It's Really Interesting How Some Are Ready to Replace HD83...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he did and THAT was a horrible pass.

So what's the difference between that pass in a preseason practice game different than the playoff game? I admit that I haven't seen the preseason play but I remember a lot of hate on both sides on if it was Ryan's fault or Jenkins during that time. That's why I'm asking.

Personally I think that pass was horrible pass to Jenkins. I could understand if he was at midfield or more with his movement and pump fake but why would you step up in the pocket and lob a ball as high as he did like it was a goal line fade?

So what's the difference between that pass in a preseason practice game different than the playoff game? I admit that I haven't seen the preseason play but I remember a lot of hate on both sides on if it was Ryan's fault or Jenkins during that time. That's why I'm asking.

Personally I think that pass was horrible pass to Jenkins. I could understand if he was at midfield or more with his movement and pump fake but why would you step up in the pocket and lob a ball as high as he did like it was a goal line fade?

Here's the Preseason Vid...

Whoever that was covering him on that play was burnt bad. That play was horrible on Matt's part.

If I leave a guy like that I expect the ball to hit me in stride, not to come to a full on stop to make a jump ball play when it never had to be...

Yeah, that's all I've been saying. Jenkins' burst off the line is incredible! I'd truly like to see Ryan throw it up and let Jenkins run under it. One poster said that Moss would've made a play on that pick in the endzone, but Moss would've let Ryan have it on the sidelines for not throwing the ball way sooner... :D

Yeah, that's all I've been saying. Jenkins' burst off the line is incredible! I'd truly like to see Ryan throw it up and let Jenkins run under it. One poster said that Moss would've made a play on that pick in the endzone, but Moss would've let Ryan have it on the sidelines for not throwing the ball way sooner... :D

I'm not going to lie to you I'm not that high on Jenkins because he plays like a 5'10 guy. However he IS a vertical threat just like Roddy so when they beat someone deep it better be there.

Plax and Moss are jumpball players which were brought up in comparison to MJ but what's funny is that I bet none would want either of them on this team. I mean they are available right?

Anyways How I see it is that Jenkins can beat people but are complaining that he doesn't bail out the quarterback like Plax and Moss have done in there careers on bad passes by the quarterback. If the ball hit's the guy in stride there wouldn't be any problems so why blame the receiver for beating his man?

Edited by Atl/0

Whoever that was covering him on that play was burnt bad. That play was horrible on Matt's part.

If I leave a guy like that I expect the ball to hit me in stride, not to come to a full on stop to make a jump ball play when it never had to be...

Do you see the difference in the 2 plays now?

I'm not going to lie to you I'm not that high on Jenkins because he plays like a 5'10 guy. However he IS a vertical threat just like Roddy so when they beat someone deep it better be there.

Plax and Moss are jumpball players which were brought up in comparison to MJ but what's funny is that I bet none would want either of them on this team. I mean they are available right?

Anyways How I see it is that Jenkins can beat people but are complaining that he doesn't bail out the quarterback like Plax and Moss have done in there careers on bad passes by the quarterback. If the ball hit's the guy in stride there wouldn't be any problems so why blame the receiver for beating his man?

Noone is putting all the blame on Jenkins, but some people are trying to say he did all he could do on the play. I have said many times MR needs to work on his mechanics to get more velocity on the long ball, but If I was a receiver coach Jenkins' lack of use of his size would drive me nuts. He's just not as good as he could be.

Do you see the difference in the 2 plays now?

Yes, preseason pass> playoff pass in terms of how bad the pass was.

Jenkins still should of still caught the preseason one but if the pass was on target it's a touchdown - Ryan's fault.

Jenkins could have made a Moss like play over a very good orner for a TD or cause an Incomplete, but the pass was way too late and underthrown for know reason - Ryan's fault.

How I see it is that Jenkins could have may made plays on both balls, but he had to go out of his way from what could have been an easy touchdown since he did his job shaking a defender to go save his quarterback from a bad pass that he made.

Noone is putting all the blame on Jenkins, but some people are trying to say he did all he could do on the play. I have said many times MR needs to work on his mechanics to get more velocity on the long ball, but If I was a receiver coach Jenkins' lack of use of his size would drive me nuts. He's just not as good as he could be.

Your right with his size Jenkins should be a beast, but he plays a lot shorter than he really is but that's just how he's built to play. It's like 7'0 center playing like he's 6'5

With that said I'm not going to bad mouth him on play that shouldn't have gotten to that point to begin with.

If this was baseball and I was the 1st baseman and you were the pitcher and a pickoff play was called how much blame would you put on me if the runner advances to 2nd because of a bad throw from you and I had to dive to just save the ball but I missed it?

Edited by Atl/0

+1

Some fans think players with the abilities of a Plax, Moss, or Fitz fall off trees. It will be a crap shoot to replace MJ12 with a draft pick(27) and cost big money that needs to go elsewhere(O/D line)on a F/A WR that meets those unique abilities. Any attempt to upgrade this season with MM's playcalling would be just a lateral move. We'll change the name on the jersey but the overall results will stay the same. The fact that BB is here to do more than just QB coach should speak volumes. BB in my opinion is here to address two issues: MR's mechanics and put some fresh ideas into the "O" playcalling.

I'm not a fan of MJ12 either but MR has had a good connection with MJ12 from the start so why add another variable when MR and HD don't click that well at the moment. I'm never in favor of adding more variables to an equation.

Your right with his size Jenkins should be a beast, but he plays a lot shorter than he really is but that's just how he's built to play. It's like 7'0 center playing like he's 6'5

With that said I'm not going to bad mouth him on play that shouldn't have gotten to that point to begin with.

If this was baseball and I was the 1st baseman and you were the pitcher and a pickoff play was called how much blame would you put on me if the runner advances to 2nd because of a bad throw from you and I had to dive to just save the ball but I missed it?

So you think he did all he could to make a play?

If I was a pitcher and I put the pickoff on you left shoulder instead of your right where it would be easier for you to make the catch and tag and you just got your feet tangled up and fell then yes it's your fault too. I'm not asking him to make the catch and tag, just don't let the ball get past him when it's in range.

If I was a pitcher and I put the pickoff on you left shoulder instead of your right where it would be easier for you to make the catch and tag and you just got your feet tangled up and fell then yes it's your fault too. I'm not asking him to make the catch and tag, just don't let the ball get past him when it's in range.

You are the type that will argue a point to the bitter end regardless of how ignorant that point may appear....why? :mellow:

The proof was the commentators remarks, they had all the views and angles that we didn't have. As far as Vick, I was just wondering would you defend Vick on a throw like that because it's that kind of throw that leaves you scratching your head.

Commentators make dumb remarks all the time. They play favorites and they find scapegoats. Whatever they say is not proof of anything. For the record, I defended Vick on a lot of the throws he made for several years until he did stuff that was indefensible.

You won't hear me defend Ryan on the pick six he threw to Roddy. I am confident that was 100% on him. He shouldn't have thrown that ball. On this play in that situation, I don't want Ryan staring down his WR, I expect Ryan to pull the Safety out of coverage, and I expect our WR to go get the ball over the DB that is 5" shorter than him.

I already said I blame them both. The reason I blame them both is because they should be on the same page with each other. Ryan should know what Jenkins is going to do in that situation and Jenkins should know what Ryan is going to do.

Commentators make dumb remarks all the time. They play favorites and they find scapegoats. Whatever they say is not proof of anything. For the record, I defended Vick on a lot of the throws he made for several years until he did stuff that was indefensible.

You won't hear me defend Ryan on the pick six he threw to Roddy. I am confident that was 100% on him. He shouldn't have thrown that ball. On this play in that situation, I don't want Ryan staring down his WR, I expect Ryan to pull the Safety out of coverage, and I expect our WR to go get the ball over the DB that is 5" shorter than him.

I already said I blame them both. The reason I blame them both is because they should be on the same page with each other. Ryan should know what Jenkins is going to do in that situation and Jenkins should know what Ryan is going to do.

So the guys that are able to see the WHOLE play made a dumb remark in saying that Ryan should've thrown it earlier?

They were on the same page the problem is Ryan was too late and he floated the ball. There was no play to be made...maybe offensive pass interference. Jenkins probably should've pulled the defender down with him.

You are the type that will argue a point to the bitter end regardless of how ignorant that point may appear....why? :mellow:

Buddy is trying to take over the Jenk hatin camp. He ain't really ready. Falconidae probably needs to take the lead. I think you smokin all of em. Which one of them creeps is neggin me? I'm gettin negged on every post. The only poster on this thread. Can whoever it is man up and tell me or are you a cyberpunk?

Buddy is trying to take over the Jenk hatin camp. He ain't really ready. Falconidae probably needs to take the lead. I think you smokin all of em. Which one of them creeps is neggin me? I'm gettin negged on every post. The only poster on this thread. Can whoever it is man up and tell me or are you a cyberpunk?

Once again how is saying he had SOME blame in it being an int hating on him? I must be hating on Ryan then too. **** I've seen just about every player on the team make a mistake before. I probably said something about it too. Maybe I just hate the Falcons. Thanks for clearing that up for me Bro

So the guys that are able to see the WHOLE play made a dumb remark in saying that Ryan should've thrown it earlier?

They were on the same page the problem is Ryan was too late and he floated the ball. There was no play to be made...maybe offensive pass interference. Jenkins probably should've pulled the defender down with him.

Yes they make mistakes. The difference is they made a comment right then in the heat of the moment. We have watched the play over and over again.

Sometimes you can't just regurgitate what you heard on TV as your own opinion.

Yes they make mistakes. The difference is they made a comment right then in the heat of the moment. We have watched the play over and over again.

Sometimes you can't just regurgitate what you heard on TV as your own opinion.

I was watching the play just and the commentator immediately called it. I've provided proof with both plays, Ryan hasn't established timing and accuracy with the deep ball and you've said it yourself, repeatedly, that Ryan shouldn't have thrown it. If Jenkins had a part in Ryan's bad throw then you might as well blame everyone else and to do that WOULD be ignorant. If I'm not mistaken, Jenkins was the leading WR of this game...again the fact the he slipped showed that he attempting to make a play on a poorly thrown ball.

But you'd like us to think that because he slipped the ball was intercepted. :D

I was watching the play just and the commentator immediately called it. I've provided proof with both plays, Ryan hasn't established timing and accuracy with the deep ball and you've said it yourself, repeatedly, that Ryan shouldn't have thrown it. If Jenkins had a part in Ryan's bad throw then you might as well blame everyone else and to do that WOULD be ignorant. If I'm not mistaken, Jenkins was the leading WR of this game...again the fact the he slipped showed that he attempting to make a play on a poorly thrown ball.

I never said he shouldn't have thrown it. I said if Jenkins wasn't 6'4 he shouldn't throw it. Last time I checked he is.

It was not a poorly thrown ball. It wasn't a perfect pass, but keep on overexaggerating when all else fails. He gave the receiver a chance to make a play. By the way you need to watch the play again and listen to what the commentator really said. Nothing you said came out of the broadcaster's mouth and I quote "Jenkins fell down Williams did not" Later Aikman goes to show another breakdown from behind the qb that clearly shows the safety not moving towards HD until the pumpfake.

What does Jenkins being the leading receiver in the game have to do with anything? Ryan was the leading passer does that mean he didn't make a mistake?

Yes for some reason I would like to think he's competent enough to atleast knock a ball down if he doesn't fall down. Am I expecting too much?