Is Charles Johnson worth making him the highest paid DE in Football

Peppers was a 30 year old with a questionable work ethic. Johnson is a 24 year old hard worker. There is simply no comparison.

You're honestly telling me you would rather have us sign Charles Johnson this year on our team over Peppers last year? And that you would pay Johnson more?

Peppers is as proven as they come. He's a freak athletically with incredible production. Peppers has had 6 season with over 10.5 sacks, Johnson has had one. Not to mention peppers averages close to 4 turnovers per season.

So yeah, you're right, there is no comparison.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're honestly telling me you would rather have us sign Charles Johnson this year on our team over Peppers last year? And that you would pay Johnson more?

Peppers is as proven as they come. He's a freak athletically with incredible production. Peppers has had 6 season with over 10.5 sacks, Johnson has had one. Not to mention peppers averages close to 4 turnovers per season.

Yes. Peppers is lazy. And old.

If you want to win now, you got to get great players no matter what and he is what we need. We dont have time to hope for development anymore at the DE position.

I am all for development when there is actual progress like in the case of Biermann but all of other young talent seem to be stuck in neutral. We need a defense that can grab the momentum back in a playoff game. Look at the Ravens/Steelers playoff game. Every elite offense/suspect defense was one and done last year. To me it was very clear that if we were going to give up so much in the draft we would probably see a large FA move for defense.

There's a reason why Charles Johnson did something for the Panthers that Peppers couldn't do........ get at least 1 sack in 5 consecutive games. The guy goes all out, every game. Peppers' just didn't, and still doesn't, even for the Bears.

I'll give ya the Turnovers, those were normally huge. That's why in the 10% of the time that he actually gives it his all, he's by far the best DE in the league.

If anybody answers yes to this or even considers saying yes, you're extremely stupid and I'm glad you don't have TD's job. He isn't even worth half the highest paid contract for a DE in the NFL. He had one solid year, THAT'S IT. He is going to get overpaid, and I really hope it's not by us.

I agree with this.

LOL! Lets not get carried away...Johnson is a second tier Starting defensive end. He is not on the same level with an Abraham type Defensive end.

I was talking about Peppers.. In the 10% of the time when Peppers is actually giving it his all, he is just plain beastly, and I think easily the best DE in the league, when he gives it his all. Which is sadly, not even half the time

Edited by 08NFCSChamps

Some of these dudes are idiots man. Julius Peppers is a borderline HOFer and a freakish athlete. Then again these are the same fools that think that Matt Ryan is a top 5 QB.

We will have a better football team than the Panthers period. And your defense isn't much better than your offense. Your entire team aside from a few and I mean a few players are horrible.

So, do you believe the Falcons defense will be better than the Panthers defense this upcoming season?

I mean, overall defense, the Falcons were just ranked 2 spots higher than the Panthers last season. That's with a lame duck coach, several injuries to key players, and the fact that they seemed to spend 75% of each game on the field, causing them to get tire out late in the season and an offense that kept giving up pick 6's, or turning the ball over within their own 10 yard line.

Edited by 08NFCSChamps

The guy isn't far from what getting Nnamdi would mean as far as free agents go he's 24 and Nnamdi 30 when you compare those two things and the Johnson is if not the most complete DE in the NFL he would rival any other of the guys he's an well above average pass rusher and is maybe the best run stopper to and with 81 QB disruptions than means he was pretty much in the back field almost every play then you throw in he'll have Babs and Abraham on the other side to keep doubles away this guy could lead the league in sacks if he came to the Falcons I think he'd end up with 11-12 but wouldn't be that shocked if he got 15 or more

Watched the second Falcon-Panther game yesterday and Clabo owed him all game long. I don't even think that he made a tackle in that game and certainly didn't get close to Ryan. So no way!

who did clabo give up 5 pressures to then? the rookies?

Edited by Rai

If anybody answers yes to this or even considers saying yes, you're extremely stupid and I'm glad you don't have TD's job. He isn't even worth half the highest paid contract for a DE in the NFL. He had one solid year, THAT'S IT. He is going to get overpaid, and I really hope it's not by us.

I can agree to an extent, but considering his age, getting Johnson would be potentially winning the Power Ball Lottery. Most free agents come out around 27 or older with wear and tear. CJ is only 24.

With CJ you have a player who has shown he can play in the NFL but with the age of a rookie. CJ would be great for the short and long term. Getting players this good at such a young age is extremely rare for FA.

I say you take the risk with a guy who's best years are still ahead of him. Plus you weaken a divisional opponent simultaneously.

Edited by Aria7