Could we trade our

Could we trade our 3 seventh round picks and move back into the 5th round?

Is it enough "fire power"?

I do not have or know the draft slot point system. I am not being lazy but cant find it and I am sure that some of you on here know the ponits for each draft slot.

Your answer is appreciated.

Not sure man, but its a very good question.

Just wondering because looking at the players and where they are slotted to go....it looks like there is still going to be some nice talent in the 5th but a big drop in 6th and 7th. I dont like giving up 3 for 1 but if it gets you 1 guy that makes the team vs 3 camp bodies it is worth it.

i dont know a a lot about the draft, i only watch the first round then check out espn or the internet. Don't really watch a whole lot of college football, just the big games and tennessee or tcu.

I do have to give major props to Chattanooga for putting up 21 points on the national champions though.

That stinks!

Hold on, I'm wrong. Ojinakka and Houston were both trades, so the picks can be dealt. Let me work up the values, though, before we get too excited.

EDIT - dang, busted by Paulitik before I could correct myself.

Edited by JOEinPHX

Hold on, I'm wrong. Ojinakka and Houston were both trades, so the picks can be dealt. Let me work up the values, though, before we get too excited.

EDIT - dang, busted by Paulitik before I could correct myself.

No worries dude. This draft stuff is complicated. I had to double check too.

OK, the #209 pick carries a point value of 7.8. The extra picks aren't rated, but the 224th pick is only worth 2 points, so give #228 and #229 a point apiece.

The last pick of the 5th round is values at 27.4 points, about 3X the value of the three 7th rounders. A mid-fifth round pick is worth 33 points.

So a trade partner would have to want desperately to amass seventh rounders.

OK, the #209 pick carries a point value of 7.8. The extra picks aren't rated, but the 224th pick is only worth 2 points, so give #228 and #229 a point apiece.

The last pick of the 5th round is values at 27.4 points, about 3X the value of the three 7th rounders. A mid-fifth round pick is worth 33 points.

So a trade partner would have to want desperately to amass seventh rounders.

So we would have to trade our 5th and our 7th's to move up in the 5th.

So we would have to trade our 5th and our 7th's to move up in the 5th.

By the numbers, that would get us into the fifth or sixth spot in the 5th round. To me it doesn't make sense, though. There's no guarantee at all that moving up 21 or 22 spots in the 5th gets you a better guy. And having three seventh rounders ain't all bad. A few of them are starters or solid backups for the Falcons right now. It's also a nice way to lock up a guy who might be a good looking UDFA but is likely to go to another team if given the choice.

I do not have or know the draft slot point system. I am not being lazy but cant find it and I am sure that some of you on here know the ponits for each draft slot.

If we are not able to sign undrafted free agents, you may well see teams trying to trade back in the late rounds to aquire more picks. I wonder what the max number of picks is that a team can use?

Reeves once aquired four 7th round picks trading a 4th round pick the following year to Denver.

Edited by bier-fann

The 3 7ths are worth the value of a mid 6th

google "Draft Value Chart" and you'll find it.

or go here

DPVC link

If we are not able to sign undrafted free agents, you may well see teams trying to trade back in the late rounds to aquire more picks. I wonder what the max number of picks is that a team can use?

Reeves once aquired four 7th round picks trading a 4th round pick the following year to Denver.

Not every team follows the value chart, it was developed by Dallas & used by a lot of teams, but not them all.

When trading a pick for a future round, the way most teams figure it is by subtracting a full round and then looking a pick 16 in that round. So for the future 4th you referred to, most will value it as the #16 pick of the 5th round.