Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

Finished ASOS last night.

Lots of good moments after the "purple" wedding.

1. Red Viper was awesome. "Elia of Dorne. You raped her! You murdered her! You killed her children! Say it!"

2. The mountain says them all as he punches his face in. Sad moment, even though we never got to know the Red Viper much, I liked his style.

3. Arya getting revenge on the Tickler, asking his questions for each stab. Pure awesomeness.

4. Stannis comes in for the rescue out of no where. Due to the show, I knew he was heading there, but in the book, it's a good surprise.

5. The whole Lysa, Littlefinger, Sansa stuff was awesome and chilling. Lots of reveals. Poor Marillion.

6. Tyrion gets some revenge, awesome as well.

kane#7 likes this

Finished ASOS last night.

Lots of good moments after the "purple" wedding.

1. Red Viper was awesome. "Elia of Dorne. You raped her! You murdered her! You killed her children! Say it!"

2. The mountain says them all as he punches his face in. Sad moment, even though we never got to know the Red Viper much, I liked his style.

3. Arya getting revenge on the Tickler, asking his questions for each stab. Pure awesomeness.

4. Stannis comes in for the rescue out of no where. Due to the show, I knew he was heading there, but in the book, it's a good surprise.

5. The whole Lysa, Littlefinger, Sansa stuff was awesome and chilling. Lots of reveals. Poor Marillion.

6. Tyrion gets some revenge, awesome as well.

1. The red viper/mountain duel is an awesome scene. I can't wait to see how it plays out in the show.

4. Yeah I really think they screwed the pooch revealing that Stannis is going to the wall on the show.

5. The Petyr/Lysa/Sansa stuff is nuts. It you can believe what Petyr says, he is the catalyst for most of the events that have transpired since the first book, starting with Jon Arryn's death.

1. The red viper/mountain duel is an awesome scene. I can't wait to see how it plays out in the show.

4. Yeah I really think they screwed the pooch revealing that Stannis is going to the wall on the show.

5. The Petyr/Lysa/Sansa stuff is nuts. It you can believe what Petyr says, he is the catalyst for most of the events that have transpired since the first book, starting with Jon Arryn's death.

Yep, Petyr has been a puppet master and the brilliance of it is, no one suspects that he's playing. I guess the only part that didn't go to his plan is that Sansa isn't a widow yet. Varys is doing the same kind of thing but at least people suspect his involvement. A friend of mine said today, "If you're not getting played by one of them, you're likely getting played by the other.

I thought they wrote that character out of the show.
Just no reason to pay someone for half an episode. I'm wondering what they are going to do with Bran's story because the last chapter he has in Book 3 is him going out of tunnel, which the show has already seen. Maybe they'll write in things based on what's happening to him like they did Theon.

Just no reason to pay someone for half an episode. I'm wondering what they are going to do with Bran's story because the last chapter he has in Book 3 is him going out of tunnel, which the show has already seen. Maybe they'll write in things based on what's happening to him like they did Theon.
That's very likely. They already said that they're not going to follow the books sequentially now. His trip through the North will probably last through Season 4 with him meeting the three-eyed crow as either a Season 4 plot twist or at the beginning of Season 5. Just my guess.

• According to his CV, Luke Barnes will be returning in season 4 to role of Rast. The Night’s Watchman was last seen in episode 4 of season 3, in the mutiny at Craster’s Keep. Rast being present at the mutiny was a departure from the books, so his role in season 4 is anyone’s guess. But given that he was seen killing Lord Commander Mormont, he isn’t likely to be heading back to the Wall.

• Sources say that stuntmen have been rehearsing and getting ready to film another fight at Craster’s Keep. Last season we saw Lord Commander Mormont die there and Samwell escape, leaving behind Dolorous Edd and Grenn. Will we finally see what happened to the remaining Night’s Watchmen?

Bran, the Reeds, and Hodor come upon the mutineers and Coldhands saves them?

Ahh, I see. I'm assuming that's a theory, and that GRRM has something in store for that character. Both of them.

I highly doubt they are the same. :)