It's Really Interesting How Some Are Ready to Replace HD83...

This works both ways. If your WRs take awhile to get open or can't catch in traffic, you need more time in the pocket (so the receivers can run more double moves.)

Or, if you're not going to have much time in the pocket, you need WRs who will get open quickly, or make catches in traffic.

So, for example, if Plaxico Burress in his prime (or any receiver like that, Vincent Jackson, Fitz, etc.r) were on this team, Ryan could throw it up deep, because he would know that he wouldn't require great accuracy, and the receiver would "go get it." Jenks doesn't do this. Otherwise, you need a guy who gets separation very quickly on a short route, and can create after the catch (a Welker type.)

If you have those receivers, safeties have to back off, and the QB ends up having more time. We need a guy who can create after the catch, and we need a guy who can be relied on to adjust and "get the ball" when it's just put up there. If we can't find those guys, we're going to REALLY need to upgrade the OL. As it is now, our OL is average, and the lack of deep throws lets them put so many in the box it's hard on the QB.

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING. Short notes version: Because Michael Jenkins is the polar opposite of Anquan (spl) Boldin we better upgrade that O line baby or draft/trade for someone who can outfight and outjump defenders and get the mf'n ball.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again how is saying he had SOME blame in it being an int hating on him? I must be hating on Ryan then too. **** I've seen just about every player on the team make a mistake before. I probably said something about it too. Maybe I just hate the Falcons. Thanks for clearing that up for me Bro

Dude if you don't see how you're hatin on Jenkins I can't really help you.

I think TheyHateMe wiped you up pretty good on this thread. You need to find another play to jump on. PM me if you need a good Jenk hatin play. I might be able to find one for you.

By the way is that you neggin all of my posts on this thread? If not can whoever it is man up and let me know what I'm doin wrong? I'm postin up stats, videos, you name it. There's no way every one of my posts should be gettin negged. Who is it? Man up. Don't punk out on me. Lemme know.

As for Anquan Boldin, he was the #1 receiving option for BAL last year and put up 64 receptions, 837 yards, 7 TDs and 10 20+ yard explosive plays. Jenkins can dam near do that as the third receiving option on this team. He's done the TDs and 20+ exploders before. As a second or third receiving option. I'm sure he could get 64 receptions and 837 yards if he was the first receiving option.

Yall boys better hope we get Fitz. If not you will probably see a couple more years of the Jenk Man. If they throw him the ball and throw him a good deep ball, he will deliver. Trust me.

Dude if you don't see how you're hatin on Jenkins I can't really help you.

I think TheyHateMe wiped you up pretty good on this thread. You need to find another play to jump on. PM me if you need a good Jenk hatin play. I might be able to find one for you.

By the way is that you neggin all of my posts on this thread? If not can whoever it is man up and let me know what I'm doin wrong? I'm postin up stats, videos, you name it. There's no way every one of my posts should be gettin negged. Who is it? Man up. Don't punk out on me. Lemme know.

As for Anquan Boldin, he was the #1 receiving option for BAL last year and put up 64 receptions, 837 yards, 7 TDs and 10 20+ yard explosive plays. Jenkins can dam near do that as the third receiving option on this team. He's done the TDs and 20+ exploders before. As a second or third receiving option. I'm sure he could get 64 receptions and 837 yards if he was the first receiving option.

Yall boys better hope we get Fitz. If not you will probably see a couple more years of the Jenk Man. If they throw him the ball and throw him a good deep ball, he will deliver. Trust me.

If you're that sensitive to think that is hating then that's your own issue. I think he is a good receiver, but he is not without blame on the play. As far as you thinking he is wiping me up then you're just as clueless as he is. He has tried to base his arguement off of something a broadcaster said, that they didn't even say. He's defending your boy though so I understand where you are coming from.

I'm not the one neggin you. Someone has been doing the same to me. Doesn't really bother me though. I'm not that sensitive.

If you're that sensitive to think that is hating then that's your own issue.

You dam sure ain't a Jenkins supporter. Trust me. You seem to be sensitive to being called a Jenk hater. You know they say a hit dog will holler. You hollerin?
As far as you thinking he is wiping me up then you're just as clueless as he is. He has tried to base his arguement off of something a broadcaster said, that they didn't even say. He's defending your boy though so I understand where you are coming from.
Just being straight up objective I believe he's dustin you hard. Contrary to popular belief Jenkins ain't my boy. I just don't think he's nowhere near the slug yall think he is.
I'm not the one neggin you. Someone has been doing the same to me. Doesn't really bother me though. I'm not that sensitive.
You're sensitive.

You dam sure ain't a Jenkins supporter. Trust me. You seem to be sensitive to being called a Jenk hater. You know they say a hit dog will holler. You hollerin?

Just being straight up objective I believe he's dustin you hard. Contrary to popular belief Jenkins ain't my boy. I just don't think he's nowhere near the slug yall think he is.

You're sensitive.

I've been talking about 1 play. Where have I said he's a slug? Or are you just making stuff up too?

Yes for some reason I would like to think he's competent enough to atleast knock a ball down if he doesn't fall down. Am I expecting too much?

Having played the position, there is no way you can stop on a dime and come back to knock a ball down that 3 yards in front of you. Why can't you see that he slipped trying to stop? If he keeps running he never slips.... :D

BTW, I'm not trashing you with the whole "ignorant" thing. You are pretty sane and competant, just uninformed..i guess.

There is a reason why we are close to, if not, the bottom of offensive plays that extend beyond 20+ yards...and going out to replace HD83 or Jenkins is not the answer. Just spread the ball around....

I think HD still has a place on the roster and a chance to prove himself. However, Falcons can't wait any longer for him to make an impact. A WR will be brought in for 2011.

Everybody was so high on HD and on his bandwagon heading into 2009 for some strange reason. Sorry, but 23 catches and 1 TD does not warrant the type of "high praise" people were singing for the guy. Even after the ACL tear in '09, there were so many here on the board that proved they no nothing about the NFL and were stating that they expected HD to replace Jenkins in 2010.

Falcons need another option, HD didn't provide much last year, like I said, he still has a place on this roster, but I think 2011 is going to be make or break for him. He has to show that he can be a true option for Ryan and the offense.

I think HD still has a place on the roster and a chance to prove himself. However, Falcons can't wait any longer for him to make an impact. A WR will be brought in for 2011.

Everybody was so high on HD and on his bandwagon heading into 2009 for some strange reason. Sorry, but 23 catches and 1 TD does not warrant the type of "high praise" people were singing for the guy. Even after the ACL tear in '09, there were so many here on the board that proved they no nothing about the NFL and were stating that they expected HD to replace Jenkins in 2010.

Falcons need another option, HD didn't provide much last year, like I said, he still has a place on this roster, but I think 2011 is going to be make or break for him. He has to show that he can be a true option for Ryan and the offense.

I'd like to see Ryan get the opportunity to run the offense much like we saw in the Ravens game. I was at that game and the Ravens were geared up to stop the run and guess what? We came out throwning. We didn't force the run, we stayed with the pass as long as we need. Ryan and Jenkins hooked up a few times on the quick slant. But my point is, can we really say that a guess hasn't proved anything when we don't make an effort to get him touches?

So the guys that are able to see the WHOLE play made a dumb remark in saying that Ryan should've thrown it earlier?

They were on the same page the problem is Ryan was too late and he floated the ball. There was no play to be made...maybe offensive pass interference. Jenkins probably should've pulled the defender down with him.

Saying he should've thrown it sooner is a dumb comment by the announcers. I already "proved" Ryan did the pump fake BEFORE Jenkins was open. After Ryan did the pump fake, he immediately turned and threw it without hesitation. In order for him to have thrown it sooner, he would've had to skip the pump fake. If he skips the pump fake, he would've been staring his receiver down and drawing the Safety into Jenkins coverage.

It's dumb to think after the fact that a QB could just magically know the sequence of events that are about to take place. A QB is taught to never stare down his WR. But the commentators and you are saying that's exactly what he should've done so he could've seen him get open at the 7 and thrown it to him without doing a pump fake. And believe this, if Ryan stared down Jenkins, the Safety would've been pulled into the play. Every time a QB stares down his WR on a 30+ yard play, the Safety is all over it and the commentators jump all over the QB for breaking the cardinal rule, which is the fact that they should never stare down their target.

Saying he should've thrown it sooner is a dumb comment by the announcers. I already "proved" Ryan did the pump fake BEFORE Jenkins was open. After Ryan did the pump fake, he immediately turned and threw it without hesitation. In order for him to have thrown it sooner, he would've had to skip the pump fake. If he skips the pump fake, he would've been staring his receiver down and drawing the Safety into Jenkins coverage.

It's dumb to think after the fact that a QB could just magically know the sequence of events that are about to take place. A QB is taught to never stare down his WR. But the commentators and you are saying that's exactly what he should've done so he could've seen him get open at the 7 and thrown it to him without doing a pump fake. And believe this, if Ryan stared down Jenkins, the Safety would've been pulled into the play. Every time a QB stares down his WR on a 30+ yard play, the Safety is all over it and the commentators jump all over the QB for breaking the cardinal rule, which is the fact that they should never stare down their target.

What they said was the pump fake wasn't necessary and I agree by looking at the play. That ball was delivered late because of the fake...it appeared that the Safety made a choice to cover HD because he'd also become open.

BTW, the picture on the home page is a very good example of the ball being delivered on time. Notice that there's two defenders behind Jenkins...which says to me the ball was delivered in a spot far enough for Jenkins to run under it regardless of a pump fake.

For Your Viewing Pleasure.

What they said was the pump fake wasn't necessary and I agree by looking at the play. That ball was delivered late because of the fake...it appeared that the Safety made a choice to cover HD because he'd also become open.

Who said that the pump fake wasn't necessary? Inform me. My tivo must have erased that part.

Edited by ru_serious

Who said that the pump fake wasn't necessary? Inform me.

Whomever the broadcaster of the game. I've tried to find it. But he said it immediately after the play. His words were something like: Ryan tried to do too much to manipulate the safety which cause the ball to get there a little late. Please post what was said...from the Fox Broadcast. I do know that Deion Sanders said the same as well in the postgame review?

Troy Aikman"Watch the safety right here, you're going to see Matt Ryan what he does he's trying to move him and by moving him he's late on the throw." Nothing about the pumpfake not being needed. That's from a few minutes later in the game.

That's also the time they are showing the play from behind the qb and you can see the safety keeping outside leverage until the pumpfake to the middle.

No pumpfake = Jenkins being double teamed

The only comment they made right after the play on the way to commercial was "Jenkins fell down. Williams did not."

:DTroy Aikman"Watch the safety right here, you're going to see Matt Ryan what he does he's trying to move him and by moving him he's late on the throw." Nothing about the pumpfake not being needed . That's from a few minutes later in the game.

That's also the time they are showing the play from behind the qb and you can see the safety keeping outside leverage until the pumpfake to the middle.

No pumpfake = Jenkins being double teamed

The only comment they made right after the play on the way to commercial was "Jenkins fell down. Williams did not."

Okay...bruh...LOLOL....at least you understand the point I'm making...Two ways to move the safety: Run a WR to the Post or pumpfake to the post...the latter made the ball late.

I'd like to see Ryan get the opportunity to run the offense much like we saw in the Ravens game. I was at that game and the Ravens were geared up to stop the run and guess what? We came out throwning. We didn't force the run, we stayed with the pass as long as we need. Ryan and Jenkins hooked up a few times on the quick slant. But my point is, can we really say that a guess hasn't proved anything when we don't make an effort to get him touches?

I understand what you are saying, but the Falcons are not going into 2011 with the same group at WR. We know Roddy is the only standout we have. If somebody else stepped up great, but we have been waiting on somebody else to step up for 2 seasons. HD will still have a chance, but if he fails you can't be stuck with the same situation you have had the last two years.

WR position needs new blood basically. If you bring in a guys and HD steps up as well, that is a win-win. Roddy is getting up in age and so is Jenkins. We need to find the next generation of WR's for this team anyway.

Edited by isproab

I understand what you are saying, but the Falcons are not going into 2011 with the same group at WR. We know Roddy is the only standout we have. If somebody else stepped up great, but we have been waiting on somebody else to step up for 2 seasons. HD will still have a chance, but if he fails you can't be stuck with the same situation you have had the last two years.

WR position needs new blood basically. If you bring in a guys and HD steps up as well, that is a win-win. Roddy is getting up in age and so is Jenkins. We need to find the next generation of WR's for this team anyway.

We won't, IMO...Meier will see sometime and HD as well...but the playcalling has to get the ball down the field regardless of who comes in at WR..

Okay...bruh...LOLOL....at least you understand the point I'm making...Two ways to move the safety: Run a WR to the Post or pumpfake to the post...the latter made the ball late.

Ryan can't stop everybody in the middle of the play and and run out to the middle of the field to tell Douglas to run a post instead of a seam.

With the play call and the defense played a pumpfake to the middle and a 1 on 1 jumpball to a 6'4 receiver in the back of the endzone was the best option. If Jenkins doesn't fall the worst outcome should be an incomplete pass. He fell.

Ryan can't stop everybody in the middle of the play and and run out to the middle of the field to tell Douglas to run a post instead of a seam.

With the play call and the defense played a pumpfake to the middle and a 1 on 1 jumpball to a 6'4 receiver in the back of the endzone was the best option. If Jenkins doesn't fall the worst outcome should be an incomplete pass. He fell.

It appeared that HD came open which made the safety choose cover him which made the pump fake useless.

Anyone saying that Jenks has not had issues regarding fighting for the ball is a blind homer. Ever since he has been drafted his fight has been a major concern for fans. I have seen him countless times run a curl and stay in his pivot spot. He never comes back for the ball.

We are talking about one play... :D

Never happened. The safety never moved until the pumpfake. How long has it been since you've seen the other angle?

I'm lookin at that original clip. It doesn't show what the pump fake did. So I have to trust what the commentator said being that they had all the views and angles. Also the endzone replay shows and safety coming over from the middle of the endzone which is where HD was...

I'm lookin at that original clip. It doesn't show what the pump fake did. So I have to trust what the commentator said being that they had all the views and angles.

So when did the commentator say that it appeared HD came open pulling the safety away and that the pumpfake was useless?

Did commentator say: The pump fake drew the safety away from jenkins? :D

You are the one basing your argument off of what the commentator said, even though he never said it.

I'm just trying to figure out where you are getting your information from...even though I know you're just making it up. :D

You are the one basing your argument off of what the commentator said, even though he never said it.

I'm just trying to figure out where you are getting your information from...even though I know you're just making it up. :D

I never quoted him...Ryan wasted valuable time by steppin up in a clean pocket for no reason and a useless pumpfake...I said that...you can quote me....LOL...Deion said the the ball should've been thrown earlier...