Jones with teammates

Julio Jones already training with teammates

No. 6 overall pick Julio Jones has reportedly already begun working out with Matt Ryan and his Falcons teammates.

We knew that trade was worth it. The workouts were organized by special teamer Coy Wire and tackle Tyson Clabo at a private facility in Atlanta. Not only is it a good sign that Jones is being aggressive about assimilating onto his new team, it's great news that he's able to work out after offseason foot surgery. Ryan is comparing Jones to a more physical version of Roddy White

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/204306/julio-jones-already-training-with-teammates

(my first post!)

I've been trolling TATF boards for quite a long time.. finally decided to post..

I'm absolutely ecstatic that JJ's work ethic is starting to show already. Couldn't have been a better move by the Falcons to jump up and grab him in the draft, regardless of what all the critics say.

I'm a die hard GA fan, and I honestly think AJ will have some issues transitioning into the NFL, where as I think JJ will fit in from day one. (And no, I wouldn't be saying the opposite if the Falcons drafted Green instead of JJ)

(my first post!)

I've been trolling TATF boards for quite a long time.. finally decided to post..

I'm absolutely ecstatic that JJ's work ethic is starting to show already. Couldn't have been a better move by the Falcons to jump up and grab him in the draft, regardless of what all the critics say.

I'm a die hard GA fan, and I honestly think AJ will have some issues transitioning into the NFL, where as I think JJ will fit in from day one. (And no, I wouldn't be saying the opposite if the Falcons drafted Green instead of JJ)

good first post amigo ..welcome, we need some more traffic here right now ......

Gonna be a thing of beauty man, when have we EVER been this loaded on offense ? ......Mularkey better start getting creative !....

Thinking back, no. Not even with Bartkowski or Chris Miller was our offense this loaded. We usually had a good RB and a Good WR. Right now, we have a rookie phenom WR, a pro Bowl WR, RB, FB, a HOF TE, with a franchise QB getting them the ball. It's awesome. If Mularkey can't do anything with this offense, he needs to think about a new profession.

Thinking back, no. Not even with Bartkowski or Chris Miller was our offense this loaded. We usually had a good RB and a Good WR. Right now, we have a rookie phenom WR, a pro Bowl WR, RB, FB, a HOF TE, with a franchise QB getting them the ball. It's awesome. If Mularkey can't do anything with this offense, he needs to think about a new profession.

That's what I'm thinking .....Mularkey got no excuses now to not open things up WIDE .......so much we can do ....god I hope there is football, I feel like we are getting fked by the fickle finger of fate .....after all these years of suffering, now that we have a consistent winner and a loaded team, they want to shut it down ......why could this have not happened in the David Archer era, instead of NOW ........... :ph34r:

(my first post!)

Clearly, since you knew you'd have to defend your comments about AJ and being a UGA fan. :lol:

That's what I'm thinking .....Mularkey got no excuses now to not open things up WIDE .......so much we can do ....god I hope there is football, I feel like we are getting fked by the fickle finger of fate .....after all these years of suffering, now that we have a consistent winner and a loaded team, they want to shut it down ......why could this have not happened in the David Archer era, instead of NOW ........... :ph34r:

preach! i feel sorry for the NFC south's secondaries..better yet the whole NFC south's defenses! like u said i can not recall ever having an offense that can run the ball, suck the defense in, and air it out with 3 offenses weapons. TG= mismatch against OLB's/SS, and you cant double team two WRs! :)

If we can't give the QB the time to get the ball out - and the WR time to run the route - we'll still be seeing the short to intermediate quick release throws.

Put the missing link on the OL - and this offense will truly explode.

Right now - Mularkey has to call more for protection scheming than anything.

If we can't give the QB the time to get the ball out - and the WR time to run the route - we'll still be seeing the short to intermediate quick release throws.

Bingo

preach! i feel sorry for the NFC south's secondaries..better yet the whole NFC south's defenses! like u said i can not recall ever having an offense that can run the ball, suck the defense in, and air it out with 3 offenses weapons. TG= mismatch against OLB's/SS, and you cant double team two WRs! :)

This O will be alot like what Warner and the Cards had a couple years ago, except our running game will be much better than what they had.....JJ and Roddy = Fitz/Boldin, Holt/Bruce, Moss/Carter, etc. ........more I think about it the more I love it ....... :lol:

So........who gets the most pass attempts, White or Julio? When Julio has 15 TD receptions and White has 2...how long before the "get me the ball" syndrome kicks in? Will White be that? I don't know......

Something the Bucs wont have to ponder for atleast another decade :lol:

Goop point.

Great leaders in all respects will try to anticipate what their opponents will do against them. Where I a Falcon opponent, I would conclude that the best way to neutralize or limit Turner, White, Gonzalez and Jones is to attack the one person that will distribute them the ball...Ryan. This is what the Giants did against the undefeated Patriots in the Super Bowl. Their game-plan was to attack Brady.

We'd better anticipate the same at make sure our OL is ready for the inevitable challenge it is about to face.

Goop point.

Great leaders in all respects will try to anticipate what their opponents will do against them. Where I a Falcon opponent, I would conclude that the best way to neutralize or limit Turner, White, Gonzalez and Jones is to attack the one person that will distribute them the ball...Ryan. This is what the Giants did against the undefeated Patriots in the Super Bowl. Their game-plan was to attack Brady.

We'd better anticipate the same at make sure our OL is ready for the inevitable challenge it is about to face.

Baker got to get his sheet together , big time ........ :ph34r:

Whoa yall. I know many hate Inspector Gadget, but many more things have to happen in order for this offense to get to the level we want to see. Here are a few:

1. Smitty has to give in on the run first power option persona a little bit

2. Mularkey has to mix it up more

3. Ryan has to get out of lock on mode with Roddy and TonyG

4. The Oline has to pass protect better

5. The Oline has to play much better against good defenses

6. Ryan and MM have to call some first option plays to our 3rd, 4th and 5th options

7. Ryan must throw a much better deep ball

8. Roddy, Turner and TonyG can't start crying about getting targeted less

9. HD has to catch more than 43% of his targets

10. The defense has to get off the field more if the offense gets pass happier

Did I miss anything?

Whoa yall. I know many hate Inspector Gadget, but many more things have to happen in order for this offense to get to the level we want to see. Here are a few:

6. Ryan and MM have to call some first option plays to our 3rd, 4th and 5th options

Did I miss anything?

Yeah, when we see 8 in the box, audible to a pass. Quit beating our heads againsta brick wall for a 2 yd gain.

But I guess that can fall under #2. It hurts to agree, but the truth is the truth.

I clearly remember everyone saying this before last season started as well... We were pretty underwhelming in the end...

Dont count the chickens...

You mean like this:

Julio Jones already training with teammates

No. 6 overall pick Julio Jones has reportedly already begun working out with Matt Ryan and his Falcons teammates.

We knew that trade was worth it. The workouts were organized by special teamer Coy Wire and tackle Tyson Clabo at a private facility in Atlanta. Not only is it a good sign that Jones is being aggressive about assimilating onto his new team, it's great news that he's able to work out after offseason foot surgery. Ryan is comparing Jones to a more physical version of Roddy White

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/204306/julio-jones-already-training-with-teammates

After ONE unofficial "practice", we knew the trade was worth it? What exactly are you smoking on Orlando? We didn't draft Julio at #6 to practice. We drafted him to make a difference in games which he has yet to have the chance to do. Until he has that opportunity we don't have a clue if the trade was worth it or not, it is all speculation. Something that professional journalists shouldn't indulge too much in...but then we are talking about the AJC, so...

He should have finished that tweet and story off with this smiley: Awesome_Face.png

FTR, I do like the trade, I think Julio is going to be a huge piece for us and a game-changer. Also, unlike the fake UGA fan above who obviously didn't watch a single game A.J. played (welcome to the board though!), I realize that as a pure receiver A.J. is better (his hands and body control are the best there has ever been) and will have no more difficult a transition than any other elite rookie, HOWEVER Julio is the better overall athlete and fit for this team and is more along the lines of what we needed. Cincy backing out of the trade they had already agreed to might just be a blessing in disguise for us by getting us, not the better WR, but the better one for our team and better all-around athlete. It is up to our coaches, whom I have all faith in, to make him the better WR.

Edited by Nicolae

Did I miss anything?

Not that you missed anything - but I responded to them anyway (lol)

1. While I don't think Smitty or Mularkey want to stop being a power running team - and frankly - I don't want us to be - I feel we have become more balanced in our offense as they have more faith in Ryan - 2008 = Rush (55.4%) Pass (42.9%); 2009 = Rush (43.3%) Pass (54.4%); 2010 = Rush (45.3%) Pass (52.6%). While the difference in 2009 could be questioned because of Turner being out so much with injury - the trend continued in 2010 - and I see that trend moving in the same direction for a while.

2. Mularkey has the ability to mix it up - but I think he has to call the plays in the best way to protect the QB or take pressure off of him by throwing the run in even more. Get a great OL there that can hold the pocket more than 1.5 to 2 seconds - and he'll increase the play schematics. We know he can - he did it in Pittsburgh.

3. I think this also goes back to having 2 or less seconds to dump the ball off. This doesn't give him the time to make all the reads - so he determines his move before the ball is even snapped - and then has to get it out quick to the 2 guys he trusts the most. Having Julio there will help tremendously with this. Having Harry back healthy will as well. When he got Jenkins back - he used him a lot last year.

4. Biggest problem we have. We are constantly in rush, protect mode - which stifles the big plays and explosive plays on the offense.

5. Amen.

6. Give them a little time to develop those options. I'd absolutely love to see this happen more.

7. You go to the games, right? You've seen him in warm ups - he can throw an amazing deep ball. That's without a 270lb football player in mid air aiming for your gut, though. Again - give the guy another 1/2 to 1 second average - and those deep balls will look much better. When throwing under extreme pressure all the time - and having to release the ball before the route runner is ready - he has to try to compensate - make it hang a little. That accounts for a lot of those poorly thrown deep passes. I only say this because I've seen them without the added pressure - and he makes those throws - again and again and again. Give the kid 3 seconds to make a throw - and he'll murderize 'em.

8. I don't see this happening at all. This has been discussed in many interviews - they don't cry and whine about getting the ball - they are about making the touchdowns and getting the wins. That is the type of player that they want on this team, that they target on this team and that they kept intact from the team they took over. This is not even something I worry about. They were saying the same thing when we brought Tony G. in - didn't happen then - not going to happen now.

9. HD was coming off major knee surgery - and it was year 1 after recovery. Barring further injury - I believe he will break out this year and show us that ability we saw the potential for in year 1.

10. Biggest question we have. What moves do we make in FA to shore up the defense? How will those young guys bring it this year? That being said - I don't think our clock control ways stop - we just add some explosiveness to the mix.