Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

3 different mountains in 4 seasons. At least this guy looks like a ******* terrifying badass instead of Larry Bird. I hate recasting, but in this case it's awesome. As far as recasting Daario- le sigh.

xswOBOm.jpg

HBO has confirmed that Icelandic strongman Hafþór “Thor” Björnsson has joined the cast of Game of Thrones for the show’s fourth season, and will be taking over the role of The Mountain, Ser Gregor Clegane.

3 different mountains in 4 seasons. At least this guy looks like a ******* terrifying badass instead of Larry Bird. I hate recasting, but in this case it's awesome. As far as recasting Daario- le sigh.

I prefer my Mountains not to wear Chuck Taylors and Thomas ******* Decoud skinny jeans.

I don't think the casual viewer will notice the change of the Mountain much, he always has his armor on and is a pretty minor character up to this point in the show. Recasting of Daario will be noticed by all though. Too bad.

One of the show's faults is not incorporating the mountain more. Even though you don't see him, he's such a presence in the books. He destroys the realm while the war is going on.

kane#7 likes this

One of the show's faults is not incorporating the mountain more. Even though you don't see him, he's such a presence in the books. He destroys the realm while the war is going on.

Yeah and completely removing his involvement in Arya's story.

Tycho Nestoris, representative of the Iron Bank of Braavos.

'Game of Thrones' casts 'Sherlock' actor in season 4 -- EXCLUSIVE

tccyQKq.jpg

This is the sort of casting us geeky TV bloggers dream about: A Game of Thrones, Doctor Who, Sherlock combo!

Mark Gatiss will appear in the fourth season of HBO’s Thrones. The British writer-producer-actor has written Doctor Who novels and episodes of the BBC cult classic, as well as acted on the long-running series (since 2007, he’s credited to three different roles on IMDB). In addition, Gatiss is the co-creator and co-star of another Brit-based favorite, Sherlock, where he plays Holmes’ dryly mysterious brother Mycroft. Now he’s booked on HBO’s fantasy hit next year.

On Thrones he will play …

Well, that’s something we cannot reveal. The Thrones team is keeping Gatiss’ role quiet. Maybe showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss will say more at their Comic-Con panel on Friday? Also, Sherlock is making its first-ever SDCC panel appearance on Thursday (I’m moderating) so maybe Gatiss will spill something then. EW.com will bring you full coverage of both events, plus we will PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL our own interviews with the Thrones and Sherlock producers on the EW.com homepage.

While Thrones added numerous new roles for its second and third seasons, population growth is slowing considerable for season four (the show already has a larger cast than any drama on television). Gatiss joins fellow season 4 newcomer Pedro Pascal, who will play the key role of Prince Oberyn “The Red Viper” Martell. Also, yesterday we revealed the list of directors for season 4.

Tywin isn't at Harrenhal when Arya is brought there, the Mountain is. She doesn't interact with him like she did with Tywin though, that was just in the show.

HS, I bought Blood Meridian. Will start it when I finish ADWD.

Tywin isn't at Harrenhal when Arya is brought there, the Mountain is. She doesn't interact with him like she did with Tywin though, that was just in the show.

HS, I bought Blood Meridian. Will start it when I finish ADWD.

You'll have to adjust a little to the fact that McCarthy doesn't use quotation marks when writing dialogue. Sometimes I couldn't tell when the dialogue ended and the narration began, so I would still be reading in a character's voice before realizing I was reading description. You get used to it though.

You'll have to adjust a little to the fact that McCarthy doesn't use quotation marks when writing dialogue. Sometimes I couldn't tell when the dialogue ended and the narration began, so I would still be reading in a character's voice before realizing I was reading description. You get used to it though.

It can't be anymore confusing than Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury, where one character's PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL of consciousness spilled right into another character's with no warning. A Feast of Snakes switches between characters without warning too, and doesn't have formal chapters.

Thought he was at the village too that Arya, Hotpie, and Gendry went up to where they got caught and one of Gregor's men killed Lommy. Then he was with them as they rode to Harrenhal.