Auburn's Jeff Lee makes accusations regarding Calloway's recruitment.

ADMIN

Post #26965

Auburn, Ala.

I did a segment this morning on WNSP in Mobile and talked about some of the allegations surrounding the recruitment of Russellville RB/LB Brent Calloway.

I have been working on a story and spoke briefly about some my findings on the show.

Here is a quick synopsis of what I touched on this morning (and a little I didn't have time to touch on):

According to sources...

- A supporter of Alabama, not an alumni or booster, was very involved with Calloway and his recruitment. The "supporter" took Calloway to Tuscaloosa numerous times including the last weekend before Signing Day.

- Following Calloway's visit to Tuscaloosa that weekend, the "supporter" drove Calloway out of state, most likely to Florida, and kept Calloway there until returning to Russellville Wednesday for Signing Day.

- Calloway did not attend school during that span, nor did he play in a scheduled high school basketball game.

- Calloway was excused from school from then-superintendent Don Cox, who informed Russellville principal Tim Guinn that Calloway would be excused because he needed the time to make his college choice.

- No other Russellville student received excused absences to make his/her college choice.

- Cox, who is no longer superintendent, has a very close family member that works in the Alabama Athletics Department.

- Before Calloway's last trip to Alabama before Signing Day, the "supporter" is alleged to have made cash payments to Harland "Peaches" Winston, Calloway's adoptive father.

- Winston received $2,500 from the "supporter" on at least one occasion.

- In addition to the aforementioned payment, Winston was also behind on his house mortgage, but made cash payments to catch up and then asked how much it would be to pay off the mortgage.

- The "supporter" also provided Calloway with a new car, which Calloway drove to school. The first day Calloway drove the new car, it raised enough questions that it was taken back by the end of the day.

- The car was purchased by the "supporter" from a dealership in Muscle Shoals, owned by another big supporter of Alabama athletics.

- The "supporter" informed Calloway that Calloway would receive $1,200 each month while at Alabama.

1.) It's Jeffery Lee so take it with a grain of salt 2.) I hope none of this is true because I would really hate to see bama go through another big time penalty right when the rivalry is at it's peak.

Last years Iron Bowl was probably the best football game I have ever seen and I would hate to not be able to see a game like that between two power houses because of "the hammer" being dropped.

5,642 per year.

Maybe per capita or household. Sum total I estimate we're looking at a number with 2 commas. 42% of the state of Alabama's GDP goes towards nefarious payments to individuals associated with, or prospectively associated with, the football programs at the state's 2 major research institutions.

Maybe per capita or household. Sum total I estimate we're looking at a number with 2 commas. 42% of the state of Alabama's GDP goes towards nefarious payments to individuals associated with, or prospectively associated with, the football programs at the state's 2 major research institutions.

Bro, that's the average per person. My 7 year old daughter alone spent 800 hours last year securing Gabe Wright's letter of intent. :lol:

Personally, I don't think AU or Bama wants the NCAA to investigate Calloway's recruitment...would not be good for either school.

I agree. With all of the recent accusations surrounding AU, the absolute last thing I'd want to do is draw even more attention to myself about recruiting.

Bro, that's the average per person. My 7 year old daughter alone spent 800 hours last year securing Gabe Wright's letter of intent. :lol:

do you want to know why kevin ware is feeling louisville more than any other school right now and no joke, it's because louisville fans have been showing him a lot of love on his twitter and other social media and he is really loving it because of them.. his words.. lol

Cheating in the great state of Alabama, no way man, not ever. Anyone who thinks that is a hater or is jealous of the powerhouses in the state of Alabama.

Everybody should be investigated and everybody who gets caught should be hammered. I'm so sick and tired of this kind of nonsense being in the news every other day.

1.) It's Jeffery Lee so take it with a grain of salt 2.) I hope none of this is true because I would really hate to see bama go through another big time penalty right when the rivalry is at it's peak.

Last years Iron Bowl was probably the best football game I have ever seen and I would hate to not be able to see a game like that between two power houses because of "the hammer" being dropped.

Man that would be a real shame. ;)