Michael Jenkins

Already being the #2 options for years he could now become the best #3 wideout in the league.

1. Good height - on most nickel corners

2. Good speed - if teams try to play him with a safety or linebacker

3. Can block - can over power most nickel corners

4. Can win the jump ball - over most nickel corners, safeties, or LB's

5. Chemistry with Ryan - can help him find holes in coverage.

Already being the #2 options for years he could now become the best #3 wideout in the league.

he'd also be the best paid #3 :lol:

however, i would love that, and i believe it would be true, if we didn't pay him as much as we do.

he will probably stay for this season, but next year i think they'll look to trade him because of his paycheck.

Guest whitestain

Or we keep him on the outside and take some of the pressure off Julio by putting him in the slot for the first part of the season and see how he takes. Either way, we're not in bad shape for anything.

1.good height, but doesn't use it, plays like he's 5'3"

2.has good straight line speed but it takes him 2 weeks to get from zero to 60, and no wiggle at all

3.yeah but not as important as people make it seem, its just an excuse to get one positive out of his flawed game

4.hasn't caught a single jump ball in his entire 7 year career, see #1.

5.his chemistry didn't help him free Roddy these past few seasons now has it?

if he had all this he would have been a great STARTER, which he is NOT. He's been a 3rd receiver before and he was the same non factor. Where was he when it was Roddy/Horn then Roddy/Laurent? in the slot doing crap. he has no agility or route running to get away from nickle corners,dime corners, any corner. he can only run in a straight line. and when he does get behind the defense he drops the ball majority of the time.

Hopefully they will keep him.

Why do people think that if you just move Jenkins into "Finn's Role" that he will start jumping for the the ball or become a red zone threat after 7 years of not being that? It is the dumbest assumption repeatedly posted on here. Jenkins will never jump for the ball.

I am fine with keeping him but I am also for using him as trade bait.

Hopefully they will keep him.

When you're the number 2 wideout and your team trades the top of two drafts to get a number 2 wideout, it's not good for your long term job prospects.

He'll probably stay here this year because of lack of experience in the other receivers, don't imagine he'll be here 2012.

I just think it's going to be worse than 2010 IF the O-line does not improve.

Ryan did not have time to look for his #3 option (Jenkins) & #4 option (Douglas) last season

because on lack of time due to poor protection by the O-line. All he had time to look for were White and Gonzales.

This year it will be the same if the O-line does not do better. Look for White, look for Gonzales

no time to look for Jones or Jenkins.

OR

Look for White, look for Jones no time to look for Gonzales or Jenkins

THE O-LINE MUST PASS PROTECT BETTER

You could put White, Jones, Green and Fitz ALL out there and it will not help, if the O-line can not stop a 4 man rush.

Edited by delaigle

Douglas doesn't bring anything that Jenkins doesn't, I think he's the odd man out

Douglas brings MUCH more than Jenkins, and im not even that big on Douglas. Douglas can actually get separation, and any receiver we get that can do that simple task INSTANTLY makes them a better player than Michael ' 6'4" midget ' Jenkins

I agree and +1. This is too exciting!

Or we keep him on the outside and take some of the pressure off Julio by putting him in the slot for the first part of the season and see how he takes. Either way, we're not in bad shape for anything.

This is also a +1. You know, many don't understand this, but it isn't static. We can use many more looks now and for all of the hate, he is actually a good player and had a good year. Not stat-wise, but stats don't always tell the whole story.

There are 3 types of slot receivers.

1. The small, shifty, yards-after-catch machine.

2. The smart receiver that has chemistry with the QB and is great at finding zones and getting open on 3rd down.

3. The #1 receiver that is being moved in to the slot to take advantage of a mismatch.

Michael Jenkins is none of those. He's actually just a clown.

Edited by bigalbinodonky

I think Jenkins would do damage at the slot position....especially with Julio & Roddy on the outside

But trade bait is good also.

cmon man. Jenkins is a 7 year vet, and has started more than a majority of his games played, and still not a SINGLE 100 yard game,NONE! only 20 career TD's? Roddy got that in the past 2 years alone! When has Jenkins ever done "damage" to anything but OUR offense? never! even in Roddys 2nd year when he dropped 100 passes and everybody wanted him gone he STILL had more receiving yards than Jenk, besides only starting 5 games to Jenkins' 16

What I'm hearing is Jenkins' performance is not what it should be and his salary is too high

OK Let's trade him

What team wants and under-performing over-paid WR ?

Remember his Salary goes with him.

Edited by delaigle