Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

I would have thought, but why doesn't he have his armor on? Also, why is his blade bloody? He didn't kill the Red Viper with his claymore.

true, but i can't remember anything else it could be. BO probably right. plus it can't be b/c that chick is wearing a baseball cap with sunglasses.

They probably wrote a new scene to reestablish that the Mountain is a badass.

Also BTW this guy is the mountain now...

It's probably him killing some poor bar wench/ village.

MmOJX0T.jpg

English-Italian actress Paola Dionisotti has been cast as Lady Anya Waynwood in Game of Thrones, according to her CV.

Lady Waynwood is the head of House Waynwood, and like Bronze Yohn Royce – who’s casting was also recently reported – is sworn to House Arryn of the Vale.

It can't be anymore confusing than Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury, where one character's PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL of consciousness spilled right into another character's with no warning. A Feast of Snakes switches between characters without warning too, and doesn't have formal chapters.

Hah.

I'm a little less than halfway through ADWD. It's definitely my second favorite behind ASOS, but the Dany chapters are getting kind of old. It's interesting that so many different characters are going to her from all over Westeros, and for different reasons, but sitting on her ******* cushioned bench in Mereen bitching about the sons of harpy is getting pretty ******* old.

Joremarid and kane#7 like this

Hah.

I'm a little less than halfway through ADWD. It's definitely my second favorite behind ASOS, but the Dany chapters are getting kind of old. It's interesting that so many different characters are going to her from all over Westeros, and for different reasons, but sitting on her ******* cushioned bench in Mereen bitching about the sons of harpy is getting pretty ******* old.

Dany's chapters in ADWD do get a little stale. Fortunately, John Snow's chapters pick up the dead weight. I also think that Victarion Greyjoy will be the next character to rise from the ashes to become a fan favorite. I can't help but picture this man when I read his chapters. I hope that gets cast for the role:

tumblr_mc2r7lN6ON1r6mgsco3_500.gif

Vladimir Kulich as Buliwyf in "The 13th Warrior" for those who are interested. He also did Ulfric Stormcloak's voice in Skyrim.

I wonder who will be cast as Randyll Tarly. I always Imagined Vinne Jones with slightly more grey:

vinnie-jones-38.jpg

Confirmed that Pedro Pascal will be playing Oberyn Martel:

pedro-pascal-got4.jpg

Shame. I always thought this role was made for Antonio Banderas...

Ulfric Stormcloak definitely needs to be in this show, and it definitely needs to be as Victarion. He is exactly who I picture every time I read Vic.

The voice of Ulfric Stormcloak playing as Victarion Greyjoy. -nerdgasm-

Dany's chapters in ADWD do get a little stale. Fortunately, John Snow's chapters pick up the dead weight. I also think that Victarion Greyjoy will be the next character to rise from the ashes to become a fan favorite. I can't help but picture this man when I read his chapters. I hope that gets cast for the role:

tumblr_mc2r7lN6ON1r6mgsco3_500.gif

Vladimir Kulich as Buliwyf in "The 13th Warrior" for those who are interested. He also did Ulfric Stormcloak's voice in Skyrim.

I hated the Iron Born through ASOS, and wasn't happy that they were POV characters in AFFC, but they got really interesting in AFFC, especially the Kingsmoot. Victarion is a bad ***.

Victarion Greyjoy, who is basically a dullard and a brute.

George R.R. Martin: The Complete Unedited Interview

GRRM also noted to one question that he thinks Victarion is "dumb as a stump."

So Spake Martin - Seattle Town Hall Q&A

I see Victarion as a plot device for delivering ships.

"The Lord of Light has shown me your worth, lord Captain. Every night in my fires I glimpse the glory that awaits you." wink.png

Battling on the decks of ships while wearing full plate armor is undeniably badass, but it's yet another reminder of what a dumbass Victarion truly is. In short, he's a self-pitying and banally-evil dummy; a fool whose misfortune we’re meant to find amusing, to the extent we can withstand his relentless unpleasantness. He's constantly committing atrocities, and then feeling sorry for himself. He suspects the monkeys aboard the ship are laughing at him, but he can't see that Moqorro mocks him to his face.

28 Jan

through3dcoloredglasses asked: Why is Victarion Greyjoy your personal most hated character? Not a Greyjoy apologist or anything, just wondering, that's an interesting choice.

Quoted from my initial thoughts upon completing A Dance with Dragons:

There’s something uniquely loathsome about Victarion Greyjoy, even compared to the likes of Gregor Clegane and Ramsay Bolton — and Euron Greyjoy, for that matter. I think it’s that while most of the other real monsters we’ve met are self-aware enough to delight in their cruelty, Victarion’s approach to abominable conduct is unthinking, unexamined. I don’t think it’s pleasant to him, but in a way that just makes it worse, because therefore he has no pleasure-principle incentive to be cruel that you or I can understand. He merely has no real respect for the lives of others, and no inkling that he might ought to, and behaves accordingly. Thus when he beats his own wife to death, it’s something he’s “forced” to do by the brother who cuckolded him with her, and he feels worse for himself than for her. Thus he sentences the gay prostitutes the Iron Victory seizes at sea to death with less thought than he’s given to the pros and cons of having a concubine who can’t talk. Thus he opposes slavery, but still participates in the trade when he needs the money and still summarily executes slaves for a sacrifice to the gods. Ramsay and Gregor’s torture of their victims is its own twisted acknowledgement of their personhood — the people who’ve fallen into their clutches have agency, and they seek to obliterate that agency with extravagant cruelty. Victarion never gets even that far. You might as well be furniture to him, and the whole time he’s using you he’ll be thinking about how uncomfortable he is sitting on you.

Once he meets Dany, Victarion is toast. Send it!

Warlocks - A Wiki of Ice and Fire

A Feast for Crows

Euron Greyjoy tells his brother Victarion that he had captured four warlocks in a galleas out of Qarth. On board was a cask of shade-of-the-evening along with some cloves and nutmeg and forty bolts of green silk. The four warlocks told him a curious tale which Euron does not elaborate upon. One threatened the corsair so Euron killed the warlock and fed him to the other three.[4]

A Dance with Dragons

Daenerys learns that Pyat Pree and three other warlocks have sailed for Pentos hoping to meet her again.[5]

The official World of Ice and Fire app asserts that Euron intercepted the ship on which Pyat Pree and three other warlocks had set sail to renew their assault on Daenerys.

AF89 likes this

Random thought with about 10 chapters left in ADWD:

Amazing the way GRRM is able to make the reader become so invested in the characters yet at the same time change the way the reader feels about them. for me personally:

Cersei, Jaime, Sansa, Caitlin, even Dany. But perhaps no more so then:

ADWD spoilers

Theon.... went from hardly being more then a prop, to being the most hated character for me, even more so then joffrey, to actually pulling for him
kane#7 likes this