Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Spot On Dtan

Let's be honest here folks...

176 posts in this topic

We all know that MV7 is a superior QB to captain checkdown, and we all would love to have him back. But my question is this: what would it take to get him back? Ryan and White? I really just don't think we have the talent on our roster to make this dream deal possible. If you have any possible ideas please post.

Cheers,

SOD

:lol: It's not going to happen. Did Arthur Blank or TD say anything about bringing him back? All you have to do is become an Eagles fan. Problem solved.

Unidentified NFL player greets Michael Vick after Vick gets out of prison:

Player: Yo Michael Vick, whassup dawg?

MV7: **** man don't EVER say that to me again....

What kind of fallacy is it when you make unwarranted assumptions about a group or propose things that have no chance of coming true?

Oh, and he's not coming back.

+1 Correct Sir. The only solution for this problem is to become an Eagles fan.

If Vick needs some where to go deep I'm sure your throat is available ...

Folks this is exactly what I am talking about; I bring up a pretty valid point and all the dissenters bring up is **** jokes. We need to clean up this boards of these uncouth folk.

Antonio Montana likes this

With all those personalities, how could he ever be lonely?

TRUE! BUT THAT STILL LEAVES HIM WITH A PROBLEM.

WITH ALL THOSE PERSONALITIES, THEY JUST AIN'T

GOING TO GET ALONG....... AND ITS SHOWING. B)

No, we don't all know that. I'm very happy with Ryan, and many many other posters here are too.

You're confusing exciting with effective. Vick wouldn't have qualified for the playoffs without Kolb's wins. Vick won 8 games last year, lost to a couple of sub 500 teams, cost his team a playoff bye by losing to minn, led the league in fumbles, was too beat up by his style of play to be effective in the playoffs and threw a horrible pick to end the playoff game.

Ryan won 13 games, has never lost to a sub 500 team in his career, and had a bad game in the playoffs. Difference is, Vick's team gave him a chance to win, Ryan's didn't. Falcons D allowed 41 points, Eagles 21, Vick had to make one more big play to win the game, Ryan would have had to lead 4 more scoring drives to win. One play, 4 scoring drives, which is easier?

Not excusing Ryan's play, but if you blame the playoff loss strictly on Ryan, you have an agenda.

Lets compare the first three years of their respective careers:

Ryan 46 starts, 33-13, 10,068 yards,68 TDs, 30 TOs

Vick 21 starts, 12-8-1, 5627 yards, 30 TDs, 26 TOs

That includes Vick's Rushing yards and TDs

No one has ever won more games in his first 3 years than Ryan.

Here's my idea- I think you should enjoy your time here on the messageboard, because I don't think you'll be here very long.

+1 Ouch!

Folks this is exactly what I am talking about; I bring up a pretty valid point and all the dissenters bring up is **** jokes. We need to clean up this boards of these uncouth folk.

Starting with you. :lol:

Looky here folks. I don't really care about vick's first couple years. I care about now. And now, Vick is the better QB.

Name one game in Vicks tenure as a player, starting QB or otherwise, that he has...

1. Come back from a 14 point lead and won...

2. Won a Game that matters...

1. He has never made a come back like that, look it up...he has lost every game in history once the opposing team is up 14 pts. Matt Ryan has how many times???

2. In each season Vick's teams, Eagles and Falcons, the team made the playoffs, the back up QB, Kolb and Shaub had to win 5-7 games for the team while Vick was on bench crying about something...

then Vick comes into the Playoffs and again, loses the biggest games of his career, Why???

Vick is talented, and fun to watch, but in the end of the day, will not amount to nothing...

he has never single handedly brought his team to the playoffs, never wins BIG Important Games, and

still misses the side of the barn with his passes...

Nope, with everything he has, he is not comparable to Matt Ryan.

Mike Vick is the best QB ever to play the game. I played football in high school, and I tell you what, he would be the last person I'd want to see under center for the opponent.

Nice to see not every one here is a Ryan homer

I'm happy for Mike and his resurgence in Philly but, fans of his will never see him in a Falcons uniform ever again. If Mike would have been the student of the game that Matt is he would still be here and fans would idolize him for his overall game instead of his athleticism.

Mike Vick is the best QB ever to play the game. I played football in high school, and I tell you what, he would be the last person I'd want to see under center for the opponent.

The Vikings and the Packers were really OK with seeing Vick last year

He's not coming back, ever.

Proposing a trade involving Ryan and White for Vick is not a valid point. It's so absurd that wishing thinking isn't stronger to describe. Delusional maybe appropriate here.

When the owner of the team has said repeatedly that Vick is not coming back, then signs a QB for 72 mil, and that QB performs better in a falcon uniform than Vick ever did, he's not coming back.

I really hope Vick keeps playing well....for 2 reasons:

1.) He's fun to watch.

2.) His continued good play will siphon off some more of Butt Boy, Schoolgirl-Crushing, Starry Eyed disciples who hang around here and send them over to the Eagirls MB.

Name one game in Vicks tenure as a player, starting QB or otherwise, that he has...

1. Come back from a 14 point lead and won...

2. Won a Game that matters...

1. He has never made a come back like that, look it up...he has lost every game in history once the opposing team is up 14 pts. Matt Ryan has how many times???

2. In each season Vick's teams, Eagles and Falcons, the team made the playoffs, the back up QB, Kolb and Shaub had to win 5-7 games for the team while Vick was on bench crying about something...

then Vick comes into the Playoffs and again, loses the biggest games of his career, Why???

Vick is talented, and fun to watch, but in the end of the day, will not amount to nothing...

he has never single handedly brought his team to the playoffs, never wins BIG Important Games, and

still misses the side of the barn with his passes...

Nope, with everything he has, he is not comparable to Matt Ryan.

Enough of the sour grapes, did you see the Eagles O-line last year?

We all know that MV7 is a superior QB to captain checkdown, and we all would love to have him back. But my question is this: what would it take to get him back? Ryan and White? I really just don't think we have the talent on our roster to make this dream deal possible. If you have any possible ideas please post.

Cheers,

SOD

I would trade you, and the girl i banged last night for MV7.

kevykev21 likes this

Wow the best player ever under center even when I was a fan I didn't think of him that high I mean I lost so much money on Vick it's ridiculous.

Every big game he whiifs. Dominant defensive lines own him. Just look how the eagles use to own him with Jevon kearse it was like he couldn't even make a play all game. He eats up bad teams but loses bad against the stronger defense's. Not that you even understand football Or can hold a legitimate conversation.