It's Really Interesting How Some Are Ready to Replace HD83...

This works both ways. If your WRs take awhile to get open or can't catch in traffic, you need more time in the pocket (so the receivers can run more double moves.)

Or, if you're not going to have much time in the pocket, you need WRs who will get open quickly, or make catches in traffic.

So, for example, if Plaxico Burress in his prime (or any receiver like that, Vincent Jackson, Fitz, etc.r) were on this team, Ryan could throw it up deep, because he would know that he wouldn't require great accuracy, and the receiver would "go get it." Jenks doesn't do this. Otherwise, you need a guy who gets separation very quickly on a short route, and can create after the catch (a Welker type.)

If you have those receivers, safeties have to back off, and the QB ends up having more time. We need a guy who can create after the catch, and we need a guy who can be relied on to adjust and "get the ball" when it's just put up there. If we can't find those guys, we're going to REALLY need to upgrade the OL. As it is now, our OL is average, and the lack of deep throws lets them put so many in the box it's hard on the QB.

Honestly, when looking back at the GB playoff game, the 2 INTs that Ryan threw had nothing to do with the WRs whatsoever. The one thrown to Jenkins was soooo late that ball should've come out much faster. The INT to Roddy is a throw that Ryan frequently gets in trouble with. That one on one quick hit to the outside has resulted in a pick 6 before. Ryan has some adjustments to make as well.

The cornerback, who sealed the win over the Eagles by intercepting Vick in the end zone, stepped in front of a quick out pass intended for Roddy White, made a nice cut around midfield and was gone on a 70-yard interception return for a touchdown on the final play of the half.

"I recognized the formation," Williams said. "I knew they were trying to get into position for a field goal."

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point being it's hard to call an "explosive" play from the coaching booth. It's much easier to get explosive players have them turn the basic into the spectacular.

I don't think so...just call a play that's downfield. The broadcasters didn't refer to our lack of YAC as being the reason that we are non-explosive. They specifically said that we were close to the bottom with plays that net 20+ yards or better. We didn't take the shots down the field and when we did, they were over or under thrown. It had to do with chemistry and timing....I would say.

...Ryan could throw it up deep, because he would know that he wouldn't require great accuracy, and the receiver would "go get it." Jenks doesn't do this...we need a guy who can be relied on to adjust and "get the ball" when it's just put up there...
I don't think you're watching the tapes bro. If you are it has to be through hater goggles. See the plays in the video below at 4:14, 4:26, 4:41 and 5:52
Right now, our QB only has time to throw the short routes, or go/post routes. That makes it easy on a defender, because what it means is, you can go all out against the first move the receiver makes. If you don't have to respect the double move, it's pretty easy to cover a guy. Now, if our guys can start faking inside, and going back on a corner route, the offense will open up a lot. That, though, requires more time OR a receiver who will go up and get the ball, so Ryan can throw early, knowing his guy will make the catch (or at least prevent the INT).
You mean like the plays at 3:27, 5:09 and 5:52 right? :rolleyes:

I don't think so...just call a play that's downfield. The broadcasters didn't refer to our lack of YAC as being the reason that we are non-explosive. They specifically said that we were close to the bottom with plays that net 20+ yards or better. We didn't take the shots down the field and when we did, they were over or under thrown. It had to do with chemistry and timing....I would say.

Since the broadcaster didn't say it, it must not be. Riiight.

Honestly, when looking back at the GB playoff game, the 2 INTs that Ryan threw had nothing to do with the WRs whatsoever. The one thrown to Jenkins was soooo late that ball should've come out much faster. The INT to Roddy is a throw that Ryan frequently gets in trouble with. That one on one quick hit to the outside has resulted in a pick 6 before. Ryan has some adjustments to make as well.

The cornerback, who sealed the win over the Eagles by intercepting Vick in the end zone, stepped in front of a quick out pass intended for Roddy White, made a nice cut around midfield and was gone on a 70-yard interception return for a touchdown on the final play of the half.

"I recognized the formation," Williams said. "I knew they were trying to get into position for a field goal."

Sorry but you're supposed to be able to throw a jump ball to a 6'4 receiver and expect him to atleast not fall down. Could he or should he have thrown it earlier yes but to say the pick had NOTHING to do with the receivers whatsoever is crazy.

Edited by ru_serious

Sorry but you're supposed to be able to throw a jump ball to a 6'4 receiver and expect him to atleast not fall down. Could he or should he have thrown it earlier yes but to say the pick had NOTHING to do with the receivers whatsoever is crazy.

That ball was thrown late and short....There was no reason for the pump fake...he slipped in an effort to comeback to the ball. Ryan acknowledged that it was HIS own fault...but you chose to focus on Jenkins slipping... :D

That ball was thrown late and short....There was no reason for the pump fake...he slipped in an effort to comeback to the ball. Ryan acknowledged that it was HIS own fault...but you chose to focus on Jenkins slipping... :D

He slipped in an effort to jump for the ball. I said it should have and could have been thrown earlier, but the receiver still needs to be able to stay on his feet and atleast attempt a catch.

Do you really think Ryan is going to say "Jenkins needs to stay on his feet"? No. That's what leaders do. They take the blame and criticism.

He slipped in an effort to jump for the ball. I said it should have and could have been thrown earlier, but the receiver still needs to be able to stay on his feet and atleast attempt a catch.

Do you really think Ryan is going to say "Jenkins needs to stay on his feet"? No. That's what leaders do. They take the blame and criticism.

The fact that it should been thrown earler ends the discussion.... :D Jenkins pointed out to Ryan that the ball "floated"....have you not seen the vid? :D

Since you want to show the video notice the safety that the pump fake moved away from Jenkins. But then again the broadcaster didn't say anything about it so I don't expect you to notice it on your own.

They said it during the game that the pump fake wasn't necessary. That Ryan was trying to do too much to manipulate the safety which cause him to be late on the throw, if I'm not mistaken...were you watching? Jenkins' man was beat and the ball was late...point blank....yeah he slipped had he stayed his feet his momentum would've carried him out of the endzone. You do understand that the play was never designed to be a "jump ball" in the endzone It was thrown too short and way late...Jenkins came open around the 8 yard line, the ball was picked off well into the endzone.... :D

They said it during the game that the pump fake wasn't necessary...were you watching? Jenkins' man was beat and the ball was late...point blank....yeah he slipped had he stayed his feet his momentum would've carried him out of the endzone. You do understand that the play was never designed to be a "jump ball." It was thrown too short and way late...Jenkins came open around the 8 yard line, the ball was picked off well into the endzone.... :D

They said....they said....the broadcaster said.....thanks for proving my point on that one

His man may have been beat, but if the safety is over top of Jenkins then he is not open. The safety was moved away by the pump fake clear as day. You can see him # 25 or 26 trying to catch up to the play as the play concludes.

They said....they said....the broadcaster said.....thanks for proving my point on that one

His man may have been beat, but if the safety is over top of Jenkins then he is not open. The safety was moved away by the pump fake clear as day. You can see him # 25 or 26 trying to catch up to the play as the play concludes.

The safety had to cover HD83 which is why the pump fake wasn't necessary...what are you watching? :wacko:

If BB can't fix M.R. mechanics on deep throws and add some spice to the MM offense then do not expect too many "explosive plays" from a WR. A FA WR or high draft pick can not fix what is inherent with this team. Our offense makes RW, MJ, HD, TG, and whomever possession receivers. Our best hope is for a healthy Norwood or an infusion of offensive imagination and player utilization(Weems,HD)from BB or hopefully MM.

Spend the draft picks and any FA moves on offensive and defensive line. Tired of a lack of protection and no pass rush other than ABE or blitzing. Improving both lines will add explosive plays on both sides of the ball.

If BB can't fix M.R. mechanics on deep throws and add some spice to the MM offense then do not expect too many "explosive plays" from a WR. A FA WR or high draft pick can not fix what is inherent with this team. Our offense makes RW, MJ, HD, TG, and whomever possession receivers. Our best hope is for a healthy Norwood or an infusion of offensive imagination and player utilization(Weems,HD)from BB or hopefully MM.Spend the draft picks and any FA moves on offensive and defensive line. Tired of a lack of protection and no pass rush other than ABE or blitzing. Improving both lines will add explosive plays on both sides of the ball.

Excellent post bro