Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Spot On Dtan

Let's be honest here folks...

176 posts in this topic

"ignorance is bliss"

- Carlos Santana, 1823

Get educated u moron

I am quite educated actually, but there was no class in University that taught me how to understand bad english. Maybe if you would use your fingers to type and not your elbows, we might be able to get on the say page.

I am pretty sure dtan will be in the dome with his vickette jersey on cheerleading for the eagles cause he is that kind of fan, MATTIE ICE IS MY QB

so stop trolling.

We all know that MV7 is a superior QB to captain checkdown, and we all would love to have him back. But my question is this: what would it take to get him back? Ryan and White? I really just don't think we have the talent on our roster to make this dream deal possible. If you have any possible ideas please post.

Cheers,

SOD

No, we don't all know that. I'm very happy with Ryan, and many many other posters here are too.

You're confusing exciting with effective. Vick wouldn't have qualified for the playoffs without Kolb's wins. Vick won 8 games last year, lost to a couple of sub 500 teams, cost his team a playoff bye by losing to minn, led the league in fumbles, was too beat up by his style of play to be effective in the playoffs and threw a horrible pick to end the playoff game.

Ryan won 13 games, has never lost to a sub 500 team in his career, and had a bad game in the playoffs. Difference is, Vick's team gave him a chance to win, Ryan's didn't. Falcons D allowed 41 points, Eagles 21, Vick had to make one more big play to win the game, Ryan would have had to lead 4 more scoring drives to win. One play, 4 scoring drives, which is easier?

Not excusing Ryan's play, but if you blame the playoff loss strictly on Ryan, you have an agenda.

Lets compare the first three years of their respective careers:

Ryan 46 starts, 33-13, 10,068 yards,68 TDs, 30 TOs

Vick 21 starts, 12-8-1, 5627 yards, 30 TDs, 26 TOs

That includes Vick's Rushing yards and TDs

No one has ever won more games in his first 3 years than Ryan.

Here's my idea- I think you should enjoy your time here on the messageboard, because I don't think you'll be here very long.

No, we don't all know that. I'm very happy with Ryan, and many many other posters here are too.

You're confusing exciting with effective. Vick wouldn't have qualified for the playoffs without Kolb's wins. Vick won 8 games last year, lost to a couple of sub 500 teams, cost his team a playoff bye by losing to minn, led the league in fumbles, was too beat up by his style of play to be effective in the playoffs and threw a horrible pick to end the playoff game.

Ryan won 13 games, has never lost to a sub 500 team in his career, and had a bad game in the playoffs. Difference is, Vick's team gave him a chance to win, Ryan's didn't. Falcons D allowed 41 points, Eagles 21, Vick had to make one more big play to win the game, Ryan would have had to lead 4 more scoring drives to win. One play, 4 scoring drives, which is easier?

Not excusing Ryan's play, but if you blame the playoff loss strictly on Ryan, you have an agenda.

Here's my idea- I think you should enjoy your time here on the messageboard, because I don't think you'll be here very long.

Looky here folks. I don't really care about vick's first couple years. I care about now. And now, Vick is the better QB.

Looky here folks. I don't really care about vick's first couple years. I care about now. And now, Vick is the better QB.

yea about that.....no, not really...at all.

Just because he's better at turning the ball over does not make him a better qb.

Just because he's better at getting injured does not make him a better qb.

Just because he's better at not seeing the field does not make him a better qb.

get the picture

Here's my idea- I think you should enjoy your time here on the message board, because I don't think you'll be here very long.

I don't understand why you're bringing up stats and facts. This guy doesn't want to talk about football, he wants to stir the pot. I'm guessing he's a Saints fan, due to his limited vocabulary.

He ain't coming back.

And how, exactly was Vick a better QB? He was certainly spectacular. But he won 8 games, got 20% of his TDs in one game, lost to a couple of bad teams, still got confused by a corner blitz, faded at the end of the year and blew it in the playoffs. Can't see how that was any better than Ryans year. Certainly not enough to trade for a 31 year old ex-con who relies on his speed and is going to be more and more prone to injury.

You're going to say, well he was injured- if he'd played a full season.. Can't do that-reason he was injured was his style of play. He's missed time in every year except one:

02-won 8 games, missed a game, 1-3 to end the season, had to have help to get to the playoffs

04-won 11 games, missed a game, 2-2 last 4 games

05 won 8 games, missed a game, 2-6 last 8 games

06-won 7 games, missed 0 games, 2-7 last 9 games

10-won 8 games, missed 4, finished 0-2, had to have help to get to the playoffs

There's nothing in Vick's history, including last season that makes him a better QB than Ryan. He's certainly talented, but it doesn't translate into team success.

This board engages in the most group thought I have ever seen on a message board. Open your eyes people! Make your own decisions!

We all know that MV7 is a superior QB to captain checkdown, and we all would love to have him back. But my question is this: what would it take to get him back? Ryan and White? I really just don't think we have the talent on our roster to make this dream deal possible. If you have any possible ideas please post.

Cheers,

SOD

Here is my idea............Go suck a chicken fart !

CrimsonFalcon likes this

I'm starting to think this guy IS a moderator the way he's allowed to carry on. j/k

Seriously though, I'm not convinced it's just some random guy, but rather a veteran poster using another account to stir up trouble for S&G. I wish they would reveal all of the accounts sharing this IP.

Here is my idea............Go suck a chicken fart !

That is disgusting. Wash out you mouth with soap son. And if the only response you have to my superior arguments is vulgarities, I am obviously right.

Antonio Montana and falcon70 like this

This board engages in the most group thought I have ever seen on a message board. Open your eyes people! Make your own decisions!

So if I agree with you does that mean you made my decision? Seriously you are entitled to your opinion but the least you could do is provide some kind of arguement (facts, stats, etc.) to back up your rediculous claims.

Oh and btw just because the majority of the people have come to the same conclusion doesn't mean its a group mentality. The whole world agrees that Hitler was a world class ***** does that count as group thought.

coachx likes this

So if I agree with you does that mean you made my decision? Seriously you are entitled to your opinion but the least you could do is provide some kind of arguement (facts, stats, etc.) to back up your rediculous claims.

Oh and btw just because the majority of the people have come to the same conclusion doesn't mean its a group mentality. The whole world agrees that Hitler was a world class ***** does that count as group thought.

Fallacy ahoy

"ignorance is bliss"

- Carlos Santana, 1823

Get educated u moron

That's a COC violation. Anyone can report this by going to your original post and hitting the report button in the bottom left-hand corner of your post. But that may get you banned, so not sure why anyone would want to do that to you....B)

Fallacy ahoy

What kind of fallacy is it when you make unwarranted assumptions about a group or propose things that have no chance of coming true?

Oh, and he's not coming back.

Just because I think you are an idiot and everyone else thinks you are an idiot, does not mean it is a group thought. We all came to that conclusion on our own accord.

Cheers,

SOD

Man, you know you opened up a can of **** whenever you bring up MV7. But I'm with you though.

Maybe SOD is MV7... would explain a lot. MV7 never was very bright....

Notice the "Cheers" at the end? It's gotta be Gorilla Antology.

Man, you know you opened up a can of **** whenever you bring up MV7. But I'm with you though.

Nice to see not every one here is a Ryan homer