Limbaugh: 'Thank God for President Obama' By: CNN's Rebecca Stewart

CNN

Washington (CNN)- Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh first heaped praise upon President Obama only to then qualify his remarks during his syndicated daily show Monday after saying, "Thank God for President Obama."

In a veiled critique, Limbaugh first praised Obama's role in the operation against Osama bin Laden, but later turned sarcastically critical.

"I, me, my, three of the most used words in President Obama's media appearance last night, not a single intelligence adviser, not a single national security adviser, military adviser, came up with the idea...not one of them... according to Obama, had the ability to understand the need to get DNA. This was Obama's message last night," Limbaugh said.

He credited Obama with continuing the "Bush policies" of keeping a military presence in the Middle East and refusing to "scrub the mission to get bin Laden" early in his program.

"Ladies and gentleman, we need to open the program today by congratulating President Obama," he said. "President Obama has done something extremely effective, and when he does, this needs to be pointed out."

And Limbaugh seemingly gushed about the commander-in-chief's competency following what he called the "assassination" of Osama bin Laden Sunday.

"You see the military wanted to go in there and bomb, like they always do…But President Obama, perhaps the only qualified member in the room to deal with this, insisted on the special forces," he explained.

"Our military wanted to go in there and just scorch the earth leaving no evidence of anything after the mission. But President Obama single-handedly understood what was at stake here. He alone understood the need to get DNA to prove the death, Obama alone understood the aftermath."

According to Limbaugh, Obama's success must be linked to former President George W. Bush.

"We need to never forget that President Obama deserves praise for continuing the policies established by George W. Bush which led to the learning, the acquisition of this intel that led us to the enlarged hut in Pakistan that led to the assassination of bin Laden last night," he declared.

"Thank God for President Obama. If he had not been there, who knows what would've happened."

;)

CNN

Washington (CNN)- Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh first heaped praise upon President Obama only to then qualify his remarks during his syndicated daily show Monday after saying, "Thank God for President Obama."

In a veiled critique, Limbaugh first praised Obama's role in the operation against Osama bin Laden, but later turned sarcastically critical.

"I, me, my, three of the most used words in President Obama's media appearance last night, not a single intelligence adviser, not a single national security adviser, military adviser, came up with the idea...not one of them... according to Obama, had the ability to understand the need to get DNA. This was Obama's message last night," Limbaugh said.

He credited Obama with continuing the "Bush policies" of keeping a military presence in the Middle East and refusing to "scrub the mission to get bin Laden" early in his program.

"Ladies and gentleman, we need to open the program today by congratulating President Obama," he said. "President Obama has done something extremely effective, and when he does, this needs to be pointed out."

And Limbaugh seemingly gushed about the commander-in-chief's competency following what he called the "assassination" of Osama bin Laden Sunday.

"You see the military wanted to go in there and bomb, like they always do…But President Obama, perhaps the only qualified member in the room to deal with this, insisted on the special forces," he explained.

"Our military wanted to go in there and just scorch the earth leaving no evidence of anything after the mission. But President Obama single-handedly understood what was at stake here. He alone understood the need to get DNA to prove the death, Obama alone understood the aftermath."

According to Limbaugh, Obama's success must be linked to former President George W. Bush.

"We need to never forget that President Obama deserves praise for continuing the policies established by George W. Bush which led to the learning, the acquisition of this intel that led us to the enlarged hut in Pakistan that led to the assassination of bin Laden last night," he declared.

"Thank God for President Obama. If he had not been there, who knows what would've happened."

;)

Sarcasm detection uber fail!

Remember "Operation Chaos"? How he tried to sabatouge the democratic primaries by pitting Obama and Hillary against each other?..The fact that both of them ended up working together in two of the highest offices in the nation and will get credit for taking down Bin Laden proves just how useless and irrelevant this guy is.. Everyone politician he endorses ends up losing.. (McCain was his absolute last choice) I wish the left would stop pretending that he's such a boogie man...

Sarcasm detection uber fail!

I think everyone understand Rush is being sarcastic. It's just, given his past animosity toward Obama and after claiming how soft he would be on terrorism, it's time some of these guys put aside the sarcasm, admit they were wrong(!) and say " good job, Mr. President" in a heartfelt manner. And the truth is, these guys would rather Osama bin Laden still be alive than for him to be killed under Obama's watch.

CNN

;)

That's pretty funny right there. I watched the speech and even I noticed how many times Obama said me, my, I, etc... Limbaugh had a point with that.

Booo! You would have been better off to say Stevie Wonder. You know "i just called to say I love you. I just called to say how much j care..." ? You're sliPPin, PP.

Had Stevie Wonder wrote " Ironic" I would have quoted him. :P But I doubt he would have really called after seeing your post.....

You and I paid taxes to fund the CIA and the military, and voted into office the people who set national policy on how to utilize those entities.

There was a president in office nearly ten years back who promised that Bin Laden would some day be found, and then built an anti-terror machine, and stuck to it.

There was a president in office since 2009 who maintained the fight against terrorists, and when it was discovered that Bin Laden was located, gave the order to carry out his killing.

There was a person working in an ordinance and ammo plant who years ago crimped the jacket around the round that zipped through Osama's head.

There was a company in Utah that manufactured uniforms for a flight instructor in Kentucky who trained the pilots who delivered onto the Pakistan compound the man who shot the round that popped Bin Laden's skull off.

If you want to credit anyone for the Eternal Evil Coward Osama Bin Laden now being shark sh!t, credit

AMERICA

You and I paid taxes to fund the CIA and the military, and voted into office the people who set national policy on how to utilize those entities.

There was a president in office nearly ten years back who promised that Bin Laden would some day be found, and then built an anti-terror machine, and stuck to it.

There was a president in office since 2009 who maintained the fight against terrorists, and when it was discovered that Bin Laden was located, gave the order to carry out his killing.

There was a person working in an ordinance and ammo plant who years ago crimped the jacket around the round that zipped through Osama's head.

There was a company in Utah that manufactured uniforms for a flight instructor in Kentucky who trained the pilots who delivered onto the Pakistan compound the man who shot the round that popped Bin Laden's skull off.

If you want to credit anyone for the Eternal Evil Coward Osama Bin Laden now being shark sh!t, credit

AMERICA

This should be on a billboard somewhere. I usually roll eyes when I read some of your posts but this is my favorite post of the year. +1