It's Really Interesting How Some Are Ready to Replace HD83...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm lookin at that original clip. It doesn't show what the pump fake did. So I have to trust what the commentator said being that they had all the views and angles. Also the endzone replay shows and safety coming over from the middle of the endzone which is where HD was...

What did the commentator say?

So now it was Deion and not the commentator?

Go to my vid....and you'll hear Deion at the end....

During the game, the commentator suggested that Ryan did too much to try and manipulate the safety...how many times do you need clarification. You say it was Troy and you Tivo'd it but you have posted anything...

Go to my vid....and you'll hear Deion at the end....

During the game, the commentator suggested that Ryan did too much to try and manipulate the safety...how many times do you need clarification. You say it was Troy and you Tivo'd it but you have posted anything...

If I knew how to post tivo clips on AFMB I would.

You say the pumpfake was useless, but you don't have the angle to see what the pumpfake did. How are you coming to that conclusion?

You say I have to trust what the commentator said being that they had all the views and angles. The commentator never said anything about the pumpfake being useless.

Once again how are you coming to that conclusion that the pumpfake was useless and the safety committed to HD before it.

I know where I'm getting it from. I have seen the behind the qb view.

You say the pumpfake was useless, but you don't have the angle to see what the pumpfake did. How are you coming to that conclusion?

You say I have to trust what the commentator said being that they had all the views and angles. The commentator never said anything about the pumpfake being useless.

Once again how are you coming to that conclusion that the pumpfake was useless and the safety committed to HD before it.

It's no point arguing. Most people on here including theyhateme don't look for the facts to back up their argument. They take bits and pieces and skew it to make them look right even when they are wrong and have been proven wrong with valid proof not speculation or assumptions

I'm coming to that conclusion based on the timing of the play and the distance from the endzone. I can't recall the last time I've see a QB pump fake 10 yards from the red zone...

As far as TIVO is concerned if you had a Vid Camera phone, you could record the Tivo playback, download it to photobucket and copy that link and post it here...I'd love to hear how Troy allegedly said it. But in the meantime, go to my and vid and hear Deion say that the ball should've been out..

It would be interesting to see who we get or go after, because that WR would need to be able to unseat someone. The best chance would be a FA WR.

I look at this way, we got Roddy, Jenk and HD, can't count on Meier, he is still an unknown coming off an injury, so we need another guy to compete with HD for the slot, I would not be opposed at all to bringing in a FA WR , or get one round 3 ...

I look at this way, we got Roddy, Jenk and HD, can't count on Meier, he is still an unknown coming off an injury, so we need another guy to compete with HD for the slot, I would not be opposed at all to bringing in a FA WR , or get one round 3 ...

That would be the BEST move unless we can find a stud FA DE....

It's no point arguing. Most people on here including theyhateme don't look for the facts to back up their argument. They take bits and pieces and skew it to make them look right even when they are wrong and have been proven wrong with valid proof not speculation or assumptions

I've said that Ryan shouldn't have thrown the pass and so did you. :D

I've said that Ryan shouldn't have thrown the pass and so did you. :D

Actually what I said was:

I agree that it was a bad play by Matt Ryan but you can't discount Jenkins on that play. The receiver's job in that situation is to prevent the interception if he can't make the play. Who's to say that isn't what Jenkins was trying to do before he slipped?

Like you said it was just a freak occurrence, but from the paint, not the pass.

It was a good look because Jenkins was open, from the pump fake, but Ryan had too little time to pump Jenkins open and throw because Jenkins would have run out of room. As a result, Ryan was doing too much with too little time. Jenkins job in that situation is to try and stop the DB from getting the INT. But as I pointed out, he slipped and we don't know if he was trying to come back to knock the ball down or what. Ryan could have looked off the safety by looking at Roddy on the other side then looking back to Jenkins at the last minute instead of looking Jenkins way from jump then pumping the safety away.

But I never said he shouldn't have thrown the pass. Another example of you trying to skew facts to make yourself look good.

Actually what I said was:

It was a good look because Jenkins was open, from the pump fake, but Ryan had too little time to pump Jenkins open and throw because Jenkins would have run out of room. As a result, Ryan was doing too much with too little time. Jenkins job in that situation is to try and stop the DB from getting the INT. But as I pointed out, he slipped and we don't know if he was trying to come back to knock the ball down or what. Ryan could have looked off the safety by looking at Roddy on the other side then looking back to Jenkins at the last minute instead of looking Jenkins way from jump then pumping the safety away.

But I never said he shouldn't have thrown the pass. Another example of you trying to skew facts to make yourself look good.

If you want it both ways sure...but I do have a question?

What do you suppose caused Jenkins to slip if he wasn't trying to stop?

If you want it both ways sure...but I do have a question?

What do you suppose caused Jenkins to slip if he wasn't trying to stop?

You're insinuating that Ryan made a poor throw. No he did not make a poor throw he made a late throw. That is why it was behind because if it was on time it would have hit Jenkins right in the numbers. Like I just said, Ryan could have got the safety to move another way but he went with the pump which took too long but that was because he was looking Jenkins direction the whole time.

Edit: I just went back to watch the video (to make sure my facts are correct, something you should try), and if Ryan throws that ball when he pump faked, there is no way Williams makes the pick because Jenkins is passing Williams at the 19 yard line but doesn't throw it until Jenkins is at about the 8. This is because he pumps, has to reset, and throw it which is a lot to do from the 30 yard line going in as opposed to being at around the 50.

Edited by vel

You're insinuating that Ryan made a poor throw. No he did not make a poor throw he made a late throw. That is why it was behind because if it was on time it would have hit Jenkins right in the numbers. Like I just said, Ryan could have got the safety to move another way but he went with the pump which took too long but that was because he was looking Jenkins direction the whole time.

Oh wow...this is all I've been saying...LOL!! Poor throw, Late Throw, Short Throw = INT.

Oh wow...this is all I've been saying...LOL!! Poor throw, Late Throw, Short Throw = INT.

It is a difference between a poor throw and a late throw. The throw was perfect...IF he threw it a second earlier. I'm not gonna let you twist my words for your argument's sake.

It is a difference between a poor throw and a late throw. The throw was perfect...IF he threw it a second earlier. I'm not gonna let you twist my words for your argument's sake.

LOLOL...

"Edit: I just went back to watch the video (to make sure my facts are correct, something you should try), and if Ryan throws that ball when he pump faked, there is no way Williams makes the pick because Jenkins is passing Williams at the 19 yard line but doesn't throw it until Jenkins is at about the 8. This is because he pumps, has to reset, and throw it which is a lot to do from the 30 yard line going in as opposed to being at around the 50."

I've said this too many times. Are you just able to view the vid? :D

LOLOL...

"Edit: I just went back to watch the video (to make sure my facts are correct, something you should try), and if Ryan throws that ball when he pump faked, there is no way Williams makes the pick because Jenkins is passing Williams at the 19 yard line but doesn't throw it until Jenkins is at about the 8. This is because he pumps, has to reset, and throw it which is a lot to do from the 30 yard line going in as opposed to being at around the 50."

I've said this too many times. Are you just able to view the vid? :D

I was never in the argument. Did you forget that? I said one thing about it.