So who is our Number 1 Wr, Now?

iDash

So who is our Number 1 Wr, Now?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. So who is our Number 1 Wr, Now?

Roddy White for me was the best WR in the league last year.

He just got even better with the acquisition of Julio Jones, it will open it up for Roddy, Jones will make teams pay if they double/triple/blanket Roddy and Tony like they used to.

Roddy/Julio/Jenks/Douglas/Meier - that's pretty immense if you ask me, but a lot of coin too. Is Jenks gone?

Is this a trick question? J/k. Both are great blockers. Roddy will get his catches. Both will be even in the TD category

No, its like Minn Fans picking Chris Carter as #1 when Randy Moss was Drafted as a Rookie.

Roddy better get his Offseason on,

if he wants to keep his Title!

Ryan, Tony and Turner received their Christmas presents early. Turner will beg for the defense to double coverage the wideouts and Ryan will equally beg for the defense to run a 7 or 8 man front. Tony will be amazed to be the only person in the middle of the field. :P

Put Jenkins in the slot with his 6'4 frame on the opposite side of Tony and it is NFL Blitz videogame time.

Ryan, Tony and Turner received their Christmas presents early. Turner will beg for the defense to double coverage the wideouts and Ryan will equally beg for the defense to run a 7 or 8 man front. Tony will be amazed to be the only person in the middle of the field. :P

Put Jenkins in the slot with his 6'4 frame on the opposite side of Tony and it is NFL Blitz videogame time.

Yea, I agree I really hope we keep Jenks for 3rd downs too

It will be sick

In practice, it doesn't matter - both are going to be on the field 95+% of the plays anyway, especially since Julio is such a willing and able run blocker. Both will get plenty of passes thrown their way, and each will make the others' life easier by demanding coverage.

But as to who will be the #1 wide receiver on paper? Is that really a serious question?

Guys I know where you are coming from but this is not as crazy as it sounds. I grew up in Georgia and went to school at Bama so obviously I'm excited to see Julio in the ATL. I live on the Gulf Coast now and have known about Julio since he was a freshmen in high school in Foley. I will probably get flamed for this but it's the truth. Julio was ready for the NFL straight out of High School. The guy is the toughest and nastiest wide receiver I have ever seen. He is humble and definitely not a Diva like most wideouts. You guys are going to fall in love with this Julio. Don't be surprised if he is better than Roddy from day 1. The guy physically dominated the SEC as a true freshmen. Julio is a freak of nature. A lot of us at Alabama are convinced he is not even human. Broken hand...no big deal he just plays through it... Smokes the combine with a fracture in his foot. Wait and see, he will be punishing NFL dbs from day one. They are going to hate trying to tackle and being blocked by Julio. He would much rather truck a db than run out of bounds.

In practice, it doesn't matter - both are going to be on the field 95+% of the plays anyway, especially since Julio is such a willing and able run blocker. Both will get plenty of passes thrown their way, and each will make the others' life easier by demanding coverage.

But as to who will be the #1 wide receiver on paper? Is that really a serious question?

I agree. Roddy is clearly the #1 wide receiver, but Jones is a better blocker and could possibly wind up with 10+ TD catches if he develops good chemistry with Ryan because he is the legitimate red zone threat that this offense has lacked inside the numbers.

Guys I know where you are coming from but this is not as crazy as it sounds. I grew up in Georgia and went to school at Bama so obviously I'm excited to see Julio in the ATL. I live on the Gulf Coast now and have known about Julio since he was a freshmen in high school in Foley. I will probably get flamed for this but it's the truth. Julio was ready for the NFL straight out of High School. The guy is the toughest and nastiest wide receiver I have ever seen. He is humble and definitely not a Diva like most wideouts. You guys are going to fall in love with this Julio. Don't be surprised if he is better than Roddy from day 1. The guy physically dominated the SEC as a true freshmen. Julio is a freak of nature. A lot of us at Alabama are convinced he is not even human. Broken hand...no big deal he just plays through it... Smokes the combine with a fracture in his foot. Wait and see, he will be punishing NFL dbs from day one. They are going to hate trying to tackle and being blocked by Julio. He would much rather truck a db than run out of bounds.

i cant lie that got me excited.

I voted both because I simply don't see a reason to call one a number two. I'm sure we'll have some games where we keep going to one guy and some where we go the other other. Numbers wise, I would think Roddy takes catches and yards while Julio takes YAC and TDs.

I just jizzed in my pants dude............. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

No, its like Minn Fans picking Chris Carter as #1 when Randy Moss was Drafted as a Rookie.

Roddy better get his Offseason on,

if he wants to keep his Title!

Little bit different, Roddy is in his prime and is 29, Chris Carter was entering the back end of his career and was 33 when the Vikings drafted Moss. And no disrespect to Julio, but Moss was straight up a freak when he was drafted.