Unknøwn

Tuesday, May 24, 7:05 PM ET, PNC Park

Jair Jurrjens, RHP (5-1, 1.80)

Charlie Morton, RHP (5-1, 2.62)

Wednesday, May 25, 12:35 PM ET, PNC Park

Mike Minor, LHP (0-1, 10.38)

James McDonald, RHP (3-3, 5.51)

Game 1 notes:

Through no fault of his own, Jurrjens suffered his first loss of the season Thursday in Arizona. Jurrjens gave up two runs on eight hits in 6 2/3 innings, but received no support. He's 1-3 with 3.13 ERA in four career starts vs. Pittsburgh

Morton's former teammates in Atlanta won't recognize the right-hander, who has remade himself since last season. The Braves can expect to see a heavy dose of sinkers from Morton, who is coming off his second career shutout.

Game 2 notes:

The Braves plan to call up the left-handed Minor from Triple-A Gwinnett for Wednesday's start in place of Tim Hudson. Minor is also scheduled to start against San Diego on May 31, when the Braves will need a fifth starter after a slew of off-days.

It took McDonald 30 pitches to become aggressive in his last start. Once he did, he was terrific. He showcased his best fastball of the year in the 6 2/3-inning outing and showed how good he can be when he doesn't nibble.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gritz

It goes without saying, we seriously need to take BOTH of these games.

We do, but with the way our offense is right now the best I can see is a split.

I have been wondering why Minor hasn't been spot starting over Teheran. I know everyone was anxious to see how he handled the big leagues, but I thought Minor did solid for us at the end of the year. Maybe I am thinking of someone else. Perhaps someone can shed some light on it for me. Has Minor been injured?

I have been wondering why Minor hasn't been spot starting over Teheran. I know everyone was anxious to see how he handled the big leagues, but I thought Minor did solid for us at the end of the year. Maybe I am thinking of someone else. Perhaps someone can shed some light on it for me. Has Minor been injured?

Nope, guess they just wanted to give Teheran a taste of the bigs, give him an idea of what he needs to work on at AAA.

Oh, and the Schafer for McLouth move is official. Nate placed on the 15-day DL, Jordan recalled.

Guest Gritz

Nope, guess they just wanted to give Teheran a taste of the bigs, give him an idea of what he needs to work on at AAA.

Oh, and the Schafer for McLouth move is official. Nate placed on the 15-day DL, Jordan recalled.

I'm really pulling for Schafer. I know a lot of that kid's problems were self-created, but I can't help but to pull for him.

Chalk it up to another boneheaded Freddi Gonzalez move. I know Teheran is the highly regarded, exciting prospect, but he wasn't ready and Minor is the smart choice to spot start for now.

I'm really pulling for Schafer. I know a lot of that kid's problems were self-created, but I can't help but to pull for him.

I like him too and I've always pulled for him. He should be an upgrade over Nate defensively(better arm, actually throws the ball, good range).

For the time being, we're probably gonna see Mather in CF with Hinske and Prado on the corners.

Guest Gritz

for the 2 games put prado at 2cd, hinske at lf, schafer at cf, and mather at rf. uggla gets a few days off to hopefully calm down and rest while the bench players get some good playing time

This^^

That sounds logical to me......Which is why Fredi probably won't do it.

Sometimes Fredi manages this team like his wife backed over his head in their driveway right before the game(s).

They pitched Minor at Gwinette when they knew they needed a spot start coming up. They intentionally went to Teheran, they could have skipped Minor's spot in the AAA rotation

He would have been pitching on too much rest. It was Teheran's turn, so why screw up the rotation down there?

for the 2 games put prado at 2cd, hinske at lf, schafer at cf, and mather at rf. uggla gets a few days off to hopefully calm down and rest while the bench players get some good playing time

BINGO!

Because Teheran wasn't ready and it resulted in 2 losses?

And I guess it wasn't Minor's fault that he pitched that game against the Brewers and walked the ballpark? I guess you missed that one huh?

BINGO!

And I guess it wasn't Minor's fault that he pitched that game against the Brewers and walked the ballpark? I guess you missed that one huh?

That was more of a result of Minor trying too hard to win back his #5 spot and choking. I think he would still give us a better chance to win than Teheran at this point. I'm not saying he is going to be better long term, because I don't think he will, but playing Teheran over Minor was another dumb Freddi Gonzalez move

That was more of a result of Minor trying too hard to win back his #5 spot and choking. I think he would still give us a better chance to win than Teheran at this point. I'm not saying he is going to be better long term, because I don't think he will, but playing Teheran over Minor was another dumb Freddi Gonzalez move

You wouldn't saying that had Teheran completely dominated which was totally possible. Stop acting like Teheran went out there and pulled a Jo-Jo Reyes. Teheran wasn't bad.

I like him too and I've always pulled for him. He should be an upgrade over Nate defensively(better arm, actually throws the ball, good range).

For the time being, we're probably gonna see Mather in CF with Hinske and Prado on the corners.

Schaffer will be the starting CF. It makes no sense to bring him up when he is the starter in AAA to sit on the bench. If that is the case they would have brought someone else up to ride the bench. Now we may see a platoon with Schaffer and Mather depending on whether the opposing SP is a righty or a lefty

Edited by Cable Guy

I completely agree. I cant defend his HGH, but his injury was just bad luck. I liked his potential and refuse to give up on him without him getting a fair shot.

Go get'em Schaf. Prove you belong and take your job back.