Trade Up or Trade Out

I see absolutely no point in picking at 27 for the Falcons. There will be nothing there that wouldn't be there in the second round. I say we trade the pick and something else to move up and try and get a good WR,DE, or CB, or we trade the pick for more picks. I wouldn't be opposed to trading it for a STAR free agent at one of those positions. I know this isn't Madden, but STARS win championships, and we been doing it your way and have an a$$ woopin at the hands of Green Bay to show for it.

I don't necessarily disagree. There are only 2 or 3 players worth moving up for, and I doubt they will ever drop into a reasonable range, and you're right the talent drop off isn't very significant between the late first and early to mid second.

Edited by paulitik

The more I look at this draft, the better I like the idea of gaining a pick and moving back. We will just have to let the draft come to us and see whats there for us... Here is an interesting article by Albert Breer

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f254f1/article/teams-face-slim-pickings-difficult-task-drafting-this-year?module=HP_cp2

I see absolutely no point in picking at 27 for the Falcons. There will be nothing there that wouldn't be there in the second round. I say we trade the pick and something else to move up and try and get a good WR,DE, or CB, or we trade the pick for more picks. I wouldn't be opposed to trading it for a STAR free agent at one of those positions. I know this isn't Madden, but STARS win championships, and we been doing it your way and have an a$$ woopin at the hands of Green Bay to show for it.

Since you don't usually trade for free agents, I'll assume you meant STAR RFA. The problem with trading for an RFA versus drafting is twofold. Firstly, the RFA already has 4/5 years in the league so his value is diminished by a shorter career with his new team. Secondly, you have to spent big money on the RFA's new contract.

Since you don't usually trade for free agents, I'll assume you meant STAR RFA. The problem with trading for an RFA versus drafting is twofold. Firstly, the RFA already has 4/5 years in the league so his value is diminished by a shorter career with his new team. Secondly, you have to spent big money on the RFA's new contract.

Correct, I did mean Star RFA. You have to spend money to make money. This team needs a spark, and a big name, big time player might just be what it needs, especially in a year like this where I'm more exited about the new season of "True Blood" than the NFL draft. We just aren't going to get anything worth mentioning in this draft.