Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JC Falcon

Jones Changes Defensive Formula

12 posts in this topic

I like the Jones pick, and not just for Jones. We were three years into an offense that teams were starting to figure out how to stop. Double Roddy White and then stop Turner and you can ignore Jenkins. About halfway through this season teams keyed that and we had a tough time.

Jones comes in and now you can't double Roddy. Jones will block as well as Jenkins plus beat single coverage. Defenses now have to play him and Roddy straight up. One pick just changed every D coordinator's strategy against us.

I like the Jones pick, and not just for Jones. We were three years into an offense that teams were starting to figure out how to stop. Double Roddy White and then stop Turner and you can ignore Jenkins. About halfway through this season teams keyed that and we had a tough time.

Jones comes in and now you can't double Roddy. Jones will block as well as Jenkins plus beat single coverage. Defenses now have to play him and Roddy straight up. One pick just changed every D coordinator's strategy against us.

It also changes our offensive strategy. We can run 5 wide sets with Roddy, Julio, Jenkins, HD, and Gonzo. The Packers 5 deep WR and smart QB rode that formula to a SB.

gkgrimes and vitaman like this

It also changes our offensive strategy. We can run 5 wide sets with Roddy, Julio, Jenkins, HD, and Gonzo. The Packers 5 deep WR and smart QB rode that formula to a SB.

That, and I really like 3 WR sets now. With Jones, Jenkins and White in we can either pass or run due to their blocking ability.

F*ckTheSaints likes this

May put Ovie out of a job.

Ovie will still be there but tony G will be playing with his hand off the ground in the slot alot more

[/quote

Ha ha HD has been as useful as teets on a snake

Good post bro and I like this pick as well because now MM should be able to open up the playbook!!!

Good post bro and I like this pick as well because now MM should be able to open up the playbook!!!

you can open the playbook all you want but the pages are blank

This will free up Gonzo and HD83. There'll be a safety and CB on each WR, leaving a nickel and LB for them inside. Few teams are deep enough at DB to match up. If Douglas can't get 50 catches this year, then Meier will take his job.