For those crucifying me for having a problem with a team because of the fanbase:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not seeing the connection... Don't like the Atlanta Falcons fan base? Atlanta Falcons message boards are probably not a place to hang out. I think it's time for your mom to tuck you into bed and give you a warm bottle...lol

Edited by canadianatlfalcon

Not seeing the connection... Don't like the Atlanta Falcons fan base? Atlanta Falcons message boards are probably not a place to hang out....

I'm not "hanging out" anywhere. I'm chillin here at home and saying whatever the **** I want. That's what the internet is all about. Maybe my statements were a sign that those that actually live in Atlanta need to stop being a bunch of panzies and step up. Show up to the games, make some **** noise.

I'm not "hanging out" anywhere. I'm chillin here at home and saying whatever the **** I want. That's what the internet is all about. Maybe my statements were a sign that those that actually live in Atlanta need to stop being a bunch of panzies and step up. Show up to the games, make some **** noise.

???? :mellow:

What is your damage little boy?

37325-25514.gif

Here's the link to the thread you're talking about:

Where are you being crucified in that thread?

All I see are people pointing out the flawed logic you were using. Blazer falcon may have gone a little overboard, but that's his style and that's only one person. Everybody else was saying, well, if you're going to stop rooting for a team because it has fairweather fans, then:

1. That makes you a fairweather fan

2. Bye

Don't see persecution there, just responses.

All I see are people pointing out the flawed logic you were using. Blazer falcon may have gone a little overboard, but that's his style and that's only one person. Everybody else was saying, well, if you're going to stop rooting for a team because it has fairweather fans, then:

2. Bye

Good point, +1, and suck it FlyHigh

2. Bye

I remember this thread. He's fairweather for sure and I had the last post in it:

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:29 PM

View PostmiKevicK777, on 24 April 2011 - 12:10 PM, said:

as long as falcons have a few fans that are unconditionally committed to the falons, im fine.

i think michael vick drew a lot of people in that just wanted to watch a flashy quarterback and when he left alot of people either left or still have not become true falcons fans.

i firmly believe with the personell we have right now with smitty, TD, and ryan, we're going to be getting alot more real permanent fans, not people that consider jumping ship because of something that has nothing to do with the team itself.

OP is crying for attention but him bringing up the topic of the fans is a cause for debate.

If everyone was honest with themselves and rate this fan base compared to the other 31 teams we would probably be in the bottom five if not worse.

You get fans with attractiveness (short term) and playoff wins consistently (long term). The point you brought up about Vick is correct. Vick brought in crowds we haven't had in a while and we gained a lot of new fans. Even non-Falcon fans would tune in to see that exciting offense (Well Vick anyways). When he left, so did the excitement, and then a good bit the fans we gained from having a super star.

Now the team we have has potential to solidify a fan-base but the way we are built now, it's going to take years of playoff success to achieve this. The saint's have a lot of bandwagon fans that jumped on during the Super Bowl run but they had an exciting offense that allowed them to draw in a new fans prior to that run. We have one of the most boring teams in the league so it's going to be hard to bring in fans early and often. Just look at Denver last year when they brought in Tebow, that's a good indicator of what happens when you have star power. Star Power = enthusiasm and a bigger more involved fan base.

I love this team but our fan base is not as deep or enthusiastic as many others. We don't play exciting football and have no super stars so we absolutely need to win in the playoffs consistently to have our base out in full force for years to come.

Guest Gritz

To be serious for a moment I honestly don't see why this should be a concern for anyone.

Are our egos so fragile individually or collectively as a group of Falcon fans that it really matters how we are perceived by other fans or the sports media?

I'm very safe and secure in the knowledge that I am a hardcore, dyed in the wool Falcon fan.

It doesn't matter to me at all if others choose to believe or refute that.

To be serious for a moment I honestly don't see why this should be a concern for anyone.

Are our egos so fragile individually or collectively as a group of Falcon fans that it really matters how we are perceived by other fans or the sports media?

I'm very safe and secure in the knowledge that I am a hardcore, dyed in the wool Falcon fan.

It doesn't matter to me at all if others choose to believe or refute that.

+1 I've been a Falcon fan for over 44 years now - I think I've become numb to what others think. Those are my birds - win or lose - and I'll be there til I can't be any more.

Here's the link to the thread you're talking about:http://life.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3919047-flyhigh-breaks-the-silence-and-boycott/Where are you being crucified in that thread?All I see are people pointing out the flawed logic you were using. Blazer falcon may have gone a little overboard, but that's his style and that's only one person. Everybody else was saying, well, if you're going to stop rooting for a team because it has fairweather fans, then:1. That makes you a fairweather fan2. ByeDon't see persecution there, just responses.

I know you're a post digging phenom, but how in the hail did you find this post with the search feature being turned off?

Let me know cause I am trying to find a thread I created months ago about the Final 2010 Defensive Rankings.

Or maybe you can dig it up for me. :lol:

lalallalallalallalalallalallala

oooh look at me everybody...i hate you.. so look at me... why are you looking at me losers... hey everybody look at me... stop looking at me you bunch of idiots....jeeez..... hey wait look at me... lalalallalalallalala...HEY EVERYBODY COME SEE HOW GOOD I LOOK.. hey stop looking at me.. lalallalalalla... i like football... lalalalalalal ... but I hate all the players and the teams and the fans... lalalal.. look at me everyone... lalalala

best wishes

revrndzombii

not enough of the REAL fan base goes to the games at the dome....

too many 1/2 azzed fans do not arrive 30 minutes before the game starts....

too many 1/2 azzed fans leave before the game is over....

GB Fans, Bear Fans, etc are better fans... ATL will never have the true fans like those and other similar teams

pffft... many of the ATL fans stood and cheered for You Know Who - and will do it again when the Iggles come to the dome...