Holmgren Laughing At The Trade

Holmgren can laugh all he wants. He should be laughing that they took Phil Taylor in the 1st round and will be picking early again next year.

They did get more draft picks, but in all honesty, they should have drafted Julio for McCoy to throw too.

Oh well. They didn't. We did. Go Julio!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Care to tell me where Roddy was picked?

Tom Brady?

Ray Rice?

Brandon Marshall?

Drew Brees?

Antonio Gates?

Vincent Jackson?

Clay Matthews?

So you're saying these players are simply roster space? You are completely ignorant to how important draft picks are. This FO pimps building through the draft then dumps everything for a high bust probability position and one that will touch the ball maybe 7 times a game.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All right you got me. Maybe "any pick past 20" was a bit of an exaggeration. But the fact remains that we weren't going to get a significant ROSTER UPGRADE at 27. Or in the second round, or fourth. We got players, serviceable players, and they may even stay on the team and be special, we really never know until they suit up for Big-Boy Football.

And I can only assume our first for next year will be equally as high, if not #32.

Guest whitestain

Giving the Browns more draft picks is like giving Whitney more crack...does it really matter?

Guest whitestain

So because of that it's ok to give up your entire draft and next year's #1 for a #2 WR?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We had 6 draft picks...how did we give up our entire draft? :huh:

Why do people keep saying this?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/01/holmgren-calls-move-out-of-no-6-spot-kind-of-an-amazing-trade/

"The Atlanta Falcons wanted to move up in round one to get a big-play receiver. They tried to get to No. 4, so that they could add A.J. Green. The Bengals said, “No thanks.”

:lol: So Julio wasn't the first choice. They really wanted Green.

Holmgren: “The trade was kind of an amazing trade when you count it up. Next year we’ve got a one and a four and it’s what we needed.”

Translation: Man I can't believe those idiots gave up that much for a #2 WR.

Is there a receiver currently in the NFL for whom a team would or should give up two first-round draft picks, a second-round pick, and two fourth-round draft picks? Maybe Larry Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson.

Ummm, it's comical that anyone on here at this point can justify the nonsense of this move. After watching the anus pounding by the GB packers, Thomas "always trying and failing to be the smartest man in the room" Dimitroff thinks selling the farm for a #2 WR who has the dropsies is going to solve the atrocious defense and noodle-like soft mental QB.

He's done, this is one of the more laughable moves in NFL history. Yet some of you try and justify it. HILARIOUS :lol:

Holmgren has drafted more WR than any other GM in history I think.

Also, I think Colt would have much preferred Julio to Phil Taylor.

I don't agree with the move and if Julio Jones does not turn into the next Randy Moss than this is going to be a bad deal.

However, I really believe that this move will push Matt Ryan into that elite status. TD is basically forcing Matt Ryan to become the next Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

I think that was the purpose of this.

Wholeheartedly agree with this statement and opinion...

So drafting a player that pushes Matty Ice, the face of our franchise, into elite status is now a bad thing???

OHHHHH IIII SEEEEEE NOWWWWWWW

Your reading comprehension skills need polishing :)

I said i agree with both STATEMENT(as in he needs to be Moss or better and OPINION(as in i think it will make Ryan better also)

:rolleyes:

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

I don't agree with the move and if Julio Jones does not turn into the next Randy Moss than this is going to be a bad deal.

However, I really believe that this move will push Matt Ryan into that elite status. TD is basically forcing Matt Ryan to become the next Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

I think that was the purpose of this.

But what happens when Ryan shows he REALLY CAN't complete passes over 30 yards with regularity? It not only makes this an atrocious deal but Ryan ends up not being even 1/4 of the quarterback that he's expected to be.

But what happens when Ryan shows he REALLY CAN't complete passes over 30 yards with regularity? It not only makes this an atrocious deal but Ryan ends up not being even 1/4 of the quarterback that he's expected to be.

The problem with that is he CAN, we have seen him do it.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

The problem with that is he CAN, we have seen him do it.

a 31% completion ratio on pass attempts over 20 yards isn't all that hot! Not compared to his competition.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

pfff--he wont be laughing when he sees our offense next year. A lot of those pundents will be eating crow---Dilfer, Dukers and Kiper

While your defense is getting toasted.laugh.gif

a 31% completion ratio on pass attempts over 20 yards isn't all that hot! Not compared to his competition.

part of that was the wrs outside of Roddy.

Douglas REALLY struggled doing deep ( and short) Jenkins missed the first 6 games, Finneran was not a deep threat, and Gonzo while still a great short to intermediate threat is not the threat to stretch the field,

You DO realize that was the Pro Bowl don't you? There's very little contact allowed and the defense is restricted from what it can do.rolleyes.gif

ok fair enough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9COk3x-8Vk&feature=related

pardon the language in the song...that stuff really annoys me.

However look at the highlight Ryan throwing perfectly deep to Roddy...then less then a minute later Ryan throwing perfect deep to Roddy again.....Then Ryan being pin point touch to Roddy again...... notice a theme?

Roddy was the only legit consistent threat we had at wr last year, he was the only guy who could go down field and get it. Jenkins helps some ( including making Ronde look like he belonged in a retirement home... just saying) but that was one aspect that really would have helped the falcons.

Having a guy who was reliable.and Jones you may want to talk about his hands bu the dude caught 179 passes in 3 years..... Think about that 179 in 3 years...where they only play 12 games a year