Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHav

HBO: Game of Thrones

4,077 posts in this topic

I just caught up on this series, and I have to say it is really really good. I was hesitant of watching it when I first heard about it, but my friend said give it a try. I have to say it I am hooked. If you haven't watched it give it to episode 3 and you will be hooked. It is a good series and it is also holding me over till Boardwalk/Entourage starts back up on HBO.

Got me reading the books.

Same here I just went and bought the first one a few days ago.

Just wait until tonight's episode, it's the best one so far in my opinion. Drogo absolutely steals the entire show. I kind of wish I didn't watch the advanced showing of it a week ago. I'll still watch it tonight again though.

I read that HBO renewed it for a second season. So does that mean they will be going on to the second book for the second season?

I am a broke joker without HBO.......Anyone know where I can watch the latest episodes online?

Check your Private Messages ;)

@ATL Brave: Thanks, I couldn't find anything about what the second season will be based on. All te articles just state that HBO has renewed Game of Thrones for a second season. So I am just assuming a second season would be the second book.

I read that HBO renewed it for a second season. So does that mean they will be going on to the second book for the second season?

They will more than likely have a season for every book. It only makes sense. The name of the series will remain Game Of Thrones throughout though. I think it would be a lot cooler if they turned every season into a mini-series with the name of the Book it's adapted from.

Season 2 would be called Clash of Kings, Season 3 would be called Storm of Swords, Season 4 Feast for Crows etc.

George R.R. Martin has been writing the 5th book for going on 10 years now, titled A Dance With Dragons and his fans hate him for it. He seems completely disinterested in finishing the series, so maybe watching his story play out in front of him will re-inspire him to complete it.

JHav, hit me up with that site if you don't mind... Used to watch everything on fastpasstv but it's been killed apparently...

Lena Heady actually made me feel a tiny bit of sympathy for the character of Cersei.

The acting in this show is unlike anything I've seen out of a television series since The Sopranos. I have never been taken out of any scene in this show because of poor acting.

They will more than likely have a season for every book. It only makes sense. The name of the series will remain Game Of Thrones throughout though. I think it would be a lot cooler if they turned every season into a mini-series with the name of the Book it's adapted from.

Season 2 would be called Clash of Kings, Season 3 would be called Storm of Swords, Season 4 Feast for Crows etc.

George R.R. Martin has been writing the 5th book for going on 10 years now, titled A Dance With Dragons and his fans hate him for it. He seems completely disinterested in finishing the series, so maybe watching his story play out in front of him will re-inspire him to complete it.

Only 6 years, and it comes out next month.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Dance_with_Dragons

Finally saw Sunday night's episode just now, WOW. Had no idea such a major character would die, and that makes 2 in two weeks. Like HS said, acting is top-notch across the board. I nearly pee in my pants every episode because I keep thinking to myself "ok, this scene is important, I'll go during the next scene." It keeps me that hooked every week. I'm pretty excited about seeing Khal **** people up on a large scale.

It's a shame that the most honorable character in this show is such a raging dumb***. I root against Ned Stark on principle alone. Honor gets you nowhere when you're THAT ********.

Stupid-Ned-Stark-2.jpg

enhanced-buzz-12405-1305751191-3.jpg

enhanced-buzz-12395-1305751211-3.jpg

Do the individual books tend to end on cliffhangers or is there a good bit of resolution and/or resetting?

Is the tendency to end chapters and stuff on cliffhangers with the show reflective of the author of the books' writing style or is this something that the show's staff is playing up?

While I am totally hyped for every new episode, I also have a hard time buying into Ned Stark. But maybe that is how he is supposed to be at this point of the story. Since I didn´t read the books, I will just trust that the character will be fine.

The female cast is way stronger than the male one, Lena Headey is perfect and so are the Stark girls. The mother and her crazy sister were great too.

BTW mdrake I'm done with The Killing. Watched the last episode I could watch last night.

The main character annoys me greatly, but it's not technically her fault. Whoever writes this show holds an opinion that the best detective work is done by people who stare off into the distance determinably. I have stopped caring about any of the characters on this show.

BTW mdrake I'm done with The Killing. Watched the last episode I could watch last night.

The main character annoys me greatly, but it's not technically her fault. Whoever writes this show holds an opinion that the best detective work is done by people who stare off into the distance determinably. I have stopped caring about any of the characters on this show.

I missed Sunday's episode, I was going to try and catch it tonight or tomorrow night. But yeah, I'm about done with it too. I just mess around on the computer throughout most of each episode now. I think there's only a couple of episodes left, I do want to see the killer.

AMC totally dropped the ball on this one. The original Danish show is supposed to be great, it just won some international award for best series. I'm ready for Breaking Bad to be back next month on AMC.

I missed Sunday's episode, I was going to try and catch it tonight or tomorrow night. But yeah, I'm about done with it too. I just mess around on the computer throughout most of each episode now. I think there's only a couple of episodes left, I do want to see the killer.

AMC totally dropped the ball on this one. The original Danish show is supposed to be great, it just won some international award for best series. I'm ready for Breaking Bad to be back next month on AMC.

You and I talked about The Killing suffering from having Game of Thrones as a lead-in, but producers of The Killing have kept a dark, somber mood throughout. It could have really benefited from some lighter moments, even if said moments were black-humored in nature.

You and I talked about The Killing suffering from having Game of Thrones as a lead-in, but producers of The Killing have kept a dark, somber mood throughout. It could have really benefited from some lighter moments, even if said moments were black-humored in nature.

There's been virtually zero character development though, IMO. It seemed like Bennett was the killer, then he was "redeemed;" that's about it. Linden and Holder have remained the same throughout the series, bumbling through investigation in basically the same inept manner every episode.

GOT, on the other hand, has shown the development of nearly every single character, both major and minor. Its writing is clearly superior.