Not if we all pledge not to post in it anymore. Here's my pledge:

You won't see me in this thread again.

If I were an attorney this thread would be my "Exhibit 1-A" as to why we desperately need for this lockout to end and for there to be real topics to discuss.......

Like, oh I don't know:

1.) What FAs are the Falcons going to target and approach?

2.) What progress are we making in signing Julio, Dent and Rodgers and getting them into camp?

3.) How healthy do Jerry, Douglas, Spoon and Meier look?

There's my case Your Honor.

Kinda like heroin, ain't it?

B-U-S-T-E-D! :lol:

Matt Ryan = Best QB for the Falcons.

Mike Vick = Best QB for the Eagles.

Please just let it go. Vick is an ex-Falcon who gave us some thrilling moments. Ryan is our QB now.

You can't compare them fairly because Vick was drafted into the NFL 10 years ago and Ryan 3. Ryan has a lot of maturing and developing to do to reach the level of an 8th year QB (not counting the 2 Vick was out). Vick has natural athletic ability that most football players don't have. Ryan has great leadership, great intangibles and is a straight up winner.

Stop living in the past and trying to always compare them. Ryan is Ryan and Vick is Vick. Neither one of them have done anything to the other to cause either of them harm.

They got along great at the Pro-Bowl. Seems they have learned to move on. Maybe it's time some of our fans learn the same.

I couldn't have said it better. Good post Tandy.

Guest Spot On Dtan

Right now?

Vick. Then again, after the season Vick had last year, I'd put him as the top qb after the elite "5"(Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers), going into this season.

Right on my friend. And since all the other roster moves we have made are for "right now," it makes sense to reobtain MV7, the better QB as of "right now," "right now."

I don't see why this is so hard to grasp.

Right on my friend. And since all the other roster moves we have made are for "right now," it makes sense to reobtain MV7, the better QB as of "right now," "right now."

I don't see why this is so hard to grasp.

Pretty much. It's not really taking anything away from Ryan. For most of last season though, Vick was unstoppable.

I don't know how anyone could have watched Vick play last year, and rank Ryan, Cutler, Flacco, or any of the other qbs below the "elite 5", ahead of him.

Pretty much. It's not really taking anything away from Ryan. For most of last season though, Vick was unstoppable.

I don't know how anyone could have watched Vick play last year, and rank Ryan, Cutler, Flacco, or any of the other qbs below the "elite 5", ahead of him.

I can't see how anybody would rank Vick ahead of Ryan. Vick can't play a full season without getting injured. Ryan has missed 1 game in 3 seasons. Ryan has been consistently good for 3 seasons. Vick hasn't been good for 1 full season yet.

If you get a QB for 1 game, Vick. If you need a QB for a season or a career, Ryan without any question. No comparison.

Career and potential wise Ryan is way better. If I was to start a franchise right now, I'd take ryan in a heart beat cause he has all the intangibles, and most imprtantly much better career stats. So thank God atleast we have that in place, and not some questionable dog killing idiot who keeps having periodical goofups.

As of right now? Vick is obviously better,

Hes just more of a play maker, and more of a homerun threat. Hes as accurate as ryan, but much better on the deep ball. Ryan does make some ill advised heady deisions that sometimes give games away, and his deep throws need some power and accuracy. Ryan is also limited by the stingiest OC of all time, and vick is wisely given free reign by reid, who knows how to play some exciting football.

I think vick's a hair better as of now, maybe not so next season though.

Edited by osiruz

I've never heard Matt Ryan make statements like "Where ever I go people love Mike Vick"

Matt Ryan never talks as I, me, mine, and I've NEVER heard him pull a 3rd person reference about himself.

Everything Matt has ever said is about us, we, our. He's a total team guy, and that is the type of QB I want running our team.

Amen .... be a cold day in Hades before Ryan ever calls himself, " Superman ' .... :rolleyes:

Let me break this down real simple...

Matt Ryan:

- Rookie of the Year

- Winning Seasons every year he has played

- 2 playoff appearances in 3 yrs

- No Federal Jail Time

Mike Vick:

- Never had back to back winning seasons

- Had such great touch on the ball that anyone running a slant was in danger of a concusion

- Flicked off his own fans

- Admitted that he didnt take practice serious

- Spread herpes

- Busted w/ weed at Miami Airport

- Did federal jail time

- Is now an Eagle

*** No TRUE falcons fan can support this guy. I know alot of black people want so badly to see a true sucessful black QB but for now, there just isnt one so they cling on to Vick. Yea, that may sound racist, but sometimes the truth hurts. Mike Vick is a great athlete, mediocre QB, and a P.O.S. person...thats not opinion, thats fact.

Good day

You forgot something

[Jim Mora Sr. Voice] Playoffs???[/Jim Mora Sr. Voice]

Oh how soon you all forget how it is to win in the playoffs and be this much closer to the big game. He got you there despite his shortcomings. Yeah go on and on about when someone MIGHT finally get over the hump. Fact is MV7 did it.

Don't get me wrong, what he did was stupid, but I'd much rather face ryan twice a year and in the playoffs vs Vick.

Edited by UptownHardHitta

In the end, Vick isn't here because of his issues in life, and people should just wish him well elsewhere. The fact is, growing up a Falcons fan, you had to see them in person to see the majority of home games. People had more interest in the Cowboys, 49ers, Giants, Bears, etc. Vick changed all of that, from the moment he was announced as a starter. He also won playoff games, and just couldn't get over the Philly hump. For everything he meant, mainly getting Georgia focused on the Falcons over everyone, and getting those transplants on board, I'll always root for Mike.

But things happened, and we were fortunate to land Matt. So rather than take Matt for granted the way so many did with Mike, people should just enjoy the ride. When it's all said and done, I think both will be HOF bound. One finally knocked down the transplant wall, the other kept the Birds from becoming a league joke. No reason to dislike either. It's the small-but-loud divisive fans and ignorant Atlanta radio personalities that were always the problem when Michael was here, and now with Matt. Most of us have it right; good luck, Mike, but go Falcons, and our qb Matt Ryan!

Let me break this down real simple...

Matt Ryan:

- Rookie of the Year

- Winning Seasons every year he has played

- 2 playoff appearances in 3 yrs

- No Federal Jail Time

Mike Vick:

- Never had back to back winning seasons

- Had such great touch on the ball that anyone running a slant was in danger of a concusion

- Flicked off his own fans

- Admitted that he didnt take practice serious

- Spread herpes

- Busted w/ weed at Miami Airport

- Did federal jail time

- Is now an Eagle

*** No TRUE falcons fan can support this guy. I know alot of black people want so badly to see a true sucessful black QB but for now, there just isnt one so they cling on to Vick. Yea, that may sound racist, but sometimes the truth hurts. Mike Vick is a great athlete, mediocre QB, and a P.O.S. person...thats not opinion, thats fact.

Good day

Hurry up and get 100 posts. We need more from you!