Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MarloStanfield

Mike Vick

111 posts in this topic

as voted by his peers in the Top 100.....MV7 is probably around Top 15 and Matt Ryan is between 30-50....Wow, Vick spent 2 years in Cell Block D and comes out and laps Ice Melts as voted by 'Real' Football players and not Internet Klansman.

So much for the he'll come back as a WR/RB/KR theory :lol::lol::lol:

as voted by his peers in the Top 100.....MV7 is probably around Top 15 and Matt Ryan is between 30-50....Wow, Vick spent 2 years in Cell Block D and comes out and laps Ice Melts as voted by 'Real' Football players and not Internet Klansman.

He's not coming back.

This is still a FREGGIN good point for the homeristic idiots that actually think that Ryan is better than 7. I like Ryan but he aint better than 7. One thing for ppl on this board to give their opinions but this is coming from NFL PLAYERS

Andrews_31, swatguy and calidawg like this

Why don't you just wait and see where the two players land?

top 15 may be way off because players:

Really like their dogs and allow that to influence the ranking

Really value consistency and Vick has only had 2 good years in the last 7.

Really value wins/elevating teammates over individual stats.

Vick I will admit did better then Matty Ice this season, but to say he ran laps around the Ice Man is definately exaggerated. Here is my reasoning:

Mike Vick before the 2010 season never had anything even close to the way he performed this year. I mean really 20+ PASSING TDs, and that spanking he lead the Eagles to over the Redskins in the first half. That there says enough with out even including the rest of his stats.

So you have Mike Vick a player who has been in the league years longer than Matt and who performed WAY above his average of course he looks better than Matt.

Now lets take Vick's first 3 years in Atlanta and compare. Hmm.... not close to Matty Ice. Matt's potential will surpass Vick.

Finally, I still like what Vick is doing and will enjoy watching him. RANT OVER. Thanks.

DD: Objective Elite likes this

Why don't you just wait and see where the two players land?

top 15 may be way off because players:

Really like their dogs and allow that to influence the ranking

Really value consistency and Vick has only had 2 good years in the last 7.

Really value wins/elevating teammates over individual stats.

Majority of the players could care less about dogfighting and who knows, many were probably engaged in the practice themselves.....but Vick is well-respected throughout the league by his peers and NFL Network already primed everyone that he will be in the Top 15. Some analysts suggested even Top 10!!!! A few even suggested he should be the #1 Lead Dog (pun intended)

Go Mike Vick!

This will be interesting to see where their peers place them on this list. It's one thing for fan's and stat geeks to do a ranking but it means a lot more to come from fellow players. This will show who garners the most respect and fear.

Matt is also 5 years younger (5 years to improve), and as a typical pocket passer, will have a longer career than Vick, who was hobbling by week 14 last year.

kane#7 and azinine like this

Now lets take Vick's first 3 years in Atlanta and compare. Hmm.... not close to Matty Ice. Matt's potential will surpass Vick.

7 made two playoff appearances in his first three seasons as the starting QB and won in each appearance and made 2 Pro Bowls. Matt Ryan has the same number of appearances with ZERO wins and ONE pro bowl. You cant compare Matt to 7 then and obviously now. Let see who's ranked higher on this top 100 list voted on my NFL PLAYERS themselves. You know who will be higher, dont front....7

Andrews_31 likes this

Just wait till the entire ranking is out. Like I stated before stat geeks and random haters' opinions don't equate to the opinions of fellow NFL players. This will get interesting.

7 made two playoff appearances in his first three seasons as the starting QB and won in each appearance and made 2 Pro Bowls. Matt Ryan has the same number of appearances with ZERO wins and ONE pro bowl. You cant compare Matt to 7 then and obviously now. Let see who's ranked higher on this top 100 list voted on my NFL PLAYERS themselves. You know who will be higher, dont front....7

When Vick played the packers in the playoffs in 02, his D allowed 7 points and also scored a TD, he had to lead his team to a FG to win. When Ryan played the packers in the playoffs in 10, his D allowed 41 points, Ryan would have had to score 7 TDs to win.

Score 3 points or score 42 points, which is easier?

darkdude41 likes this

When Vick played the packers in the playoffs in 02, his D allowed 7 points and also scored a TD, he had to lead his team to a FG to win. When Ryan played the packers in the playoffs in 10, his D allowed 41 points, Ryan would have had to score 7 TDs to win.

Score 3 points or score 42 points, which is easier?

7 is better. Like i said, we'll see where actual NFL players rank the 2 QBs. But we all know who will be higher...7

7 is better. Like i said, we'll see where actual NFL players rank the 2 QBs. But we all know who will be higher...7

Didn't answer the question.

Here's a couple more.

Who had more wins last year? Who qualified for the playoffs without another QBs help?

Didn't answer the question.

Here's a couple more.

Who had more wins last year? Who qualified for the playoffs without another QBs help?

The Atlanta Falcons obviously.

We had more wins than the 49ers but does that make Curtis Lofton better than Patrick Willis? That's the argument your making.

In a few weeks we are going to see what the players think about the two and that's more important than what anyone on this board has to say.

The Atlanta Falcons obviously.

We had more wins than the 49ers but does that make Curtis Lofton better than Patrick Willis? That's the argument your making.

In a few weeks we are going to see what the players think about the two and that's more important than what anyone on this board has to say.

QBs touch the ball almost every play on O- they get credited for wins and losses for a reason.

Vick fans are always all about individual stats- talk to them about team success, they start getting cranky.

Point out that Vick had a much better D backing him in his playoff victories and they ignore it. Ask them if its easier to score 3 points or 42 points, they refuse to answer.

Vick is a sub 500 QB in Dec & Jan. Every year he's played a full season, he's been too beat up at the end of the year to be effective. Happened again this year- he lost to a putrid Minn team, cost his team a bye, missed a game and then lost to GB.

Vick scored more points in a half against GB early in the year than he did in the whole game in Jan. He wasn't the same player because of the way he plays.

If he ever accepts that it's more important for him to be on the field than for him to make the big run, he will be truly amazing. And he'll be healthy enough to be a force in the playoffs.

Fortunately, as a falcons fan, I don't think I have to worry. I think he's always going to try to do it all by himself, not slide, carry the ball away from his body and make boneheaded plays.

He may beat the falcons in the regular season, but I seriously doubt he's upright by the end of the year next year.

QBs touch the ball almost every play on O- they get credited for wins and losses for a reason.

Vick fans are always all about individual stats- talk to them about team success, they start getting cranky.

Point out that Vick had a much better D backing him in his playoff victories and they ignore it. Ask them if its easier to score 3 points or 42 points, they refuse to answer.

Vick is a sub 500 QB in Dec & Jan. Every year he's played a full season, he's been too beat up at the end of the year to be effective. Happened again this year- he lost to a putrid Minn team, cost his team a bye, missed a game and then lost to GB.

Vick scored more points in a half against GB early in the year than he did in the whole game in Jan. He wasn't the same player because of the way he plays.

If he ever accepts that it's more important for him to be on the field than for him to make the big run, he will be truly amazing. And he'll be healthy enough to be a force in the playoffs.

Fortunately, as a falcons fan, I don't think I have to worry. I think he's always going to try to do it all by himself, not slide, carry the ball away from his body and make boneheaded plays.

He may beat the falcons in the regular season, but I seriously doubt he's upright by the end of the year next year.

Interesting stuff but I wonder if actual players feel the same way as you do.

Being as the list is of 2010 alone, I'd say that Vick deserves a much higher ranking than Ryan. He was the most electrifying player in the league, hands down.

Being as the list is of 2010 alone, I'd say that Vick deserves a much higher ranking than Ryan. He was the most electrifying player in the league, hands down.

Maybe, maybe not. We shall see what NFL players think soon enough.

Internet Klansman? What the **** is that even suppost to mean? Are you saying that law-abiding fans that have set standards for who they want to take their children to cheer for are Klansmen? You are a fool.

I SEE MIKE VICK CAN STILL DRAW A CROWD. AND SOME

ANGER TOO! MORE POWER TO HIM.I AIN'T WORRIED ABOUT

WHERE MATT RYAN IS ... I'M WORRIED ABOUT WHERE THE

FALCONS WILL BE.

And I bet since NFL players voted. I bet Roddy, Jenks and Gonzo picked vick higher.True spit.

Really? Why? Vick was a 500 QB the last couple of years he was here, admitted he quit on games and was greatly responsible for the train wreck that was 2007. Even if White and Jenkins like Vick as a person, which, by all accounts they do, not so sure they would be all that impressed a QB that screwed up 3 prime years of their career.

Don't know why Gonzo would either.

Roddy and Jenks know talent and they both know Vick is >>>> Ryan having played with both. Even Roddy admitted he did squat to help Vick out (dropped passes, fumbles, blown assignments) when he was here.