I'm going to eat some Hamburgers tonight. Not off the grill, I know, I'm a bit tired and lazy and off the grill are the best.

Any special advice on seasonings?

I've been hooked on cavender's seasoning for a while. That stuff just seems to work with anything. I use it on steaks a lot, but here lately I've been using some Emmerils seasoning on steaks, which I think is awesome also.

The essentials : "Pickles - Hamburger Dill Chips. Lettuce - Fresh, none of that left over salad pre-washed garbage. Vidalia Onions - Oh yea, A FULL slice on every burger. Cheese - Kraft Cheese, and BTW I think it's what BK uses on their whoppers with cheese, it's the best IMO. Mayo or mustard ketchup or all three, most of the time it's Mayo for me".

You'd think a burger could be so simple to make, but it really isn't if your looking for a certain recipe that is, or taste. The order in which you build one changes the way you taste the burger itself.

Any recipe's or special advice on cooking a Hamburger? Grilling or electric/gas cooked?

I will say this, I LOVE Hamburgers cooked on the grill, but they are a pain in the butt to : "Prepare/Clean ETC".

It's honestly been my experience that cooking out a steak and preparing a salad and baked potatoe are easier. Those freaking burgers on the grill just flame up too much, and or fall down in the grill too much by comparison.

So I only cook burgers on the electric stove top now. No more eating out for me, I can't afford the gas to go there and can't afford the CHEAP BURGER options on the menu FAST food joints offer. JMO...

Oh Well, Thoughts?

Edited by GAFALCONFAN

If you're not gonna grill it over charcoal and impart that delicious carcinogenic flavor, then you're gonna have to do something special to make it a truly good burger.

If you got a standard grocery store package of ground beef (about 1.25 pounds), then add one egg, a dash of bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little worchestershire sauce.

Mix it all up with your hands and form patties, then fry 'em in a little bit of butter.

It's kinda like a meatball. Definitely more flavorful than your standard pan-fried burger.

If you're not gonna grill it over charcoal and impart that delicious carcinogenic flavor, then you're gonna have to do something special to make it a truly good burger.

If you got a standard grocery store package of ground beef (about 1.25 pounds), then add one egg, a dash of bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little worchestershire sauce.

Mix it all up with your hands and form patties, then fry 'em in a little bit of butter.

It's kinda like a meatball. Definitely more flavorful than your standard pan-fried burger.

All this except I use a little bit of Dale's instead of worchestershire.

when I want something tasty and different I made a chili flavored burger.

I mix in salt, fresh cracked pepper, chili powder, smoked paprika and oregano

I cook down some onions,jalapeno , minced garlic, with some bacon. all cooked on a flat top grill, top with Monterrey jack cheese and diced tomatoes that were cook on flat top.

I don't do the condiments but I have had friends who would mix in some mayo with some lime and thyme and they said that was ridicules.

Split the burger meat in half and make two thin patties. Divide a slice of American cheese into quarters and put on top of one of the patties. Put the other patty on top and press to seal all of the edges.

Cook about 4 minutes each side until the cheese gets melty and gooey.

You, sir, now have a Juicy Lucy.

For other fun options, add crispy bacon bits to the cheese or replace American cheese with blue cheese.

Split the burger meat in half and make two thin patties. Divide a slice of American cheese into quarters and put on top of one of the patties. Put the other patty on top and press to seal all of the edges.

Cook about 4 minutes each side until the cheese gets melty and gooey.

You, sir, now have a Juicy Lucy.

For other fun options, add crispy bacon bits to the cheese or replace American cheese with blue cheese.

I knew a Juicy Lucy once.....she was pretty gooey in the middle, also.

1. Use half sirloin and half chuck. I use a half pound of each.

1a Medium usually is the best doneness for a great burger, so you want to form your patties about 3/4 to 1 inch thick.

2. Charcoal or hardwood flame. If cooking indoors, cast iron skillet heated high.

3. Make a large bowl of iced water. Soak each patty in the water for about 30 seconds before placing it on the grill. Don't ask me how or why this works, but it does. I learned it from a chef. He doesn't know how or why it works either.

4. Right before taking patties off the grill, brush each one with melted butter.

5. Be sure to drink lots of beer before, during and after cooking. This way even if you totally screw up the burgers, you won't care as much.

Onions & a touch of BBQ sauce