NOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT THE **** WAS THAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Guest whitestain

What has Nicholas ever done to be considered a "high grade FA"?

Dude is like Michael Boley 2.0. He didn't do anything and everybody fapped their cooter sticks to Boley and then he want to...somwhere I don't even remember and nobody ever heard from him again.

Made it through falcons filter.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmao Dent was a OLB his first three years at UGA. It was last year that he was moved inside when they switched to the 3-4. And he can add weight if need be.

yep.. he played strongside til last season when he moved inside. he has played in both a 4-3 and 3-4 and was terrific in both systems. he is a sure tackler and a nice addition to our defense.

OK I like Dent. He can play football. Of course I'm a little homeristic cause he went to my high school plus he played for one of the college teams I follow.

But Jeez folks, the players that dropped off that board the last two days? Good grief.

Several NFL teams are drafting better than us so far. Maybe even all of the NFC South teams. Several TATF mockers as well. I'm shocked and need some rest.

What has Nicholas ever done to be considered a "high grade FA"?

Dude is like Michael Boley 2.0. He didn't do anything and everybody fapped their cooter sticks to Boley and then he want to...somwhere I don't even remember and nobody ever heard from him again.

That's an opinion and its all well and good, but note what I said. He is a high grade FA who wants starter money. Period.

The grade part means that he is ranked as a top LB in the FA.

That is NOT my opinion.

Guest whitestain

King,t be careful, you are a good Christian julio4six is a sexual deviant, a sinner who did deplorble things in curacao.

boshdisapproves.gif

Guest whitestain

OK I like Dent. He can play football. Of course I'm a little homeristic cause he went to my high school plus he played for one of the college teams I follow.

But Jeez folks, the players that dropped off that board the last two days? Good grief.

Several NFL teams are drafting better than us so far. Maybe even all of the NFC South teams. Several TATF mockers as well. I'm shocked and need some rest.

THANK YOU.

I'm being hard on Dent for dramatic effect, the guy can play football and definitely has pop in his tackle...but really? In Rd 3 when he had a 5th rd grade?

If we take Kendall Hunter in the 3rd and Dent in the 5th I'm crushing up vanilla waffers and rubbing them in my hair but this pick is just so stupid for where we were and who was available. I don't even understand the thought process because even if he moves to OLB, he's not a rush OLB, which is what we need.

THANK YOU.

I'm being hard on Dent for dramatic effect, the guy can play football and definitely has pop in his tackle...but really? In Rd 3 when he had a 5th rd grade?

If we take Kendall Hunter in the 3rd and Dent in the 5th I'm crushing up vanilla waffers and rubbing them in my hair but this pick is just so stupid for where we were and who was available. I don't even understand the thought process because even if he moves to OLB, he's not a rush OLB, which is what we need.

Tdm when in doubt channels his inner al davis, orhe goes to his Dan snyder NFL version magic 8 ball

Guest whitestain

LMAO. I can see Dimitroff sitting in a dark corner with one of those small maglites that police officers and safe crackers in movies hold in their mouths and a 2 liter bottle of Tea Tree hair product as he shakes his magic 8 ball for the next pick.

Does anybody remember William Middleton? Good lord.

LMAO. I can see Dimitroff sitting in a dark corner with one of those small maglites that police officers and safe crackers in movies hold in their mouths and a 2 liter bottle of Tea Tree hair product as he shakes his magic 8 ball for the next pick.

Does anybody remember William Middleton? Good lord.

Dead.

Shot is back to funiest dude

Yo - Stain...

Let GO of the shower rod...step BACK from the ledge.

The Packers passed on Kendall Hunter a few picks later, taking a RB out of Hawaii. I guess they're out of their minds, too. Why on earth would they take a "role player" and leave such an immense talent (who is now, by the way, at best a day three mid to low-round draft choice for a team to be named later).

After watching MILES of film, sending scouts to almost every Div 1 college game last year, spending hours upon hours talking to thousands of individuals: athletic directors, college coaches, teachers, mentors, friends...our personnel group decided to pass on taking the running back you liked.

I know you probably watched a lot of Kendall Hunter's games on TV this year...I'm sure you caught every one. Heck, you probably even went to a few. Maybe even shook hands with his head coach at a pep rally before the game. But do you think all of your comprehensive due diligence put you in a better position to judge his (or any player's) talent than the folks who spend about 49 weeks out of the year focusing on it?

If you truly believe the answer is yes, then you need to stop whatever you do for a living RIGHT NOW and make sure pro football front offices are aware of your unprecedented prescience and talent. You clearly have a future in the NFL.

OMGGGGG COREY PETERS SUXXXX HE HAD A 5TH ROUND GRAED WHAT TD DIONG HE SUHCH A CRAAPY GM! MELL KIPERS SIAD HE SUXXX SO ITS TREU!!!!!!!!!!

...I remember that last year about our late 3rd round pick. He went on to start 15 games as a rookie by the way and was by all accounts a very effective player.

Maybe TD might know a little more than you give him credit for?

Guest whitestain

Yo - Stain...

The Packers passed on Kendall Hunter a few picks later, taking a RB out of Hawaii. I guess they're out of their minds, too. Why on earth would they take a "role player" and leave such an immense talent (who is now, by the way, at best a day three mid to low-round draft choice for a team to be named later).

After watching MILES of film, sending scouts to almost every Div 1 college game last year, spending hours upon hours talking to thousands of individuals: athletic directors, college coaches, teachers, mentors, friends...our personnel group decided to pass on taking the running back you liked.

I know you probably watched a lot of Kendall Hunter's games on TV this year...I'm sure you caught every one. Heck, you probably even went to a few. Maybe even shook hands with his head coach at a pep rally before the game. But do you think all of your comprehensive due diligence put you in a better position to judge his (or any player's) talent than the folks who spend about 49 weeks out of the year focusing on it?

If you truly believe the answer is yes, then you need to stop whatever you do for a living RIGHT NOW and make sure pro football front offices are aware of your unprecedented prescience and talent. You clearly have a future in the NFL.

First of all, the Packers won the Super Bowl, they can pick a message board moderator with a jelly stain on his neck if they wanted to.

Secondly, I realize that everyone on this board has been conditioned to accept mediocrity and moral victories (things like, 'But yeah guys, we lost to the Super Bowl Champs, yaaay for silent victories!), this is the city of Atlanta after all, where mediocrity is celebrated as if it is true accomplishment; but amidst everybody's running around doing cartwheels into mounds of methamphetamine over the mere mention of Dimitroff's name, the guy has been losing on draft day outside of about 3 guys.

We all like Ryan, Lofton, and Moore. Dimitroff is held on a pedestal as if he is some kind of mid to late round genius and for what? What enormously impactful guy has he drafted in the mid to late rounds? Robert James? William Middleton? Chevis Jackson? Chris Owens? Spencer Adkins? Mike Johnson? Someone mentioned something earlier about something called a Hawley?

You're giving this front office, and Thomas Dimitroff in particular, WAAAAY too much credit for the actual results he's produced in the draft.

Yo - Stain...

lol watch Kendall Hunter become rookie of the year.

First of all, the Packers won the Super Bowl, they can pick a message board moderator with a jelly stain on his neck if they wanted to.

Secondly, I realize that everyone on this board has been conditioned to accept mediocrity and moral victories (things like, 'But yeah guys, we lost to the Super Bowl Champs, yaaay for silent victories!), this is the city of Atlanta after all, where mediocrity is celebrated as if it is true accomplishment; but amidst everybody's running around doing cartwheels into mounds of methamphetamine over the mere mention of Dimitroff's name, the guy has been losing on draft day outside of about 3 guys.

We all like Ryan, Lofton, and Moore. Dimitroff is held on a pedestal as if he is some kind of mid to late round genius and for what? What enormously impactful guy has he drafted in the mid to late rounds? Robert James? William Middleton? Chevis Jackson? Chris Owens? Spencer Adkins? Mike Johnson? Someone mentioned something earlier about something called a Hawley?

You're giving this front office, and Thomas Dimitroff in particular, WAAAAY too much credit for the actual results he's produced in the draft.

+1 for honesty of heart. I may not agree 100%, but I do respect a full explanation of what a person is feeling.

I'll take this time to be honest myself. Until this offseason started I have been all for TD not being here anymore. I felt that he was a bit too odd in his patterns of picking players. Many picks were head scratcher for me. I gave up on my dislike for him when I started understanding that he seems to really care the most about his top board, but uses his bottom board for depth and progression.

Jackson was rated by many teams the same way as TD. Owens is still in the growth process, but he may be out more sooner than later. Adkins is a monster hitting machine on ST's. We had no use for him to start while in learning. He is a second stringer and although it isn't posted anywhere he is a back-up at all LB positions. He's fast, strong, and willing to do anything for the Atlanta Falcons. Mike Johnson and hawley are being groomed. You don't throw late round OL into the mix when you still have able starters. Both guys DID play last year and they both have the nastiness of the original linemen. I barely noticed a change except that the center position looked a bit bigger and stronger. Dude benched 225lbs 35 times!!!

Well, then...I stand corrected. Allow me to wipe the jelly off my neck, and sheepishly retort.

Late round draft picks are late round draft picks because they DON'T MAKE AN IMPACT RIGHT AWAY.

Talk to me in one or two more years when this creature you find so mysterious, the indigenous Hawley-sapiens, is starting on our interior line. And do you really think Mike Johnson has no future with us? Do you know how well Dominique Franks is developing? Kerry Meier was turning a lot of heads before his unfortunate injury in the preseason. How about Garrett Reynolds...you're disappointed he didn't start from day one his rookie year... Have a feeling you may see more of him in this, his second year in the NFL. LOSING on draft day?

Do you hit on EVERY draft pick? No. Especially in the late rounds. But hats off to our GM for cutting bait when we realize we missed. And for crying out loud, the team is 33-15 over the past three years after emerging from the lowest depths imaginable. Dimitroff has won the Sporting News Executive of the Year Award TWICE in the three years he's been an NFL general manager. I dunno, maybe we should trust his judgment here?

And while you're throwing names around, let's review the rest of the NFC South's late-round picks and point out their "enormously impactful" guys:

SAINTS - ONE REGULAR STARTER (plus a punter)

5 144 DeMario Pressley DT North Carolina State

*5 164 Carl Nicks G Nebraska

6 178 Taylor Mehlhaff K Wisconsin

7 237 Adrian Arrington WR Michigan

4 116 Chip Vaughn SAF Wake Forest

4 118 Stanley Arnoux ILB Wake Forest

5 164 Thomas Morstead P Southern Methodist

5 158 Matt Tennant C Boston College

7 239 Sean Canfield QB Oregon State

BUCS - 3 REGULAR STARTERS

4 115 Dre Moore DT Maryland

5 160 Josh Johnson QB San Diego

*6 175 Geno Hayes OLB Florida State

7 238 Cory Boyd RB South Carolina

4 117 Kyle Moore DE USC

5 155 Xavier Fulton T Illinois

7 217 E.J. Biggers CB Western Michigan

7 233 Sammie Stroughter WR Oregon State

*4 101 Mike Williams WR Syracuse

6 172 Brent Bowden P Virginia Tech

*7 210 Cody Grimm FS Virginia Tech

7 217 Dekoda Watson OLB Florida State

7 253 Erik Lorig FB Stanford

PANTHERS - ZERO REGULAR STARTERS

5 141 Gary Barnidge TE Louisville

6 181 Nick Hayden DT Wisconsin

7 221 Hilee Taylor DE North Carolina

7 241 Geoff Schwartz T Oregon

7 250 Mackenzy Bernadeau G Bentley

4 111 Mike Goodson RB Texas A&M

4 128 Tony Fiammetta RB Syracuse

5 163 Duke Robinson G Oklahoma

7 216 Captain Munnerlyn DB South Carolina

4 124 Eric Norwood DE South Carolina

6 175 Greg Hardy DE Mississippi

6 198 David Gettis WR Baylor

6 202 Jordan Pugh FS Texas A&M

6 204 Tony Pike QB Cincinnati

7 223 R.J. Stanford CB Utah

7 249 Robert McClain CB Connecticut

***Crickets.....Crickets***

Hmmmm.... Seems the rest of arguably the best division in the NFL is also failing miserably at finding those "enormously explosive" players in the late rounds.

And for the record, the Falcons have one regular starter from rounds 4-7 in the last three years. If you want to include round 3, the Falcons have netted an additional 2 starters.

Maybe we shouldn't jump off the bridge quite yet?