Matty Ice? NOPE

Matt Ryan has also developed this reputation for being cool and calm under pressure executing the 2 minute drill to perfection, even gaining the nickname “Matty Ice” for his efforts late in games. However, this could not be further from the truth. Ryan has played terrible in the 2 minute offense. Last year with 2 minutes left in either half, Ryan was 41/81 (50.6%) for 446 yards (5.5 YPA), 5 TDs, 4 INTs, and a whopping QB Rtg of 67.2. Joe Flacco actually deserves that reputation. He was splendid operating the 2 minute drill last year. He posted a QB Rtg of 96.1 in the final 2 minutes of either half, throwing for 5 TDs and 1 INT on 51 attempts. Flacco was the more opportune QB overall. He was overall better in the 4th quarter than Ryan and was a bit better when playing from behind.

Matty Ice huh?

:lol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to remember how many comeback wins he had last season. We won so many games with him at the helm it's hard to remember how many were comebacks though.

I know, that tremendous performance at home after two weeks off when it really mattered was amazing.

You understand that his YPC is by far one of the worst we've seen in league history? You understand that he's as soft as a cotton ball when it really matters?

If noodle was as good as you think then the GM would feel it necessary to trade 14 picks for a WR. Real elite QB's can work with scraps. The Colts never made a desperate trade to get a WR because they know Manning can make anyone fantastic.

Major point you homers fail to realize, noodle doesn't make anyone better. He just manages the game, noodle is not a game-changer.

Interesting you bring Freeman up. Here's his stats before each half:

28/54 (51.8%) for 349 yards (6.46 YPA), 5 TDs, 2 INTs, with a rating of 87.6

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who cares about before each half? Are you serious. Matt Ryan's come from behind stats and record are off the charts. Dude...Flacco? Freeman? C'mon. Didn't we own Baltimore last year? What was their record? That's right. What was the Falcons with Matt Ryan gaining his nickname? Oh, that's right 13-3...thanks for playing. Goodbye.

Edited by alexander1.9.71

I know, that tremendous performance at home after two weeks off when it really mattered was amazing.

You understand that his YPC is by far one of the worst we've seen in league history? You understand that he's as soft as a cotton ball when it really matters?

If noodle was as good as you think then the GM would feel it necessary to trade 14 picks for a WR. Real elite QB's can work with scraps. The Colts never made a desperate trade to get a WR because they know Manning can make anyone fantastic.

Major point you homers fail to realize, noodle doesn't make anyone better. He just manages the game, noodle is not a game-changer.

You realize he was 2-0 against your sucks last season? His playoff game was a bad one, but at least he's actually been there, more than your QB can say. You're right about Manning though, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark.... he works with garbage

You sure you want to use that argument, since our game manager has beaten your team 5 out of 6 times (well, 4 out of 5 depending on your view)? D*mn, wonder what we could do with a real QB against you!

Edited by BCEagleATLFalcon

Guest Gritz

Being serious for a moment, why are you here?

If your goal is simply to pizz people off, that's probably only working on those who are as mentally challenged as you are. The rest of us just tolerate and point at you.....

Which brings me to my second point. If you are trying to be funny there simply isn't enough cleverness or originality in any of your posts to elicit even a smile from anyone.

If you're here to change anyone's mind about the Falcons you're simply an idiot. It's a Falcon message board slick. The verdict's in. We like our team.

You're not even an irritant anymore. You're just part of the furniture.

Like probably everything else in your life you have majestically failed at whatever you are trying to achieve here also.

:P

bahahahahaha...dude you're a fu**ing moron. Roddy's been looking pretty good the past 3 years. Do you watch football or just bit** constatntly like a little girl over nothing? We traded for that receiver because Matt Ryan is that good and we need to give him more weapons. What team are you watching.

You realize he was 2-0 against your sucks last season? His playoff game was a bad one, but at least he's actually been there, more than your QB can say. You're right about Manning though, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark.... he works with garbage

Not surprising you missed the point.

highest pick there was #24 in the first. The Colts can use Austin Collie and Peirre Garcon because they know Manning makes everyone better. TD trades 10 draft picks for 1 WR because he knows noodle needs all the help he can get.

Who cares about before each half? Are you serious. Matt Ryan's come from behind stats and record are off the charts. Dude...Flacco? Freeman? C'mon. Didn't we own Baltimore last year? What was their record? That's right. What was the Falcons with Matt Ryan gaining his nickname? Oh, that's right 13-3...thanks for playing. Goodbye.

How many playoff wins does noodle have compared to Flacco?

Oh that's right :lol: :lol:

You homers are all the same, blind to reality and think noodle walks on water. Have fun with that mess under center.

We traded for that receiver because Matt Ryan is that good and we need to give him more weapons.

Just listen to yourself for a second. If your QB is that good then there is no reason to trade premium picks and a bunch of them for 1 WR. It's not necessary. Keep telling yourself the reason is because noodle is "so good" because if that is the reason then TD is a biggest idiot than I even realized.

How many playoff wins does noodle have compared to Flacco?

Oh that's right :lol: :lol:

You homers are all the same, blind to reality and think noodle walks on water. Have fun with that mess under center.

last I checked Flaccos stats in those playoffs games wern't great. Not saying Flacco is bad but it's obvious those games were won because of any other reason but Flaccos game.

Hey guys! Not sure if you have the same problem as me.....not being able to please my wife (well, most of you probably CAN please my wife, but that's another story). Back to my point....here's something you should consider. A buccaneer *****! My fat wife appreciates it and isn't too concerned anymore about my "short"comings since I broke this out. It's good for me too since the fan part keeps me cool between her tremendous thunder-thighs.

35-76208-m.jpg

Uh....TMI playa.

I talked about this on another MB.. Matt Ryan worse quarter by far is the 2nd quarter...

The problem with this post... its talking about the end of the 1st half and end of the 2nd half (aka clutch time) .

Im the 4th quarter (clutch time) Matt Ryan is 63.8% 7 TD's, and 3 ints... Peyton Manning 4th quarter 64.2% 8 TD's, and 4 ints... Tom Brady 4th quarter 64.7% 9 TD's, and 2 ints... Joe Flacco 4th quarter 63.2% 4 TD's, and 2 ints

The problem with the OP snippet he put up... Its counting the end of the 2n quarter as clutch... Its good to end the 1st half on a good note but its not a clutch moment.

The problem with the OP snippet he put up... Its counting the end of the 2n quarter as clutch... Its good to end the 1st half on a good note but its not a clutch moment.

It's also nice not to have your QB kill your team's momentum going into the half.

All I do is win win win no matter what!

Matt Ryan when the Falcons were behind in a game - 63% completion, 13 TD's to only 4 INT's, and a 97+ QB Rating. On third down, 104+ QB Rating, 63% completion, 15 TD's to only 4 INT's.

He comes through when we need points. As demonstrated by his 33-12 regular season record :-) What's Flacco's and Freeman's stats when their teams are losing?

I talked about this on another MB.. Matt Ryan worse quarter by far is the 2nd quarter...

The problem with this post... its talking about the end of the 1st half and end of the 2nd half (aka clutch time) .

Im the 4th quarter (clutch time) Matt Ryan is 63.8% 7 TD's, and 3 ints... Peyton Manning 4th quarter 64.2% 8 TD's, and 4 ints... Tom Brady 4th quarter 64.7% 9 TD's, and 2 ints... Joe Flacco 4th quarter 63.2% 4 TD's, and 2 ints

good post