 4 (no spoiler talk). Thanks to anyone that helps.

Winter is coming.

I'm trying to get catch up on all the story lines from the previous season and I'am asking for help on the Bran storyline. His ability's allow him to take control over animals and even people in the case of Hordor, Bran and the wildlings scout have this ability but I forget what they are called.

Also on the Bran front, he is traveling with a boy and a girl that are brother and sister, forgot their names, but why did they seek out Bran? Why are they invested in protecting him? Also why is Bran wanting to go past the Wall deep into the north? Is the Bran storyline a major or minor plot line?

Also if anyone can give me some quality Youtube sources for recaps for the entire season of 3 and just talking about possibility's for season 4 (no spoiler talk). Thanks to anyone that helps.

Winter is coming.

Bran is traveling with Meera and Jojen Reed. They are introduced a lot earlier in the books, in A Clash of Kings, as the arrive at Winterfell and befriend Bran. I can't remember off the top of my head why they say they found him on the show other than Jojen is also a green-seer. Bran's story is a major plot that is still being developed through the fifth book. He has dreamed about a 3 eyed raven since season 1 and believes it is north of the wall, which is why he is traveling there.

The ability to transfer consciousness into an animal is called warging or skinchanging. Therefore, anyone with this ability is known as a warg or a skinchanger.

In the books the 3-eyed raven talks to Bran in his dreams, and guides him to where he needs to go. Since a talking raven would look ridiculous in this show even for a dream sequence, they've opted to just have Jojen Reed (the boy) see everything in his "visions" on where they need to go. Jojen is what's known as a Greenseer, known for having prophetic dreams and some sort of power over nature.

They're invested in protecting him because there was a deep friendship between Eddard Stark and Howland Reed, Jojen and Meera's father, and that's how they are choosing to honor that friendship.

I'll look around on YouTube, but prediction videos for Season 4 without spoilers is gonna be a pretty difficult thing to find.

Laughed like an idiot @ Lord Friend Zone.

I was all alone in my home office and laughed out loud like a crazy person too.

Bran is traveling with Meera and Jojen Reed. They are introduced a lot earlier in the books, in A Clash of Kings, as the arrive at Winterfell and befriend Bran. I can't remember off the top of my head why they say they found him on the show other than Jojen is also a green-seer. Bran's story is a major plot that is still being developed through the fifth book. He has dreamed about a 3 eyed raven since season 1 and believes it is north of the wall, which is why he is traveling there.

The ability to transfer consciousness into an animal is called warging or skinchanging. Therefore, anyone with this ability is known as a warg or a skinchanger.

In the books the 3-eyed raven talks to Bran in his dreams, and guides him to where he needs to go. Since a talking raven would look ridiculous in this show even for a dream sequence, they've opted to just have Jojen Reed (the boy) see everything in his "visions" on where they need to go. Jojen is what's known as a Greenseer, known for having prophetic dreams and some sort of power over nature.

They're invested in protecting him because there was a deep friendship between Eddard Stark and Howland Reed, Jojen and Meera's father, and that's how they are choosing to honor that friendship.

I'll look around on YouTube, but prediction videos for Season 4 without spoilers is gonna be a pretty difficult thing to find.

Thanks guys, I might come around to ask more questions.

Here is an "honest trailer" for seasons 1 thru 3. The guys that write these are comic geniuses.

I died, esp. the last part with the names sums me up.

So much good tv on tonight. GOT, followed by Silicon Valley and Veep premieres, and also Turn on AMC. I'm recording turn and will check it out after the hbo shows. It can't help but be better than low winter sun.

Oh Arya you fantastic little psycho.

That last shot of the Riverlands on fire was great.

Oberyn and Ellaria are perfect. They're going to be fun to watch. Oberyn was so quick with that dagger. Almost like he was a viper or something. Ayyyyyye.

House Manwoody mention. Loved the look of the rest of the Dornish, too. Very prince of Persia type aesthetic.

The Magnar of Thenn was ******* insane looking. The Thenns were much different from the book, but **** if they're not scary.

This was the best opening episode since the pilot.

Oh Arya you fantastic little psycho.

That last shot of the Riverlands on fire was great.

Oberyn and Elia are perfect. They're going to be fun to watch. Oberyn was so quick with that dagger. Almost like he was a viper or something. Ayyyyyye.

House Manwoody mention. Loved the look of the rest of the Dornish, too. Very prince of Persia type aesthetic.

The Magnar of Thenn was ******* insane looking. The Thenns were much different from the book, but **** if they're not scary.

This was the best opening episode since the pilot.

******* A. What an opener.

It was definitely heavily rumored.

I know the whole family is promiscuous, hence all the b.astards. Guess I never caught the references. I really liked the character in the show though, focused and lethal.

Book spoiler:

I thought the Hound got wounded pretty bad in the skirmish with the guys at the inn, or was there a 2nd one? But it happened towards the end when Arya leaves him for the docks.

Yeah they moved that fight way up in the story. Seems like the rest will be fanfic from here on.

Favorite lines: Everything that came out of Sandor's mouth. Rory absolutely is that character.

I love that they took the time to show them melting down Ice.

The scene where Oberyn reminded Tyrion of what happened to Elia and her children as great. They had a lot to compress into that scene, and they pulled it off well.

This is the first season that I have read the material before the show... it's a lot different watching it now. I almost prefer being surprised by what happens on the show lol. I think the next 3 seasons (projected) will vary and condense a lot more from the books.