Michael Jenkins trade value

autigerfan

I know we can't trade players under contract until the CBA is resolved, but given that Jenkins is now expendable, what do you think is his value in a trade. Anyone think we could squeeze a 4th rounder from someone in next year's draft?

They're talking about sending out guidelines to teams for FA and trades- they may be able to trade him today.

Meh, is it even really worth it?

I think Jenkins will suprise some people with being the #3. We can use him on third downs, and use his size for the fade routes in the endzone.

We have a nasty receiving core now. And lets not forget what Meier can bring to the table.

Jenkins is our new Finneran. We need to see what we can get for Norwood.

I totally agree. If we're going to try to trade anyone, it should be Norwood, Anderson or Davis. I'm not sure we could get more than a 6th for any of them, but maybe we could package some of our later round picks to move up in the 3rd or 5th.

I wouldn't trade Jenkins. In my opinion he just became one of the better, if not the best, #3 wide receiver in the NFL.

^^^ This. He just went from being covered by CB's, to being covered by LB's. That's a mismatch I'll take all day.

I wouldn't trade Jenkins. In my opinion he just became one of the better, if not the best, #3 wide receiver in the NFL.

I dont think we need him. HD needs to be our #3. I think he will be better this year.

Also, we are forgetting about Kerry Meier. That guy could turn out to be a legit #3.

Its unfortunate that we just gave Jenks a contract that was too high for his worth, truth is the guy is expendable at this point. If we keep him it should be in a Finneran type role. Just come in as #4 on 3rd downs, make a big catch every now and then, and be a special teams stalwart. If that is what he becomes, he gets paid to much to do that.

I know we can't trade players under contract until the CBA is resolved, but given that Jenkins is now expendable, what do you think is his value in a trade. Anyone think we could squeeze a 4th rounder from someone in next year's draft?

ummm heck no. Jenkins will be a great slot receiver.

What is with all the jenkins hate?

The guy was our best receiver in the game against green bay. He's a good number 2 and will be a great number 3.

I don't think Norwood will be here next year anyways..

If we do keep Jenkins he needs to take a massive paycut but why keep him? He's going entering his 7th or 8th year with no upside, his pay doesn't match his production, and you'd be throwing in the towel on HD and Meier who are both 2 young players.

It makes absolutely no sense to keep Michael Jenkins now and I'd be shocked if he's on the roster come September.

Read this on Rotoworld from another thread-

NFL.com's Steve Wyche doesn't believe the Falcons will "dump" Michael Jenkins after trading up for Julio Jones Thursday night.

Wyche is a former Falcons beat writer, so he has a good read on the situation. Still, Jenkins is due $3.5 million in 2011, and he has been "put on notice" that his starting job is in jeopardy. If he does stick, Jenkins could end up in the slot -- especially if Harry Douglas fails to consistently make plays for a second straight year.

I think we definitely upgraded the WR position and can see Jenkins filling the #3 role. Just looks like kind of a logjam at WR now with HD, Jenkins and Meier. Good to have some depth though.

Guess this means Bergeron isn't going to make the team again this year.

Edited by Porkins

I dont think we need him. HD needs to be our #3. I think he will be better this year.

Also, we are forgetting about Kerry Meier. That guy could turn out to be a legit #3.

Its unfortunate that we just gave Jenks a contract that was too high for his worth, truth is the guy is expendable at this point. If we keep him it should be in a Finneran type role. Just come in as #4 on 3rd downs, make a big catch every now and then, and be a special teams stalwart. If that is what he becomes, he gets paid to much to do that.

Jenkins brings a lot more to The table than Douglas. I think its over for Harry

ummm heck no. Jenkins will be a great slot receiver.

What is with all the jenkins hate?

The guy was our best receiver in the game against green bay. He's a good number 2 and will be a great number 3.

Best receiver in the GB game? He fell down in the end zone, fumbled a drive away and dropped a 3rd down pass. He couldn't make GB pay for stacking the line and doubling Roddy. He may have gained a few more yards than anyone else, doesn't mean he was the best receiver by a long shot.